Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hello
Closed Thread
Old 26 May 2005, 03:58   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 13
Default Hello

I have been lurking here for a week of two and decided to join up.

Have been playing 40K for 14 years now...I started out back then with my beloved Blood Angels and to date they are the only 'constant' army I play. I only started plaing other armies after 3ed. came out, in that time I have played just about everything but Orks & Witch Hunters (and a most of the various Choas flavours). I currently own the following armies:
Blood Angles -size changes all the time as I sell stuff and buy updated models, but I can field 4000pts plus easily, some models date bate to RT days..a huge expansion is planned in the next 12 months to make the army company sized
Tyranids -huge model count here, still not much more than 3000pts in the collection...its also my 2nd nid army
Thousand Sons -a token chaos army, everyone should have one...nice and small, about 2000pts and less than 60 models in the collection
Tau -2nd attempt at this army too, still under construction, I aways seem to get excited about Tau

As game play goes, I like to play offside of what is popualry considered the 'easy' or 'best' way to play an army. My BA for example, even in the good'ol days of rhino rushing I was luck y to include a single transport in my lists, while my TS army uses quite a few rhinos...Nids, well I 'try' to play a dakka nid army, but it NEVER works...still most player get agro when you have 3 biovores and 3 zoanthopes in the same army. My Tau I plan on playing as a balance of mobile and static. I like the fluid nature of a mobile force, but there are other elements that work really well stationary (broadsides) that I consider 'must haves' in my collection.
__________________
A one that isn't cold, is scarcely a one at all!
Blitzr is offline  
Old 26 May 2005, 13:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Moonkeep
Posts: 3,446
Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus
Default Re: Hello

Lo Blitzer... I'm Magnus the Red and much appreciate your Thosand Sonsy sentiments. But the Tau suck... I'm only on this site to annoy everyone else! ;D
Just kiddin, of course! But not about the Tau... ;D
Welcome to TO and happy posting!
__________________

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
RedMagnus is offline  
Old 26 May 2005, 16:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: deep in your mind.... it's dark in here.
Posts: 9,342
Send a message via AIM to elflord9d Send a message via MSN to elflord9d Send a message via Yahoo to elflord9d
Default Re: Hello

welcome to TO mate.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Competitive, sure. Sports...
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioner
Note "3.diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime."
Its a sport...
In that case, so is sex. Therefore, pornstars and prostitutes are professional athletes.
elflord9d is offline  
Old 26 May 2005, 19:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: fairfield ct
Posts: 462
Send a message via AIM to phish
Default Re: Hello

yay another blood angels player! well anyways welcome to tauonline! make sure you read the forum rules
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=224.0
phish is offline  
Old 28 May 2005, 21:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,234
Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant
Default Re: Hello

i'm sure no one cares about me saying but WElCOME!!!!!


i'm trying to be the greeter guy to all the new members
Death-Merchant is offline  
Old 29 May 2005, 09:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: deep in your mind.... it's dark in here.
Posts: 9,342
Send a message via AIM to elflord9d Send a message via MSN to elflord9d Send a message via Yahoo to elflord9d
Default Re: Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death-Merchant
i'm trying to be the greeter guy to all the new members
sorry bud but i been greeting long before you. heck i even greeted you when you 1st came! ;D
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Competitive, sure. Sports...
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioner
Note "3.diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime."
Its a sport...
In that case, so is sex. Therefore, pornstars and prostitutes are professional athletes.
elflord9d is offline  
Old 29 May 2005, 15:00   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On the Midnight Ocean
Posts: 26,404
Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Hello

Good old Pedestrian Blood Angels... truly a man's army!
__________________
Farewell, Kangaroo Joe, you shall not be forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline  
Old 29 May 2005, 16:11   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: N/A
Posts: 3,379
Default Re: Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord9d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death-Merchant
i'm trying to be the greeter guy to all the new members
sorry bud but i been greeting long before you. heck i even greeted you when you 1st came! ;D
Do you really need to argue about it? After all we all know reality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzr
I have been lurking here for a week of two and decided to join up.

Have been playing 40K for 14 years now...I started out back then with my beloved Blood Angels and to date they are the only 'constant' army I play. I only started plaing other armies after 3ed. came out, in that time I have played just about everything but Orks & Witch Hunters (and a most of the various Choas flavours). I currently own the following armies:
Blood Angles -size changes all the time as I sell stuff and buy updated models, but I can field 4000pts plus easily, some models date bate to RT days..a huge expansion is planned in the next 12 months to make the army company sized
Tyranids -huge model count here, still not much more than 3000pts in the collection...its also my 2nd nid army
Thousand Sons -a token chaos army, everyone should have one...nice and small, about 2000pts and less than 60 models in the collection
Tau -2nd attempt at this army too, still under construction, I aways seem to get excited about Tau

As game play goes, I like to play offside of what is popualry considered the 'easy' or 'best' way to play an army. My BA for example, even in the good'ol days of rhino rushing I was luck y to include a single transport in my lists, while my TS army uses quite a few rhinos...Nids, well I 'try' to play a dakka nid army, but it NEVER works...still most player get agro when you have 3 biovores and 3 zoanthopes in the same army. My Tau I plan on playing as a balance of mobile and static. I like the fluid nature of a mobile force, but there are other elements that work really well stationary (broadsides) that I consider 'must haves' in my collection.
Welcome Blitzr. 14 years is quite a long time to have been playing 40k, so i expect you can probably share some knowledge with some of the younger and newer members to 40k on this site. Also i must say i am relatively interested in your army lists as as you do not play how many presume to be the 'best' method i would expect your armies are characterful and interesting. That aside here is the usual introduction:

'Welcome to the Tau Online Forums, Abide by the Rules (Can be seen here: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=224.0), Post, Have Fun.'
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay
"Nice guys finish last"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
RJay is offline  
Old 29 May 2005, 17:03   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 34
Default Re: Hello

[glow=red,2,300]Welcome to TO[/glow] ;D
hotpataters is offline  
Old 29 May 2005, 18:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: deep in your mind.... it's dark in here.
Posts: 9,342
Send a message via AIM to elflord9d Send a message via MSN to elflord9d Send a message via Yahoo to elflord9d
Default Re: Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay
Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord9d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death-Merchant
i'm trying to be the greeter guy to all the new members
sorry bud but i been greeting long before you. heck i even greeted you when you 1st came! ;D
Do you really need to argue about it?
no, i was just kidding around.

welcome to TO again and i hope you enjoy the forums,
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Competitive, sure. Sports...
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioner
Note "3.diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime."
Its a sport...
In that case, so is sex. Therefore, pornstars and prostitutes are professional athletes.
elflord9d is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On