Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Red Dog's Kroot War band "Warm Shadows"
Old 08 Sep 2007, 06:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Red Dog's Kroot War band "Warm Shadows"

Heya everyone ^_^. I haven't wrote any list in a while. So kroot are next. this is my new "improved list". Themed around hunters. Though I am not building "no fluff" stuff here. I am trying to build a deadly list. So I hope for some critique.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
Kroot War band "Warm Shadows"

Adaptation

Fast Reflexes/Bold
***My favorite trick. Adaptation do not require any modeling. I can easily swap them depending on opponent. Thats not tailoring, my favorite kroot got nerfed, so I am gonna use every dirty trick I have. Heck I(kroot) am a mercenary, since when I play fare? ^_^***

HQ

"Clever Shadow" Master Shaper -> 112 points
+ Fleet + Frags + Hawk Totem + Favorite Child + FR/LD + Power Weapon + Bolt Pistol
***Yes I know, There is few (about 3 I guess) set ups you can make for Master shaper. This is duelist. He can drop 5 S4 I5 power weapon attacks on a charge. Should help with character killing. I know I can get "Chainsaw Chicken", but I want to try him out. No surefoot since both council and head hunters got charms***

Shaper Council -> 210 points
3 shapers + 2 Power weapon + 2 Slugga + 2 Frags + FR/LD + Fleet + 6 hounds + Shurefoot + ChainSaw
***Yeah, these guys are hitting hard and can take on almost anyone. 10 power weapon attacks and 4 Powerfist attack on the charge. I can kill, monsters, MEQ,TEQ & any armor (short of skimmers) with these guys***

Elite

Head Hunter kindred -> 181 points
10 men + FR/LD + Fleet + Shaper with Blood & Shurefoot
***Amm yeah, this is my experimental unit. No special weapon. Well they will try to tie up monsters.***

Troops

2 x Carnivore kindred -> 2 x 192 -> 384 points
16 kroot + FR/LD + Shaper + Chain Saw + Auspex
***My support general support***

Heavy Support

Hunter Kindred -> 113 points
10 kroot + FR/LD + Shaper + Auspex
***Long range monster hunters***

Total: 1000 points
------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

Well thats the list. I run it thru system. Well I'll try this one out hopefully ^_^ soon enough. Again skimmers will case pain. The rest I should be able to eat up.

All comments are welcomed.

P.S. btw, so I can position my Hunters 7'' in woods and I can shoot people and they can't do anything except barrage? If so then... ^_^

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2007, 18:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Red Dog's Kroot War band "Warm Shadows"

Hmmm, looks pretty good.

16 man Carnivore squads are great, and strangely have much more staying power then 14 man squads...

I love your shaper council. I've been wondering how to best configure those guys for an eternity, and your set up is both cheap and semi-effective. The problem is that still have I3 (or 4) and are a nine man squad. If you get dangled by accident, or if you get into prolonged combat the jig is up.

Give the master a Surefoot if you're planning to attach him to the hunters or council. I'm pretty sure that if he joins and doesn't have the item, none of the unit can use it.

Headhunters are expensive and generally an iffy choice, but your themed around them so... . I suggest throwing an Eviscerator into the mix just for giggles. You have very very few things that can tank hunt. At 1000 points it's not such an issue, but I'd say better safe then sorry. If not an Evi, then at least a Power Weapon and slugga. You'll still wound on fours against those marines, and it'd be nice for some of them to not get saves...

You have a pretty low model count for a Kroot army. But if you get some good rolls you could really catch an opponent by surprise. Just remember, in this list don't use the hunters for a first turn charge against anything bigger then a five man Dev squad if you want them to live... You have nothing to back them up...
Old 08 Sep 2007, 18:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
I love your shaper council. I've been wondering how to best configure those guys for an eternity, and your set up is both cheap and semi-effective. The problem is that still have I3 (or 4) and are a nine man squad. If you get dangled by accident, or if you get into prolonged combat the jig is up.
Why thanx you ^_^. Actually I wondered about them for ages. Thats the best I could came up with. And yes, they are not exactly Anti GEQ. But can plow thru Elite squads. And hey I am a mercenary, I'll take my chances.^_^

Quote:
Give the master a Surefoot if you're planning to attach him to the hunters or council. I'm pretty sure that if he joins and doesn't have the item, none of the unit can use it.
I hope not. I mean it allows squad to re roll its fleet rolls. If IC joins squad it becomes part of it for moving rules for sure. As long as they both have fleet I think I am safe.

On the rest. List is modeled for 1000 point games. I like this sacle because kroot have very good chances to kill things. There is less points for opponent to get something very powerful, and it limits him. On the other hand, most of my stuff is modeled around "as cheap as it can be".

So I can't really give Headhunters anything without cutting something. I can thru the Blood of stalkers and take power weapon. Thats about it... I have to test drive this as it is. Then I'll tell here (on boards) how it went ^_^.

P.S. Thanx for comments mate They are quite contractive. I hope to see more like this ^_^

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2007, 20:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

I would actually strip the Blood of the Stalker from the Headhunters and give it to the Shaper council: They are a pure CC unit, so being able to get in there from turn 1 and really rip into the opponent makes a huge difference.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote