Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A Short Guide To Kroot
Closed Thread
Old 05 May 2006, 23:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default A Short Guide To Kroot

Kroot Master Shaper
Hes your leader- however he dosent fight much harder than your average shaper, and is significantly more expensive- give him wargear- generally ill give him a power weapon and a storm bolter- but dont let that shy you away from taking other war gear for a different role. If he is going to be alone on the battle feild add ablative kroot hounds. If not you might want to include some...

Shaper council members
They fight almost as well as the master shaper. Lets face it..if you really want these guys at their high price cost they need a mission, such as killing the carnifex or that unit of terminators-arm them with wargear that will help them acheive their task. Consider taking wings and infiltrating at 18' so they attack on the first turn- sure its expensive but do you really want to leave very expensive models vulnerable to shooting when their armour save

is easy to negate- I thought not. It is my opinion that these guys should never be given evicerators- leave the tank hunting to the grunts plus they just dont have the numbers to strike second in assault.

Elites

Head Hunter kindred
The job these guys do (going after high toughness models) is better left to your shaper council- theyll do it better to. Leave them on the shelf

Stalker Kindred
I'll get back to this i need to go look at codex cachacans and think about it some more

Troops

Carnivores
Best and only troops choice. Give the shaper an evicerator to hunt some tanks and get some extra wounds in on hard to kill enemies. Maxing out the squad is a great way to go with these guys.

Fast Attack

Vulture Kindred
Treat them in the same way as carnivores for equipping them. The best strategy with vulture kindred is to infiltrate them behind a peice of terrain and assault on the first turn. Vulture kindred also make an excelent fast response unit because of their 12' movement. Frag grenades are also a useful upgrade for removing dug in squads of enemies.

Kroot Hound Pack
Use these guys against all of those I3 troops that would strike at the same time as your normal troops. Additionally its a good idea to take Hyperactive nymune on these guys as the kroot hounds dont have to pay for it. Once again-evicerator.

Tracker kindred
These guys are only meh. There expensive however if your dying to get in to first turn assault the calvalry assault rules are good, but not as good as Vulture Kindred with their jetpack movement, who can hide behind cover and be protected from the ifrst turn of shooting.

Heavy Support

Hunter Kindred
An excelent choice, put your hunter kindred in >6" of forest and they cant be shot at. I dont recomend equiping the shaper with any thing. If you play them right theyll never see combat, and you''ll be all the better for it. Not to mention they are incredibly cheap points wise.

Kroot Oxen Herd
As of right now they're too expensive and to easy to insta kill. If the codex gets updated to be more inline with the Tau Codex then they'll be worth it. The only time i would consider taking them is against dark eldar where all vehicles are skimmers with very low armour.

Punji Pits
Mostly harmless.

A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down, and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead. As the panda stands up to go, the manager shouts, " Where are you going? You just shot my waiter"

"Hey, man, I'm a PANDA!" the panda shouts back. "Look it up!"

The manager opens his dictionary and reads:

Panda: A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats, shoots and leaves.

Learn punctuation it changes the meaning of your sentinces. If you don't I'll destroy you.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Old 06 May 2006, 15:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: A Short Guide To Kroot

dont forget to mention tips and tricks for using them in other lists. Hound unit+hyperactive nymume+blood of the stalker+Surefoot= Very good chance of 1st turn charge
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 06 May 2006, 15:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Dont worry fish ead. I jsut wanted to get all of the basic troop types out of the way first.
A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down, and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead. As the panda stands up to go, the manager shouts, " Where are you going? You just shot my waiter"

Panda: A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats, shoots and leaves.

Learn punctuation it changes the meaning of your sentinces. If you don't I'll destroy you.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Old 22 May 2006, 22:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_FireWarrior

Hey recoils are you planing on finishing the guide? its been a while

wins:21 Draws:9 Losses:8
[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Old 22 May 2006, 22:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Sorry after the advanced placement exam the will to do every thing has suddenly gone out I guess Ill do a little more now.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Old 24 May 2006, 15:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ha AP exams are the devil along with the regular ones.

As a side not with the points drop on the Krootox they might become a better unit to feild.

Old 24 May 2006, 15:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Headhunter Kindred=Bargain of the Year. Best snipers point-per-point.
Old 24 May 2006, 20:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Heavy support is finished. First one to get H2G2 humor gets to have a credit in the guide...for what thats worth...which is essentially nothing.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Closed Thread