Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Chapters of Legend Part 1
Closed Thread
Old 04 Oct 2008, 15:37   #21 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: The Chapters of Legend Part 1

Great job Vash . I've only read the Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Space Wolves and half the Dark Angels summaries. I'm interested to find more about the Salamanders as well as I particularly like their way of battle. Is it possible to do any more on other Chapters or is there simply not enough fluff for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
Old 04 Oct 2008, 18:57   #22 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Thats what the Salamanders: A Comprehensive History is for.

Old 04 Oct 2008, 23:27   #23 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Tech_Marine

BTW i wanted to add something.
the iron hands dont have chapter masters, they have a clan council.
Each clan often fights skirmishes amongst each other to remove any weaknesses,
and therefore make themselves even stronger.
Old 05 Oct 2008, 00:07   #24 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T. Marine
Yes and the Imperial Fists technically have Emperor's Champions, the article is a basic introduction, such specifics are the area of the Comprehensive History articles.

Old 05 Oct 2008, 00:09   #25 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Tech_Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T. Marine
Yes and the Imperial Fists technically have Emperor's Champions, the article is a basic introduction, such specifics are the area of the Comprehensive History articles.
oh, sorry buddy, again...
Old 05 Oct 2008, 10:23   #26 (permalink)
Shas'El

Vash, the question at the end of my last post wasn't related to learning more about the Salamanders, I know about the other threads and will hopefully read them all, eventually. The question was associated with 2nd Founding Chapters and the like, is it possible to do them is there simply not enough fluff?

Quote:
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
Old 06 Oct 2008, 04:13   #27 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken
Vash, the question at the end of my last post wasn't related to learning more about the Salamanders, I know about the other threads and will hopefully read them all, eventually. The question was associated with 2nd Founding Chapters and the like, is it possible to do them is there simply not enough fluff?
It depends, the Flesh Tearers have a decent ammount of info on them, but many of the 2nd Founding and later Chapters have little to no information on them. Except for of course the Black Templars and Crimson Fists.

Mostly I haven't done more articles cause I'm just too busy. But it also depends what Chapters your talking about, the available fluff varies greatly, is there a particular Chapter/s you were interrested in?

Old 06 Oct 2008, 18:18   #28 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, thinking about it it would be interesting to know more about the Fire Hawks, Black Dragons and Legion of the Damned. Since it's arguable that they vary the most compared to the other Chapters and to be honest, apart from the way the last two look, I have no idea what makes them so different.

Quote:
Old 06 Oct 2008, 19:11   #29 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken
Well, thinking about it it would be interesting to know more about the Fire Hawks, Black Dragons and Legion of the Damned. Since it's arguable that they vary the most compared to the other Chapters and to be honest, apart from the way the last two look, I have no idea what makes them so different.
They aren't all that different. The Fire Hawks are the Legion of the Damned if I recall correctly and the Flame Falcons were declared excomunicate traitoris because of a mutation where they burst into flames. Or it might be the other way around, can never remember with those two blasted chapters! Anyway the Black Dragons have a mutation where certain marines grow bony blades on their foreheads and arms and these are sheathed in adamantium and used as weapons, and the mutated marines are formed into Death Company esque groups, given Jump Packs and thrown at the enemy screaming. But otherwise there really is nadda different about them, the Cursed Founding Chapters don't even have that much background. Most of them are your standard run of the mill Codex Chapters with either horrible luck, or some funky mutation that either got them killed or they're barely tollerated. But other than that...

Oh except for the Legion of the Damned, those guys don't technically exist in Imperial Records, they appear as phantoms to aid beleaguered Space Marines, materialising out of nowhere to blast apart the foe, rescue their brethren and then vanish. If I remember right they are the last survivors of the Fire Hawks chapter that was traveling to either Armageddon or Cadia (forget which campaign) and the entire Chapter was cought in a warp storm. One ship survived the storms but the battle brothers were afflicted with a plague that is doomed to kill them all eventually. So they strike from the warp to aid their brothers and kill the foe until the last of them finally dies out.

Old 08 Oct 2008, 10:28   #30 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, to be honest, that's a shame. With so much freedom [depending on how you look at it] and many possibilities it's slightly annoying that Games Workshop haven't worked on more fluff for these Chapters. Anyway, time to read about some more Chapters .

Quote:
Closed Thread