Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Which Cursed Founding Chapter do you think is the most powerful in-game?
View Poll Results: Which Chapter has the most effective special rules (from an in-game perspective)
Black Dragons (Assault Squads & Abominations have rending in cc) 8 30.77%
The Minotaurs (+1 attack; pass ALL morale and pining tests; must charge if possible; must sweeping advance if possible) 4 15.38%
Legion of the Damned (deploy via deep strike at start of game; marines and vehicles get a 6+ inv) 7 26.92%
The Lamenters (anyone wishing to charge a lamenters unit must take a Ld test or can't charge) 3 11.54%
The Flame Falcons (all units get a 5+ cover save & count as in cover for assault when in the open; only cursed nights can take a transport) 2 7.69%
The Sons of Anataeus (+1 T except for instant death) 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Feb 2007, 05:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Which Cursed Founding Chapter do you think is the most powerful in-game?

I dug up CA 2004 and now cannot decide which cursed chapter I may wish to go for, I was wondering (like my Kroot Sig. Adaptations post) which special rules you guys think are most effective for in-game purposes.

I think that the Flame Falcons are cool, but their rules do not snag my interest enough
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2007, 11:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau
Default Re: Which Cursed Founding Chapter do you think is the most powerful in-game?

I like all of them really, In fluff terms I like the Lamenters and the Black Dragons especially, Lamenters seem so appealing to me anyway ;D

In terms of rules etc I like them all, If I were to pick one though to play i&#39;d probably pick Minotaurs, Black Dragons both have great effects but then they all have some kind of bonus but these two to me seem the best. At the end of the day overall I&#39;d pick Lamenters not for rules as such more for fluff/theme.
Old 14 Feb 2007, 14:10   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Which Cursed Founding Chapter do you think is the most powerful in-game?

I voted LOD mainly because of my luck w/ dice. I am much more likely to pass a 6+ inv save than I am a 3+ Power Armour save - so I would pick them and hope my opponent has LOTS of plasma/missile pods/anti-MEQ madness so I could actually pass a few saves for once!!!

(This comes from my experience playing Deathwing - I am MUCH more likely to pass their 5+ inv saves than their 2+ standard saves, so I love it when my opponents hit them with melta guns or power weapons, but dread massed Lasguns or Bolters!!!)

My dice hate me. &gt;
Old 16 Feb 2007, 14:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Black Dragon&#39;s without question. A rending assault squad is vicious, but it gets WORSE. How about a unit where every rending attack gives you another attack? (which of course can also rend)
I&#039;d hate to get on his bad side... &gt;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2007, 15:01   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Well, I would have said LoTD, until one of their DS&#39;ing land raiders landed on a devilfish.... bye bye land raider... Mwahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2007, 22:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

is it just me or do those minotaurs sound somewhat...khornate?

i kinda like the flame falcon&#39;s rules and the black dragons!

werent the flame falcons the chapter that got lost in the warp and became legion of the damned?
-Imperial Infantryman&#39;s Uplifting Primer

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Tauroc/Si..._berserker.gif
HailTheRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2007, 23:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Tau

No, you&#39;re thinking of the Fire Hawks, although that is just a rumour apparently....... all though it was said in an old white dwarf that they were. :

Ahh.... GW..... what fluff can&#39;t you feth up? ;D
Old 20 Feb 2007, 09:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It has become a toss up between my two favourites, the Legion of the Damned (as their rules are good and fluff ok) and the Flame Falcons (as their rules are ok and fluff good)
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 06 Mar 2007, 23:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

are these "official" rules per say?
dragoniccam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2007, 10:08   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

chapter approved