Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Squats!
View Poll Results: Do you know what the Squats were?
A 40k species resembling the Halflings of Fantasy Battle? 4 12.12%
A early name for the ork's grots that has been forgotten? 1 3.03%
A 40k species resembling the Dwarfs of Fantasy Battle? 25 75.76%
A new but hardly heard of race that joined the Tau? 0 0%
DUH I DUNNO? 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 07 Oct 2007, 23:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Squats!

Lets see who knows about the Squats!! >
Old 07 Oct 2007, 23:55   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: SQUATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, none of the above, really. The Squats resembled the Dwarves of fantasy, but they were a sub-species of humans descended from early colonists. They were not a seperate species. Likewise, the Ratlings of 40k are a sub-species of human that resembles the Halflings of Warhammer Fantasy.

The Demiurg, who have been referred to as their "spiritual successors" in 40k, are an actual Xenos species. At present, very little is known about them.
Old 08 Oct 2007, 07:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to UltraMagnus Send a message via MSN to UltraMagnus Send a message via Yahoo to UltraMagnus
Default Re: Squats!

i really like the squats personally... i wish GW would bring them back

Old 08 Oct 2007, 18:29   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I found a decent squad of the old plastics on ebay and I'm going to incorperate them in my IG army (playing as imperial guards). I'm gonna give them a Chimera and fluff them out as survivors of the supposed Tyranid invasion now in the service of the Imperium giving them the specialty of hating xenos= tyranids.
Old 08 Oct 2007, 19:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by norge71
I found a decent squad of the old plastics on ebay and I'm going to incorperate them in my IG army (playing as imperial guards). I'm gonna give them a Chimera and fluff them out as survivors of the supposed Tyranid invasion now in the service of the Imperium giving them the specialty of hating xenos= tyranids.
Mmm, well if you only play with friends I guess it's ok, but don't bring them to any tournement or GW games you'll get crucify on the spot. Because after GW decided to axe the sqauts even mentionning them is sinful and frow upon...so imagine having them part of your army.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Old 08 Oct 2007, 20:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to UltraMagnus Send a message via MSN to UltraMagnus Send a message via Yahoo to UltraMagnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
Quote:
Mmm, well if you only play with friends I guess it's ok, but don't bring them to any tournement or GW games you'll get crucify on the spot. Because after GW decided to axe the sqauts even mentionning them is sinful and frow upon...so imagine having them part of your army.
umm, they are GW models, no? and i think there have been squat armies using IG rules in GTs before...
Old 10 Oct 2007, 19:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
Quote:
don't be ridiculous. if he fields them as part of his IG army and uses IG rules for them there's no issue.

I played against an all-squat exo-suit army that counted as a Deathwing army. he and I duked it out for first place at a tournament.

I thin Norge71's concept is cool. Go for it, dude!
Old 11 Oct 2007, 19:01   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Adam Baker

They were too funny for WH40K standards... but in that moment, even Primarchs had families. :P
Old 13 Oct 2007, 01:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Baker
They were too funny for WH40K standards... but in that moment, even Primarchs had families. :P
GW removed them because they didn't want to look like 40k was just "Fantasy batttles in space." Just like Starcraft was later mocked for being "Warcraft in space."

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig
Old 13 Oct 2007, 04:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
GW removed them because they didn't want to look like 40k was just "Fantasy batttles in space." Just like Starcraft was later mocked for being "Warcraft in space."
Poor excuse, they still have Space Elves, Space Dark Elves, Space Magicians/Sorcerers, Space Zombies...
Closed Thread