Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

new 40k player here
Closed Thread
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:10   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default new 40k player here

Greetings all.

I recently heard about Warhammer 40k on the internet. I went to my local hobby store to watch a few games and now I'm hooked. I cant wait to start playing.

Ive already got a rulebook and am trying to decide on a codex. I am thinking either Eldar or Necrons.

Please feel free to post any advice or links to good info for noobs here for me.

Thanks.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: new 40k player here

Hey man, you found the right place to be...here!

Check out the forum rules, and you're set!
Old 21 Jun 2005, 02:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Greetinga Geteg! (Hey, when you spell it backwards it is still geteG!) : Between Eldar and Necrons, huh? In my personal opinion, both armies are very good.
Eldar --> Fast, Fragile, Different Craftworlds=Different Styles of Play!
Necrons --> Somewhat Fast, Tough, But lose models and the army phases out.

There is the tip of the spear for those two armies. If you have any questions about starting a Tyranid or Tau army (Hint-hint! : ) just post up or PM me! Enjoy your stay at Tau Online! ;D

~A'u'nat
Old 21 Jun 2005, 05:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to LiinSivi Send a message via Yahoo to LiinSivi

Hi, I just started playing 40k at college starting after Christmas break. I haven't played in any offical matchs, just friendly battles. I'm starting with Tau. I've heard that they are alittle harder to play with. I received a Battleforce to start with, and later added a Hammerhead, XV-88 and 3 rail rifle pathfinders. Soon I'll be getting another XV-88 as well as another squad of firewarriors. Lately I've been battling a Thousand Son army, as well as a small Tyranide and Sisters of Battle army. Any help with army lay-outs or tactics in fighting these armies would be greatly appriecated. I'm still new to some of the fighting styles of the Tau and because of it have lost far more games then I've won. Any suggestions for further expandions of my army would be great too. Thanks.

Shas'bob

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his" --George S. Patton
Old 21 Jun 2005, 05:48   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to IDontPlayTau

greteg, if you play necrons, people will hate you lol...no way around it. (<-- not really but they are extremely annoying to play against)
Old 21 Jun 2005, 07:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to LiinSivi Send a message via Yahoo to LiinSivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by geteg
Greetings all.

I recently heard about Warhammer 40k on the internet. I went to my local hobby store to watch a few games and now I'm hooked. I cant wait to start playing.

Ive already got a rulebook and am trying to decide on a codex. I am thinking either Eldar or Necrons.

Please feel free to post any advice or links to good info for noobs here for me.

Thanks.
I've played Eldar a lot. Despite being splattered by them a few times, I really like the army. Not only does it look cool, but there are many different routes you can go with it. You'll also find out just why people hate the Falco Grav Tank so much (myself included). Personally I'd recomment the Tau, but of couse I'm bias. I've never play Necrons, so I can't help you there, but both Tau and Eldar are very satifying armies. Welcome to WH 40k

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his" --George S. Patton
Old 21 Jun 2005, 21:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to phish

Welcome Shas'bob and geteg to tau online!
Old 23 Jun 2005, 08:25   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

One of my good friends plays Eldar. I think he'd try to convert me, but I remain, thankfully, immune. Actually we get along well. The battles between us are fun and I can't wait to get into a game where he and I can team up. Eldar have some wonderful CQC units and Tau... well, we just like to reach out and touch things.

Welcome to Tau Online.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 08:46   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

yo dude wlecome to TO, read the fourm rules and happy posting

Old 23 Jun 2005, 23:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to jhrovii

Closed Thread