Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Prototype Kroot army list
Old 03 Sep 2007, 12:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide
Default Prototype Kroot army list

MMMMMMMMMMKAY! So, I have been living here at TAUonline for over a year, give or take, and the entire time, I have never played tau...

Mostly because I think tau are too reliant on range, but I do like the quick insurgance feel they have about them. Anyway, I have just about finished my Marines, and I really don't feel like finishing my AC, so I looked for a new army to work on. Something that ISNT IMPERIUM!!!

...Or Chaos...

So after some heavy searching and thinking...lots of thinking, I have officially decided on KROOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! They are by far my favorite alien race, nothing compares. So, before I go about randomly buying bits and Kroot Fried Chicken, lemme work on an army list that you guys can help me build it...
--------------------------------------------------------
So, here is my idea. With apocalypse on it's destructive way, I will need an army of anti-armor goodness, and with kroot, you got Hunting Rifles, Meltaguns/bombs, and Evicerators...PERIOD. Meaning I will need alot of melta...and the ability to get ontop of their tanks in a flash...IE Wings!
Kroot Wingy-Tank-Death-Birds: 1492pts (a total of 86 kroot)

HQ

Master Shaper 99pts
-Storm Bolter
-Powerweapon
-Blood of the Stalker
-Wings
-MotFC
-FR*

Shaper Council 423pts
-five Shapers
-each with a melta gun
-power weapon
-2 meltabombs
-wings
-BotS
-FR*

Troops

Carnivore Squad 229
-19 Kroot W/ Kroot Rifles
-One Shaper with Evicerator/BP
-BotS
-FR*

Carnivore Squad 229
-19 Kroot W/ Kroot Rifles
-BotS
-FR*

Fast Attack

Vulture Kindred 199
-9 Vulture Kroot with Kroot Rifle, Frag'nades and Wings
-BotS
-FR*

Vulture Kindred 199
-BotS
-FR*

Vulture Kindred 199
-BotS
-FR*

Heavy Support

Hunter Kindred 102
-9 Hunters and One Shaper w/ Hunting Rifles
-FR*

Signature Evolutionary Adaptation: Fast Reflexes*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
LoTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2007, 18:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Prototype Kroot army list

Ok, so this should probably be in Minor races since they aren't even associated with tau. Would a mod please move this to minor races? :funny:
Quote:
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
Old 03 Sep 2007, 21:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

Oh my god, you KFC-metalhead. I don't know whether to hug you for doing kroot, or slap you for screwing them up so bad.

1.) A Master Shaper is a requirement in a Kroot Merc list
2.) Hunter kindreds are 0-1
3.) If you have an eviscerator, you don't need melta bombs (since the eviscerator gives you 4 times the number of attacks, with the same effect)

Give yourself a winged master shaper with an eviscerator, blood of the stalker, and mark of the favored child for 123 points. Drop all those melta bombs (except for the shaper council), and give all units but the hunter kindred blood of the stalker. If you have the points, try to give your shaper kindred power weapons and frag grenades so that they can unleash an insane 20 Power weapon attacks.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2007, 21:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

O_O

er, at this point, a slap and a hug would be fine... :P

Ya ya, I read the codex at 2am, and I made the list in a rush early this morning. So ya, Lemme fix all the probs...

Oh, do you have any pics of your kroot, since I suppose you play Kroot too.Never mind, I saw your GoW Kroot...godly man, truely godly!

Oh, and the power weapons for the Shapers, do you mean just the Shapers leading the normal squads? or the council?
Quote:
Old 03 Sep 2007, 22:31   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

interesting....

I still have to think about what second army I want to put together....
Mackenewbli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2007, 22:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Spice
interesting....

I still have to think about what second army I want to put together....
Ya, this 'un you should decide for yourself. look through the fluff, and the 40k site! there is more to choose from than just basic armies. all sorts of minor forces with downloadable codexes like Deathwatch, Kroot, or IG Armored Companies.
Quote:
Old 04 Sep 2007, 01:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to ArchonDargor

Let's not forget the small note at the top of the wargear for Kroot which says that you can either have 2 single-handed weapons or 1 single-handed weapon and 1 two-handed weapon. This means that you can't have an eviscerator and a kroot rifle since the kroot rifle under its special rules entry is detailed as a two-handed weapon. Thus, if you're going to give your shapers range and an eviscerator you will need to purchase them a pistol. Personally, I tend to give all of my shapers eviscerators (unless I give my shaper council meltaguns and power weapons) because kroot tend to have low tank-hunting capability. This way every squad I have could potentially damage a tank and it forces my opponent to spread out their fire if they want to eliminate my tank-hunting capabilities. I tend to purchase an eviscerator and a bolt pistol since I've played Dark Eldar and know how ineffective a splinter pistol could be. Perhaps if they make it an official codex they can add the "pistol whip" rule or something where the blade on the splinter pistol and not just the splinter rifle and kroot rifle gives an extra attack.

ArchonDargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2007, 08:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

Sorry if I came off gruff, was having a rough time with some stuff.

Yes, I was talking about the shaper council when I mentioned power weapons. Normal troop units also do well with them, since they are usually not going to be the "first to fight" troops, and it lowers their overall cost. As well, unless you are specifically going for a first turn "bolter-death" attack, drop blood of the stalker on you basic troops, as they can usually get close enough without them to do some damage.

I'm really glad that you are making this decision. Kroot Mercenaries are an expressive and rewarding army, both to build and to paint AND to play. ;D
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2007, 11:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ok, thanks guys, I will do the revisions when I get back later today...also, I cannot decide on whether I should take Chameleon or Sixth Sense. I like SS because it'll help if my kroot get hit by one of those ungodly apocalypse templates.
Quote:
Old 04 Sep 2007, 20:59   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hu Manatee
Ok, thanks guys, I will do the revisions when I get back later today...also, I cannot decide on whether I should take Chameleon or Sixth Sense. I like SS because it'll help if my kroot get hit by one of those ungodly apocalypse templates.
can't take both?
Mackenewbli is offline   Reply With Quote