Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

KROOT wargear question
Closed Thread
Old 12 May 2006, 20:49   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default KROOT wargear question

ok in the kroot FAQ it says that the shaper and master shaper can take 40/80 points of wargear, does this include totems? it doesnt really make sense considering if u were put all the wargear on a shaper it would come out to like 12 points.
Old 13 May 2006, 02:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman
Default Re: KROOT wargear question

Clean up the grammer and I may help you out.

But,
The Totems count. They are part of the wargear armoury, hence they count towards total.
Old 13 May 2006, 05:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman
Clean up the grammer and I may help you out.
Harsh man... The grammer is not that poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lube_skyhumper
ok in the kroot FAQ it says that the shaper and master shaper can take 40/80 points of wargear, does this include totems? it doesnt really make sense considering if u were put all the wargear on a shaper it would come out to like 12 points.
I am going to say yes, and I am going to because in the Daemonhunters codex there is a limit to wargear and such, 100 points per Inquisitor, Inquisitor lord or Grey knights hero. However psychic powers are stated to be excluded from this cost.

My point, if it doesn't directly state that something you can buy for your charactor will not go towards it's wargear point limit, then it usually does.

There's my two cents for you.

"Curses! Just when you've managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rouge psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look possessed? Well, do I? DO I???" -Personal log of Lord Varlak, 995.m41
Old 13 May 2006, 07:45   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I believe totems count towards wargear.

The real bulk of those points are for psychic powers which it says are paid for from the wargear allowance.

If only the psychic powers were included in the pdf.

Warning the opinions contained in this post may not represent the opinions of my better judgement or the workings of my rational mind.

But there probably okay.
Old 13 May 2006, 11:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dess
I believe totems count towards wargear.

The real bulk of those points are for psychic powers which it says are paid for from the wargear allowance.

If only the psychic powers were included in the pdf.
The minor pysker powers are very usless. They do not do much. Spend the extra points more wargear, as the Kroot can tak ALOT of that!
Old 13 May 2006, 23:42   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman
The minor pysker powers are very usless. They do not do much. Spend the extra points more wargear, as the Kroot can tak ALOT of that!
I keep hearing that but I would like to be given the option of deciding for my self.

Warning the opinions contained in this post may not represent the opinions of my better judgement or the workings of my rational mind.

But there probably okay.
Old 15 May 2006, 13:14   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Depending upon your interest, two branches of the Minor Psyker powers _could_ be useful for a Kroot army, 'though moreso for others. I can't print full rules here, but I do advise angling a copy somehow, somewhere.

Movement and Temporal are likely your best. Movement is the only set with a full suite of six powers, so for 60 points you _are_ guarenteed all six. One of those allows the psyker to give Fleet to any one unit within one foot, including associated characters since they become part of the unit for all but Assault Phase purposes. Most of the others in Movement are "independant character on their own" powers, save one that slows enemy down [but can't force Dangerous Terrain checks, alas]. Temporal includes the option to set up one unit _after_ Infiltrators are completely set up, and another that allows a "first turn re-roll" -- how that interacts with totems is anybody's guess at present.

Still, those are probably best choices for Minor Powers.
Old 16 May 2006, 22:33   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

where can i find the minor psychic powers? if it has a link that'd be great.
Closed Thread