Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Announcements/Disclaimer and Rules. Read before posting!
Closed Thread
Old 07 Oct 2006, 18:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to alcibiates Send a message via MSN to alcibiates
Default Announcements/Disclaimer and Rules. Read before posting!

Yeah, y'all can all thank me for this. T'was my sweat, and toil, and tears that brings this board here today.

Actually, I was just tired of people asking for the board and there being no board. It made me sad on the inside :'(

Anyways... For y'all who don't know me, I'm the mod of 'Nids and DE and stuff. I'm a pretty relaxed dude, 'til ya piss me off, then I'm a dick to ya. That's how I work. Simple enough, right? Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE RULES!
This trading board is meant for individuals to individually contact each other and nothing more. Anything that results from interacting here is solely between you(the user) and other users that you interact with or trade with privately. Any material posted publically that is illegal or against the rules is subject to administration/moderation removal and penalty. By using this board, you agree that everything you do is solely between you and your contacts and that TauOnline.org is not responsible for your actions or anyone else's actions. You must be over or exactly the age of 18 to use this board(or 13 with parental consent). Also, by using this board you agree that failure to comply with the rules may result in your account being deleted and/or you being banned.
All of that will be enforced rather vigorously as this board was shut down last time because people refused to pay attention to the rules.

Just a couple of key things to pull out of that:
DO NOT POST YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION!
If any mod sees an address, phone number, anything more specific than what part of the world you live in on here, it will be removed. E-mail is okay as it's already in your profile already, but everything else will be deleted.

Don't Scam people. Don't even think about it.
Prosecuting someone for fraud isn't nearly as hard as you would think.

A "How to conduct a safe transaction" topic will follow.

The advertising rules hold strong here, as well, and will be enforced equally as strong. For those of you that don't know them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advertisement Rules
Only advertise in your signature. Starting new topics or posts solely to advertise another website, 40K or not, is against the rules. Advertising in posts is only allowed if it's germane to the post. Advertising via linking to other websites, or by advertising goods being sold on things like Ebay, Amazon etc are what this rule talks about.

When advertising in your signature, you may not use any misleading links - the link must fully describe where the user will end up. For example you cannot have a link which says "Click here for free money" which then ends up taking the person to a "Join my army" type site etc. Links must be clear.
Also, all of the rules found here will be enforced as well.

It all seems like a lot of rules, but it's really not that many. It's just an attempt to keep everything organized and not let it get out of hand(or... iron fist... thingy... yeah.)

[size=16pt]Example Posts

Not Good:[/size]
Topic: Massive Tau army on Ebay!
Body: <link to ebay auction>

[size=16pt]Good:[/size]
Topic: 1500pt Tau army for sale or trade
Body: 1500 points of tau consisting of: <what's in the army, organised well>
Looking for: Cash, Eldar models(specifically: <whatever you need&gt

Simple enough, right? Right.

Also, any important things will be posted here, so check in often (Or whenever the little 'new' button pops up next to the topic :P)

Let me say this again:
When you post you need to include 2 things:
What you have
What you want

Not hard, but you need both! I'll be a little lax for the first week while everybody learns, but if you fail to put both parts, don't be surprised if you come back and your thread has magically disappeared to the abyss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiveMined
...Huh? What the crap?
Old 29 Oct 2006, 23:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Announcements/Disclaimer and Rules. Read before posting!

Nobody can post a trade with less than 3 months of membership in the forums with at least average posting (no idea what that is. I'm thinking a post a day or so)

This is really probably gunna be a pretty lax rule, but it's just to stop people who register for the forums solely to throw up a trade. There's no way to check if they're reliable or anything and no punishment for them if they scam you.

This rule is to protect Tau Online from anybody trying to come after TO if something happens. If you do not have many/any posts, then you may contact me and I'll see what I can do. However, I would personally recommend that you be especially cautious making trades with persons who are not established members of this community. This is not an attack against new members, it's simply a fact that we have no way of checking back on anything.
Quote:
...Huh? What the crap?
Old 25 Feb 2007, 00:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Guys, I'm really tired of dealing with threads that are just "Hey! Here's an ebay auction!" They'll be deleted without question or warning. Same goes for people who don't contact me and it's one of their first posts.
Quote:
...Huh? What the crap?
Old 03 Mar 2007, 04:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

If you're uncertain on something, PM me before you post it. I'm a lot happier dealing with an inquisitive PM than a stupid post. Capiche?
Quote:
...Huh? What the crap?
Old 04 Mar 2007, 16:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Board's closed for a bit while we hammer out rules ;D
Quote:
...Huh? What the crap?
Closed Thread