Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Have: marines Want: Guard/Necrons
Old 09 Apr 2009, 23:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Have: marines Want: Guard/Necrons

I thought that I wanted Marines since I had played with them before, then I learned Tau. Now I want a second army that is not marines.

what I have:
1. New in sealed box space marine strike force (1750 point force)
2. New in plastic seal 5th edition rulebook (320 page version, not the pocket edition)
3. New in sealed box Imperial Sector
4. Scratch built thunderhawk gunships (nice terrain piece, or apocalypse piece worth $10-15 on a good day)

what I want:
EITHER
basic start up Necron army, who cares what it is painted like, or assembled like, mainly after starting an army.
OR
basic start up Imperial Guard army, again, who cares what it is painted/ assembled like, mainly after starting an army.

I will gladly swap by the item, but I have already been told (and I think it is true) that they are worth more sealed then they are opened.
Actually if you want to trade bits for bits, I would gladly go for that, but you should plan on having 3000-5000 points worth of bits that you don't want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
We altered the age old art of calling shotgun to now be known as calling Plasma Rifle on my car :P
Scratch-built Tau Manta . Scratch-built Tau Orca Drop Ship. Scratch-built Tau Barricuda. Scratch-built Tau Bastion.
Scratch-built Thunderhawk Dropship. Scratch-built 1:72nd scale Space Marine Landing Craft.
Scratch-built Chaos super-heavy dreadclaw drop pod/army transport.
hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2009, 15:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Have: marines Want: Guard/Necrons

typically, thats correct. Assembling and painting is the major value breaker, unless you are *very* good at it. The pros actually sell painted stuff for much more than new, but thats an exception.

I have a huge pile of IG I'll swap you(heck, Id even toss in a coupla necrons if you want, I have two destroyers, and perhaps a couple infantry and scarabs I could spare. Lord on foot w rez orb too).

IG:
New in box heavy weapons squad(cadian)
Russ, assembled, partially painted.
A handful of catachans, all well painted by GW.
I believe I also have a pair of painted sentinels to go with the catachans. The catachans all have a jungle theme, the cadians have a red and gold over white theme. Light enough thats it's easy to paint over.
I don't know precisely how many guardsmen I have, but it's over a full case, and contains at least one command squad, and several full HW teams. I'll count em up today. Includes a couple of the TO female cadians that got made a year or two ago. Most of these are unpainted or only primed.
I've also got a nice pile of random guard bits I'd happily ship with.

I'm just after that strike force, I imagine the other items will go quickly as well. Would you happen to have pics of the thunderhawks? When talking about scratchbuilt stuff, pics mean the world.

Edit: Forgot, I have one of the oldschool hellhounds too(still standard size, not old-old), and of course, the codex as well.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2009, 23:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Have: marines Want: Guard/Necrons

sounds like a good deal, is there any chance you could cram it all onto a table and take a picture?

Update: this is the post for thunderhawks that I have built:
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...932#msg1097932

the only reason that I list the thunderhawks is that they are cool and I thought that someone might be interested in them. I have four and can make more if anyone wants one, as they are $800 cheaper then the forgeworld ones, but they are obviously not the forge world ones. These are also not the $300 ebay models, they are cheap, fun, Apocalypse/terrain piece models that will make your friends jealous that you have something they don't. If you want to make it them a super good master quality model then I suggest that you spend more then the four hours that they took me to make. The cost is to account for the materials (sheet of foam core, roll of masking tape and bottle of superglue) I used on each and the fact that it will probably need to be sent in a separate box (to keep it safer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
We altered the age old art of calling shotgun to now be known as calling Plasma Rifle on my car :P
Scratch-built Tau Manta . Scratch-built Tau Orca Drop Ship. Scratch-built Tau Barricuda. Scratch-built Tau Bastion.
Scratch-built Thunderhawk Dropship. Scratch-built 1:72nd scale Space Marine Landing Craft.
Scratch-built Chaos super-heavy dreadclaw drop pod/army transport.
hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote