Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hello, I'm new
Old 10 May 2011, 14:42   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Hello, I'm new

Figured I'd start out by saying hi to everyone on here... or more specifically the ones who are reading this post.

Here's a little about me:
I have been wanting to get into 40k for about 2 years now, and have done a bunch of research and reading trying to find what army I wanted to play. I settled on the Tau - because I like the look and their backstory the most, i feel I can relate with their mantra very well, that greater good of the tau and all for one - one for all stuff.

Finally after 2years of searching I finally purchased a used army with paints and a case (thought this would be a better and more cost effective way to start). Now I have some work ahead of me in figuring out what I have and what I can do with it (and that is for another thread) I'll also have some stripping and remodeling I'm sure, yay I'm actually looking forward to the modelling aspect and that is one of the major draws to this hobby for me. Playing with the models after will be icing on the cake!!

Oh, I'm 30yrs old and happily married with one great 3yr old son, and I still play with toys
GeneralTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2011, 16:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

well welcome to the greater good, need any thing just ask we will be happy to help.

Ps good idea going for tau.

maddosammo

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2011, 19:22   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks I will be needing some help. Specifically figuring out what I have and where to go from there. Once im back home I'll post what I have and hopefully someone can help makes heads/tails out of it
GeneralTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2011, 15:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

A-men and welcome aboard brother (I'm 37 with a 3yr old daughter). Yeah you need some help just ask we have a good core of folks will to help. I kinda did the same thing too, btw, read the background and fluff and did the "I'd rather be the bad mouthed good guys fighting for the greater good than just another ego stroker, blind slave or" well I wont even go into the chaos forces. As I was saying, welcome aboard.
articulategrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2011, 19:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by articulategrunt View Post
A-men and welcome aboard brother (I'm 37 with a 3yr old daughter). Yeah you need some help just ask we have a good core of folks will to help. I kinda did the same thing too, btw, read the background and fluff and did the "I'd rather be the bad mouthed good guys fighting for the greater good than just another ego stroker, blind slave or" well I wont even go into the chaos forces. As I was saying, welcome aboard.
Arti stop scarying everyone away.

Sir winston Churchill

Old 11 May 2011, 20:18   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddosammo View Post
Arti stop scarying everyone away.
What Maddo? being open, honest and welcoming is now scary lol.
Old 11 May 2011, 20:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
What Maddo? being open, honest and welcoming is now scary lol.
sorry i missed a couple of words but oh well, also you really need to work on your northen humour, or maybe i need to work on being a bit more easy to tell when im joking.

Sir winston Churchill

Old 11 May 2011, 21:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I was poking back or should I have said "what maddo, you said I should rename myself a SM captain I was just trying to sound appropriate" ;P
Old 11 May 2011, 21:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
I was poking back or should I have said "what maddo, you said I should rename myself a SM captain I was just trying to sound appropriate" ;P
Internet humour hard to get sometimes, and re-reading of course you were. Teach me to post thing after 4-5 hours of revision. I'm knacked.

Sir winston Churchill