Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Arbites Heavy Support
Closed Thread
Old 02 Jan 2007, 08:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Arbites Heavy Support

In the CJ army list for adeptus arbites, I states

"Any Space Marine, Imperial Guard or Sisters of Battle army may include choices from the Adeptus Arbites Army List and take up to one choice from the appropriate section of the Force Organization chart. Alternatively, you can field an entire Adeptus Arbites army, in which case treat any Heavy Support choices on the Force Organization as Elites choices instead."

I do not understand what the italicised text means, can someone explain it for me please. (there will be an obvious explanation that I will have overlooked, I am sure of it). I believe it has something to do with the absence of heavy support choices but if it doesn&#39;t can someone tell me why there are no heavy choices and if there aren&#39;t any available whats the go?

also does the text before the italics mean that you can include up to one choice from each section (i.e. 0-1HQ; 0-1 ELITES; 0-1 TROOPS; 0-1 FAST ATTACK; 0-1 HEAVY SUPPORT) or does it mean that you can take only one Arbites unit in total.

My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 15 Jan 2007, 17:14   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Arbites Heavy Support

I always took the part about Heavy Support Choices being treated as Elites to mean that an Arbites army chosen with the CJ list you mentioned would have a modified Force Organization chart, where any Heavy Support choices would be replaced with Elites choices.

Since the CJ list was written for 3rd Edition 40k, that means that it some missions (Standard Missions) you would get 6 Elites choices (3 as normal, +3 due to HS choices being replaced). Other types of missions (i.e. Raid missions, etc) would have netted you more/less total Elites choices due to the numbers of Elites/Heavy Support choices allowed in those mission types.

The part about including Arbites in other armies says "may include choices", with choices being plural. That says to me you could take 0-1 HQ, 0-1 Elites, 0-1 Troops and 0-1 Fast Attack choices from the Arbites list in a Space Marine, Imperial Guard or Sisters of Battle army. You would not get any Heavy Support choice, because the Arbites list doesn&#39;t include any, and the part about HS = Elite is for a full army.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 23:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanks very much ;D
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 16 Jan 2007, 18:54   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

You&#39;re most welcome. I&#39;d be happy to help you with any further Arbites questions. I may be new to these boards, but I&#39;ve been playing 40K since 2nd Edition, and I&#39;ve got a smallish Arbites force that has evolved from a single squad of them that I ran alongside my Space Marines back in the day.

I&#39;ve studied a lot of their fluff, and their various rule incarnations over the years, so I&#39;ve got a bit of knowledge if there is anything else you may want to know.