Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[kroot mercs] what kindreds are the most effective
Closed Thread
Old 26 Apr 2006, 23:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_FireWarrior
Default [kroot mercs] what kindreds are the most effective

i printed out the rules for the mercs a couple days ago and after i read the rules i'm not sure with kindreds are worth taking like i thought the headhunter kindred was cool but i'm not to sure how the acid atatck works is it a ranged atack or something or a single atack that wounds on a 4+?

wins:21 Draws:9 Losses:8
[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 23:30   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: [kroot mercs] what kindreds are the most effective

It works instead of their normal assualt every member makes one attack that wounds an a 4+ excelent against higher T enemies.

Remember your building a balanced list so alittle of every thing.

I have have a personal distaste for vulture kindred. Carnivores are my top choice.

If you want me to do a larger write up i can do one this weekend for you.
A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down, and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead. As the panda stands up to go, the manager shouts, " Where are you going? You just shot my waiter"

"Hey, man, I'm a PANDA!" the panda shouts back. "Look it up!"

The manager opens his dictionary and reads:

Panda: A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats, shoots and leaves.

Learn punctuation it changes the meaning of your sentinces. If you don't I'll destroy you.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Old 28 Apr 2006, 01:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You don't have to go for a bit of everything. Some units are on the weak side.

Headhunters aren't really worth it, they are not really any better than the cheaper Carnivores. The poison attack doesn't work out to be much better than two normal attacks, so it's an overpriced ability. I'd steer clear of these.

Tracker Kindred are odd too. They are Cavalry, which gives assault perks, but use Sniper Rifles, which are stand-off weapons. Mismatched IMO, but not useless.

I'd say the best units are...

- Carnivore Kindreds. Cheap, dependable, numerous, can Infiltrate, can shoot a bit, are good assaulters. Eviscerator-wielding Shapers are brutal.

- Vulture Kindreds. As above, only a bit more pricey - but they can fly, and that is worth the cost.

- Kroot Hound packs. As for Carnivores, but harder hitting.

- Hunters. Sniper rifles are always handy.

- Shaper Councils with wings. For flying anti-tank work, using either Meltaguns, or better yet, Eviscerators. Be careful with them though, they cost a lot and there are lots of guns that can Instant Kill them.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Old 29 Apr 2006, 01:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_FireWarrior

Which is a better use of points a melta gun eciverator or power weapon and what are the most usefull kroot ups like mark of a favored child b of the stalker veneration charm...

wins:21 Draws:9 Losses:8
[/img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn (working on campaign)
They may be laughing at your red paint jobs or bat-eared grots when you deploy, but after loosing a few units to "da green horde" they'll learn to take your sonz of funguz seriously.
Old 03 May 2006, 01:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'd say the Eviscerator is the best bet. Three attacks are better than a single BS 3 shot.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Old 03 May 2006, 05:22   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

For the weapons..... it depends on who is going to be taking these. Will it be the hq or the shaper? I would say for hqs its best to avoid powerfists and just take the power weapon. You want to keep that good iniative. With a shaper its best to take the eviscerator.

By kroot ups you mean totems right? I would say that the mark of the favoured child is probably best. A 4+ inv save is just great.
Old 03 May 2006, 22:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Mark of the Favoured child sucks dont take it. you dont need to spend that much on a 4 plus inv save. Kroot dont need saves they need numbers. IF your going to buy hyperactive nymune organ dont for get to take a sure foot charm.

Make sure you have an evicerator in every squad, unless your going to be playing against an army with skimmers, then swap it out for the melta.
A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down, and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead. As the panda stands up to go, the manager shouts, " Where are you going? You just shot my waiter"

Panda: A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats, shoots and leaves.

Learn punctuation it changes the meaning of your sentinces. If you don't I'll destroy you.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Old 04 May 2006, 09:40   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Ive alway been partial to the Tracker Kindred, not for any real gameplay reasons they just rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07mikevick07
For the weapons..... it depends on who is going to be taking these. Will it be the hq or the shaper? I would say for hqs its best to avoid powerfists and just take the power weapon. You want to keep that good iniative. With a shaper its best to take the eviscerator.
Can kroot take powerfists?
Its not mentioned in there armory.

Warning the opinions contained in this post may not represent the opinions of my better judgement or the workings of my rational mind.

But there probably okay.
Old 04 May 2006, 21:51   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

No they cannot, however, they can take evicerators which are souped up double handed power fists.

Join TFOTFUWBS
Closed Thread