Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Chapters of Legend Part 1
Closed Thread
Old 13 Jun 2007, 15:01   #11 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: The Chapters of Legend Part 1

Very impressive.

+1 Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 13 Jun 2007, 16:01   #12 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I'm glad it's useful and thanks Fish Ead, I did finish this at like 3 AM last night :. Shows I need to go through it and find the other inevitable errors.

As for the Chaos Legions thats not a bad idea.

Old 13 Jun 2007, 17:13   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Pretty cool. I didn't know much about some of the Legions.

Really would be awesome for all the founding Legions to have their own rules and characters. The Iron Hands sound really awesome to me.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 17:24   #14 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yea the Iron Hands and White Scars don't get much attention, though you can still find the Iron Hands metal bits if you look on GW's site. The Salamanders are worse off, not because they never had any special rules, but because they had them and then were stripped of them. The Imperial Fists are also fairly lacking in GW's background, it would be nice if GW would focus more on some of the other first founding chapters than just the Ultramarines and Space Wolves. I'd love to see more background on the Raven Guard for instance. As some of the oldest and most legendary Chapters the first founding chapters cannot be ignored like newer chapters can, they cannot be controlled or culled as the Black Templars and Space Wolves prove on a regular basis. That gives them more independance and gives them an interesting edge where other Chapters have to submit or be destroyed (except in the case of the Soul Drinkers :).

Although reading the book Lord of the Night (which was IMO really good surprisingly) makes me want to look more in depth with the Chaos Legions, who GW is turning more and more away from the standard bad guys and giving them a harsher, darker edge than simple evil, more tragic along the lines of Shakespear almost.

Old 14 Jun 2007, 01:12   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I liked it for the most part. The only critique I would level is that you should have put them in numerical order... Thats right, Dark Angels number 1!!!!!

;D

Ok, enough of the goofing, All around it was a good and informative read.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 21:17   #16 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I for one am glad that someone made a note of the iron hands. are there any rules to use those charechters you have there? ;D

First thing first, but not necessarily in that order! - Doctor Who

Fight well and Die well. What more can a guardsmen hope for?

Duality is key, good and evil, dark and light, only when both come toghether can man truly prosper.- Lord Bale

No matter what you do to me I am safe in the knowledge that nobody cares about me anyway!
Old 17 Jun 2007, 21:24   #17 (permalink)
Shas'O

No sadly, they are from the few stories on the Iron Hands the black library has produced. You can check the Space Marines of the Black Library thread in the Librarium to find those materials that include the Iron Hands if you wish but sadly there are no characters fo the White Scars, Salamanders or Iron Hands. The Sallies used to have a character and special rules of their own but those were dropped when the 4th Edition codex came out and Codex Armageddon became obsolete.

Old 05 Aug 2008, 16:13   #18 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Tech_Marine

In the chapters of legend, depending where you got your source from and you go with the books,
you should add that after killing ferrus, fulgrim gave his soul to chaos after realizing he killed his brother.
Old 05 Aug 2008, 17:38   #19 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Marine
In the chapters of legend, depending where you got your source from and you go with the books,
you should add that after killing ferrus, fulgrim gave his soul to chaos after realizing he killed his brother.
Well its not necessary as the fate of Ferrus is all that was prudent, what happened to Fulgrim is outside the preview of the article, at least this one.

Old 07 Aug 2008, 19:54   #20 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Tech_Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Marine
Well its not necessary as the fate of Ferrus is all that was prudent, what happened to Fulgrim is outside the preview of the article, at least this one.
I suppose thats true, but they did have a strong bond together as brothers, i just figured it was good to note that fact, but alright i do see the point ^-^