Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500pt Draft Harlequin List
Closed Thread
Old 07 Apr 2006, 04:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default 1500pt Draft Harlequin List

Ive been playing chaos for a little while now, and i think i would like to try out harlequins. They offer more of a challenging and strategic way to play the game. Its more of a difference from my chaos army. Im rather new to harlequins and have only just read the codex off the gw site. I probally should have used the EO codex, as i just found out, but heres my list anyways:

HQ
Great Harlequin - shuriken pistol, powerblades, close combat weapon, phase field, D-field, tanglefoot grenades, bio-explosive ammo
126pts

Elites
Solitaire - shuriken pistol, powerblades, close combat weapon, D-field, plasma grenades, bio-explosive ammo
139pts
3x Death Jesters - 2x brightlances
161pts
3x Death Jesters - 2x brightlances
161pts

Troops
6x Harlequins - 2x power weapon
Troupe Leader - powerblades
189pts
189pts
189pts

Fast Attack
3x Harlequin Jetbike - 1x shuriken cannon, 3x shuriken pistols, 1x harlequin's kiss
161pts

Heavy Support
Venom - holo-field
65pts
Venom - holo-field
65pts
Venom - holo-field
65pts

Total: 1500pts

So what do you think? What should I add?
Old 07 Apr 2006, 04:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 1500pt Draft Harlequin List

You should change the great harlequin to a shadow-seer. His psychic powers and cheaper cost make him infinitely preferable to the great harlequin.

The solitaire could also use tooling up. Power-blades instead of a power weapon, bio explosive ammo (actually, give that to everyone who can take it), a mask upgrade and tangle-foot grenades are all needed.
Old 07 Apr 2006, 08:12   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Don't take Power Weapons, take Power Blades. These give +1 Attack in addition to two cc weapons. You can then replace the Power Weapon with a cc weapon (just to get a further attack), or better yet, a Harlequin's Kiss (to give yourself more options).

Pistol + Kiss + Powerblades = 6 Attacks for your Great Harlequin (7) on the charge, and up to 12 Attacks on the charge for your Solitaire...

Oh yes, and your Great Harlequin doesn't seem to have a D-Field... give him one! The D-Field is the single most valuable piece of wargear available to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 08 Apr 2006, 05:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yea, powerblades do seem like the better way to go.* For only 5 more points you get the same as a power weapon and +1 attack.*

I added powerblades to my great harlequin, solitaire and my troupe leaders for my harlequins.* I definately forgot to add D-field to my great harlequin.* So i added that, and i added bio-explosive ammo to both my solitaire and great harlequin.* They are now both fitted with cc weapon as well as power blades, to make use of more attacks.* Tanglefoot grenades has replaced plasma grenades on my great harlequin as i think they will probally be more useful, considering he has a D-field now!

Anything else i should change?

btw thx for the quick replies and great advice. *
Old 08 Apr 2006, 19:57   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

You seem to have four elites choices...

"98% of Teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this into your sig." -Oops, not anymore!
Old 08 Apr 2006, 19:59   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Kweh? Oh, so he does! Didn't spot that first time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 08 Apr 2006, 21:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alucard-
You seem to have four elites choices...
Oh crap. Thx for pointing that out. I got so wrapped up in adding death jesters that i totally forgot about the FOC for a minute.

I think i will add 3 jetbikes in their place. They will add more diversity to my list and make my army that much faster.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 20:03   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Joker_Of_Hearts

Not bad. not bad at all. Although I would change some things.

First note, it depends on what list your playing with. EO rules? Basic GW rules? It can change the whole game.

If I were you actually, I would drop a Death Jesture squad and pop in some mimes for assassinating independent Characters. Carnifex? Meet Mr. Harlequins Kiss. Or Predator? Meet Mr. Neuro-Disruptor.

I also think you do not need the jetbikers. First turn your solitaire can be across the table, (start 12 inches ahead, move 12 inches with jumppack, and then charge 12 inches. that's if you want. ) That's a total of 36 inches on first turn. The solitaire himself can hold up an army on first turn. I think the bikes are unnecessary.

If your using EO rules then you can take the Shadowseer (I always take over the Great Harlequin) and then bust in a Spirit Walker. (Actually, I think Wraithlords/Spirit Walkers can be used from the Citadel journal #44 If I am not mistaken.) Give the Walker a D-Cannon, (Strength 10, AP 2, Heavy 1) and you get a killer machine. Plus the two dreadnaught fists and flamethrowers.

Another thing which is neglected around here are the neuro disruptors. Auto d6 (if hit) on the glancing hit table. Which can destroy a vehicle. At least hinder it and make it useless for one turn. And for the bio explosive ammo? I never use it. I am to busy using Fleet of foot on my men to get them across the board.

With extra points, try popping a Death Jesture a Fire Pike. Well worth it to run a squad in Annihilate a tank or Land Raider.

Last note, (probably not) If your taking a Great Harlequin, at least take a masque. very usefull IMO. Just a thought. Although I never really use Great Harlequins so actually I wouldn't really know about the masques.

-Joker

Old 17 Apr 2006, 03:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Joker_Of_Hearts I'm pretty sure he is using the GW CJ list, which is probably better because most people will be willing to play it.
Old 17 Apr 2006, 05:25   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yea i did use the gw list. Like I said in my first post, I probably should have used the EO codex but i didnt. I think I will edit this list using the EO codex now, but make another seperate list using the basic set-up of this one. Then if someone has a problem, ive got a backup. Also i was only planning on using this against friends, and i dont think they would mind if it was the EO codex. But ill do it anyway just to make sure.
Closed Thread