Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Arbites, which rules to use?
Old 02 Jan 2007, 06:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Arbites, which rules to use?

Hey everybody, I was thinking about starting an Arbites army, only when I found the links for the rules in wargamers post at the top of the board (pasted to below), only when I came to look at the rules, I discovered that there are at least two list variants, one being a citadel journal exerpt and another being a homemade list (a well done job I might add). Now I can tell that the CJ list would be legal (enough) but I am not sure about the legality of the other (It does look a bit more exciting than the CJ version). So can someone knowledgeable in the ways of such things please tell me which one I should be using.

and also could someone please tell me why there are no heavies listed in the CJ list.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adeptus Arbites:
The Arbites are the enforcers of Imperial law. Raised in the Schola Progenia, the Arbites bring a brutal and unforgiving brand of justice to their garisson-worlds. When rebellion occurs, the Arbites from the first, and sometimes only line of defence in the battle to maintain Imperial rule. They will return the world to the Emperor&#39;s light, or sell their lives dearly in the attempt...
Citadel Journal List
Codex: Book of Law part 1
Codex: Book of Law part 2
Codex: Book of Law part 3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(the links seem to have disappeared, but if you go to the second of the toppermost topics it will be under there)
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2007, 11:41   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Arbites, which rules to use?

There are several ways to AA in a way that you can take to tourney and compitiion:
  • Codex Witch Hunters
  • Codex Imperial Guard
  • Codex Space Marine

The CJ list is many years old and superceded by the Witch Hunters codes. It is the one that I have used to create my AA list. I plan on releasing a Logistica on how to accomplish this later this month. C:IG and C:SM can be used with enough imagination
SparkeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2007, 23:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I can understand WH and guard but how do you manage marines?
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Old 09 Jan 2007, 00:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Scouts.

I have a list up using Marines in the Marine Army List Board.

I have lists up using the WH Codex in the WH board.

But I usually use the CJ list.
Old 09 Jan 2007, 06:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Although I do feel that the Arbites rules in the CJ are a good representation, I do not like it because of the lack of variety (5 units-come on)

Old 12 Jan 2007, 10:49   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

A friend of mine is using Witchhunters to make an Arbite list... and I&#39;ve had plans to make my own Codex: Arbites for a while now...

Basically, just find whatever version you like the most, and use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2007, 10:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I thought that using crusaders would be good but as they are a 0-3 henchmen choice for a WH Inq. it doesn&#39;t really work to represent a proper sized squad

Old 05 Feb 2007, 19:39   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Anberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arguleon-veq
Scouts.

I have a list up using Marines in the Marine Army List Board.

I have lists up using the WH Codex in the WH board.

But I usually use the CJ list.
I would use the scout models but not the rules. If they&#39;re not front line troops there not too likely to be armoured heavily. So gaurd rules etc. take some doctrines.