Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kroot Punji Traps query...
Old 09 Jul 2007, 02:58   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Kroot Punji Traps query...

Greetings. It's hard to believe that this is my first post here despite having known of the forum for what feels like forever. I believe my DIY Marine Chapter even made it into the list posted here. Go figure...

Anyway, I've a question on Kroot Mercenary list Punji Traps. Their rule mechanics point to what can only be a passage from the the outdated Codex: Catachans. The current PDF version of said codex has Booby Trap rules on page 14. Would these be the same mechanics? i.e. the board being divided into 1' square sections to assign traps to...

Many thanks in advance!
Jeramakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2007, 05:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha
Default Re: Kroot Punji Traps query...

Indeed so, and whenever the enemy rolls doubles for difficult terrain in those squares the unit is affected by the punji traps set there.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2007, 10:43   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Very good. Thanks. Now, has anyone had positive experiences with using them? I've gotten tired of Marines for the moment and figured I'd give something radically different a spin. Punji Traps will fit the theme I'm looking for...
Old 09 Jul 2007, 15:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

They make great anti-assault tools. If you can put seven inches of forest between you and the enemy, they'll be slugging in and making two rolls just to get at you. Alternatively, if you are worried that enemy infiltrators will take positions behind your force, laying them close to your formation's rear can also stall them, and so on for things like loot counters, table quarters, and king-of-the-hill.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2007, 14:42   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Good points. Thanks for that!