Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fully Legal Arbite Codex:
Old 16 Mar 2007, 23:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default Fully Legal Arbite Codex:

All this is really, is cutting things from the WH Codex, changing names, limiting options and cutting back on some of the units specail rules to make them more fluffy.

[size=20pt]Codex Arbites[/size]

[size=14pt]HQ[/size]

0-1

Arbitor Senioris - Inquisitor Lord

Number/squad: 1

Staff: The Arbitor Senioris must be accompanied by a staff of Henchman.

SPECIAL RULES
I am the Law. Arbitor Seniorisí are great and powerful orators, capable of instilling fear and panic in the enemies of the Imperium with their powerful reciting of Imperial law. He may select 1 option from the following list of skills;

You have been Judged. The Arbitor declares the crimes against the Imperium of all those who stand against and castes his judgement, before which few can stand. - Divine Pronouncement [+30 points]

Word of the Law. The Arbitor recites lines of Imperial Law and the punishment for breaking them which with the power of his oratory can cause many to shrink in fear - Word of the Emperor [+10 points]

Iron Will. The Arbitor has an unbending determination to prevail, backed by expert knowledge and the Imperial Law itself. As such, an Arbitor Senioris can choose to pass pr fail any Morale check or Pinning Test he is called upon to make.

STAFF

Number/squad: 3-12. See Inquisitorial Henchmen.

Options:
Shock Trooper - Crusader
Cyber Mastiff - Combat Servitor
Proctor - Veteran Guardsman/Acolyte
Chastener - Chirurgeon
Praetor-cognatis - Sage

Transport:
If numbered 10 models or less they may be mounted in a Rhino at an additional cost of +50 points, if they number 12 models or less, a Chimera at +70 points.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

0-1

Cyber Mastiff Controller - Priest

Number/squad: Does not count as one of your HQ choices and may be taken in addition to your usual allocation of HQ units in a mission. Must always be attached to an Arbite Patrol Unit.

Weapons: Close Combat Weapon or Laspistol.

Options: May be given up to 15 points from the Armoury.

SPECIAL RULES
Take them Down. As a controller of the Cyber unitís the Arbites can bring to bear, he has spent years training units such as the Cyber Mastiffs to bring an opponent down during a pursuit. With expert knowledge in takedowns any unit which includes him may re-roll any failed to hit rolls on the turn they charge.

The Chase. Due to years spent with Cyber Mastiffs, the controller often also gets caught up with the mentality of the chase. A unit including one must always charge in the assault phase if there are enemy units within reach. In addition the unit always counts as moving.

[size=14pt]ELITES[/size]

Cyber Mastiff Pack - Arco - flagellants

Faster, tougher more agile and more aggressive than the Cyber Mastiffs used for personal defence by high ranking Arbite officials as Mastiff Packs are required to work more independently in hunting and chasing down an adversary.

Number/squad: 3-6.

SPECIAL RULES
Fearless.

Invulnerable. Incapable of feeling pain and extremely quick, Cyber Mastiffs are a difficult target to destroy. Their saving throw is invulnerable.

Mindless. Although able to act alone to some degree, Cyber Mastiffs can by no means replace a dedicated Arbiter. No models may join a unit of Cyber Mastiffs and they can not take table quarters or objectives.

Chase Trigger. Cyber Mastiffs have Chase Triggers, when activated by a Cyber Mastiff controller they become even faster and more aggressive. [See Implant Injectors]

Note: May only be chosen if a Cyber Mastiff Controller is part of the force.

Aedile Senioris - Inquisitor

Number/squad: 1

Options: May be given equipment from the Armoury.

Staff: The Arbitor Senioris may be accompanied by a staff of 0-6 Henchman (see the Arbitor Seniorisí entry).

SPECIAL RULES
I am the Law.

Independent Character.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Precinct Sniper - Vindicare Assassin.

WARGEAR
High Powered Sniper Rifle - Exitus Rifle
Precinct Snipers are afforded the most powerful and advanced Sniper Rifles available, as any insurrection can often be solved by a single shot from these expert marksmen. They also have access to a limited supply of special sniper rounds: Shield Breaker, Turbo-Penetrator and Hellfire rounds.

Targeting goggles - Spy Mask

Camo Cloak - Stealth Suit

SPECIAL RULES
Marksman.

[size=14pt]TROOPS[/size]

Arbite Patrol Team - Inquisitorial Storm Troopers.

Weapons: Shotguns, Frag Grenades.

Character: One Team member may be upgraded to a Proctor [Veteran] at +10 points and may be given equipment from the armoury.

[All other options remain the same]

A new unit added to make the army more competative;

Arbite Combat Team - Battle Sisters Squad

Number/squad: 10-20

Weapons: Bolters, Supression Shields [Power Armour - 3+ Save].

Options: Up to two Team members may be armed with one of the following special weapons: Flamer at +6 points, Meltagun at +10 points.

If only one special weapon is taken, then one Team member may take a Heavy Flamer at +12 points.

The Team can be equipped with Frag Grenades for +1 point per member and/or Krak Grenades at +2 points per member.

Character: 1 Team member may be upgraded to a Support Proctor [Veteran Superior] at +14 points. The Proctor gives the unit Executioner Rounds and the Shield Wall Special Rules and has access to the armoury.

Transport:If the Team numbers 10 models or less, it may be mounted in a Rhino at the additional cost of +50 points.

SPECIAL RULES
Executioner Rounds. Roll equal to or under the current number of models in the squad. If passed works as Divine Guidance. Can only be used once per battle.

Shield Wall.
Roll equal to or over the current number of models in the squad. If passed works as Spirit of the Martyr. Can only be used once per battle.

Note: May only use one ability once per battle. Not both.

Combat Teams are the main fighting arm of the Arbites, brought in when opposition is too heavy to deal with by regular Patrol Teams. Sporting both Supression Shields and Bolters, affording them greater protection and fire-power over regular Patrol Teams. They are the main fighting force for Arbitor Patrol Fleets or when a world comes across more heavily armed resistance. Highly trained, Combat Teams are capable of forming nigh on impenatrable shield walls when coming under heavy fire-power.

[size=14pt]HEAVY SUPPORT[/size]

Arbite Support and Suppression Team - Retributor Squad

Number/squad: 5-10.

Options: Up to four of the team may be armed with Heavy Bolters [Stubbers] at + 15 points per model.

Character: 1 Team member may be upgraded to a Support Proctor [Veteran Superior] at +14 points. The Proctor gives the unit Executioner Rounds and has access to the armoury.

SPECIAL RULES
Executioner Rounds. Roll equal to or under the current number of models in the squad. If passed works as Divine Guidance. Can only be used once per battle.

Arbite Support and Suppression Teams are used to lay down a storm of suppressive fire-power that can cut swathes through enemy infantry or cause rioters to keep their heads down allowing Patrol Teams to round them up. They are armed with heavier weapons such as Bolters, Heavy Bolters and Heavy Stubbers and sometimes have access to the guided, explosive Executioner Rounds that can incapacitate even the most heavily armoured of foes by finding weaker spots in enemy armour. They also gain access to heavier, bulkier armour as they arenít required to be as mobile as Patrol or Shock Teams and often come under heavy enemy fire-power themselves.

[size=14pt]Armoury:[/size]

Bolt Pistol,
Close Combat Weapon,
Plasma Pistol,
Power Weapon,
Bolter,
Combi - Flamer,
Combi - Plasma Gun,
Combi, Meltagun,
Man catcher [Acolyte Henchmen only],
Shotgun,
Storm Bolter,
Auspex,
Bionics,
Carapace Armour,
Excruciators [only available if a Chasteners is taken, Arbitor Senioris and Aedile Senioris only],
Frag Grenades,
Krak Grenades,
Melta Bombs,
Master Crafted Weapon,
Power Armour.
Old 17 Mar 2007, 00:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Fully Legal Arbite Codex:

I didn&#39;t know that inquisitorial stormtroopers could have shotguns. :-\
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2007, 01:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yep, read the entry in the box beneath them.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 16:45   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Seriously cool.

I&#39;d personally allow 0-1 Arbite squads to have Hellguns, however; Arbites sometimes use Bolters, so these would be a sort of counter-attack force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2007, 21:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yeah, I&#39;d go for the Hellguns and allow them, as I&#39;ve no doubt Arbites use them from time to time. As it isn&#39;t official players could still take Hellguns in the list and still have a legal Codex list. Only reason I didn&#39;t include them is difficulty in converting them. Arbites with Bolters and Shotguns are easily available, Hellguns would be harder work. But anybody wanting to use the list, feel free to take to use Hellguns on your Patrol Teams.

A new unit added to make the army more competative;

Arbite Combat Team - Battle Sisters Squad

Number/squad: 10-20

Weapons: Bolters, Supression Shields [Power Armour - 3+ Save].

Options: Up to two Team members may be armed with one of the following special weapons: Flamer at +6 points, Meltagun at +10 points.

If only one special weapon is taken, then one Team member may take a Heavy Flamer at +12 points.

The Team can be equipped with Frag Grenades for +1 point per member and/or Krak Grenades at +2 points per member.

Character: 1 Team member may be upgraded to a Support Proctor [Veteran Superior] at +14 points. The Proctor gives the unit Executioner Rounds and the Shield Wall Special Rules and has access to the armoury.

Transport:If the Team numbers 10 models or less, it may be mounted in a Rhino at the additional cost of +50 points.

SPECIAL RULES

Shield Wall.
Roll equal to or over the current number of models in the squad. If passed works as Spirit of the Martyr. Can only be used once per battle.

Note: May only use one ability once per battle. Not both.

Combat Teams are the main fighting arm of the Arbites, brought in when opposition is too heavy to deal with by regular Patrol Teams. Sporting both Supression Shields and Bolters, affording them greater protection and fire-power over regular Patrol Teams. They are the main fighting force for Arbitor Patrol Fleets or when a world comes across more heavily armed resistance. Highly trained, Combat Teams are capable of forming nigh on impenatrable shield walls when coming under heavy fire-power.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 11:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

as i said earlier, that rocks...
Then, looking to today, and seeing how we&#39;ve improved.

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
messyart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2007, 18:37   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Not bad, but I&#39;ll stick to my chosen list - which is also fully legal and better fits my view of the Adeptus Arbites. You can check it out here:

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=41315.0

Your ideas work, but they just don&#39;t do it for me. Your Cyber-Mastiffs are more powerful than I envision them, and require an un-fluffy handler joined to a Patrol Team who really has nothing to do with the actual Cyber-Mastiff unit, and alters the way the Patrol Team functions - I don&#39;t want mine charging off if they are defending some heavy cover. I&#39;d rather blast away at 12" with my shotguns and then receive a charge in which they&#39;ll strike first despite their I3.

An Assassin-level sniper is also too powerful for the Arbites. He&#39;s both too good and more expensive than an Arbites force should be spending on a single model.

Your Combat and Support Teams are interesting, but 3+ saves just don&#39;t jive with my version of the Arbites. I like a 4+ save or worse all around. It just works better for my vision. Also, you&#39;ve thrown Executioner Shells into Bolters and Heavy Bolters rather than Shotguns where they belong. I understand you wanting to be able to use the SOB Acts of Faith - but the Executioner shells have always been part of the Arbites Combat Shotgun. I just figure that&#39;s how the Patrol Teams garner their BS4 - the Executioner Shells guiding their shots home. (No way to get the 18", S4 Twin-Linked effect of old - but I do what works for me!)

One major advantage in your list over mine is that you can have more than two Patrol Teams. I can have a maximum of two 10-man teams since the Witch Hunters list is the only list that allows Shotgun-armed Stormtroopers, and I can include a maximum of two Troops Choices from the Witch Hunters list in the IG-based army. There I envy you. I can&#39;t figure out any way to include more BS4 Shotgun toters without going the expensive route of using more Last Chancers (@ 21 points each) to form Teams - and then they would have 2 Attacks and be Fearless (for a while at least) unlike my other Patrol Teams, or by using the Carapace Armour doctrine to include one more unit as Veterans with Carapace Armour - but then I wouldn&#39;t be able to expand my Penal Legion the way I want to.

Another spot where you can out-do me is by including multiple Shock Teams. You can have an Inquisitor Lord and up to 3 Inqusitors, each accompanied by 3 Crusaders who can count as Arbites with Power Mauls and Suppression Shields. Slap a Power Weapon, Close Combat Weapon and a Rosarius on each Inquisitor and his equipment is identical rules-wise (if a bit expensive). I can field a maximum of one of these units in my army - bringing a single Inquisitor in as an ally in my Elites choices.

Don&#39;t let me stop you from doing things your way however. I like your list much better than the ones that use pure Space Marine armies and fail to explain why all of their Arbites suddenly have ehanced Strength and Toughness the equal of genetically altered superhumans! Your list is definately usable and competetive. I hope it brings you long hours of gaming fun!

And since I was nice enough to give you some feedback on your list, would you be willing to do the same with mine? Rip it apart if you want - but be honest. And if you see anything that I might have missed - either something that could better represent a unit or something that for some reason is not codex-legal, please let me know!