Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kroot Shaman Clearification
Closed Thread
Old 21 Aug 2006, 12:40   #1 (permalink)
J
Kroot Warrior

Default Kroot Shaman Clearification

It just says page 142 I've been up and back this pdf file for these powers and now I'm guessing its some other book? Cause a minor powers table would stick out like a sore thumb. SO... what book are these minor psyker powers in?

-J
Old 21 Aug 2006, 17:52   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Kroot Shaman Clearification

Chapter approved 2004

General opinion is that there not worth using but I have always liked them.

Warning the opinions contained in this post may not represent the opinions of my better judgement or the workings of my rational mind.

But there probably okay.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 00:00   #3 (permalink)
J
Kroot Warrior

Default Thanks

Thank you very much Dess, I wish they would of at least put that near the end of that quotation. I know the general consensis is that Kroot Mercenaries is horrible if not the most horrible army you could field in WH40k.
After reading the PDF though there only real good chance is within heavy jungle or woodland settings or missions base that are partly woodland / jungle with a heavy fast attack emphasis. Shooting 12" and moving unhindered and without difficult terrain tests on most models works out fairly good. It reminds me of a warped version of the Raven Wing.
The only thing that kinda gets too me right now is you cant field them in a 40k in 40 Minute game right now cause of required sharper's have 3 wounds. Though I will say the most versatile unit they have is the Tracker's you can pretty much bend game rules with them at times.
With all the surefoot charms and Fleet of Feet abilities I'm starting to wonder if they play like Dark Elder just without the technological advancement and more of a primitive adaptation. That's all I can really say from my study the other night which is the first I threw into these guys I read over things and fooled with them on army builder for bout 5 hours maybe 7.
But... Yes, If you expect to win with these guys play something else I'll agree I'm doing this more as a fun in the sun thing. Loosing I'm prepared to happen ALOT but are they prepared for when I win(If I ever do...)?

-J
Old 22 Aug 2006, 07:52   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by J
Thank you very much Dess, I wish they would of at least put that near the end of that quotation. I know the general consensis is that Kroot Mercenaries is horrible if not the most horrible army you could field in WH40k.
I meantthe Psyker Powers are considered worthless not the entire list, love the list. ;D It is possible to play kroot in a non junglesetting and still be fairly competitive just not easy. They require a different way of thinking.

Warning the opinions contained in this post may not represent the opinions of my better judgement or the workings of my rational mind.

But there probably okay.
Closed Thread