Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

From Rogue Trader to 5th Ed...
Old 23 Nov 2008, 12:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to Mana-Valkyrie
Default From Rogue Trader to 5th Ed...

Thought i would at least be good and say hello in here where it belongs, have been browsing through the forums for a couple of days as part of a project i am putting togethor, and decided to sign up and join in the greater good.

I am an older gamer, I started playing with an old copy of Rogue Trader i was given... then straight into Ed 2 when I managed to get to a GW for the first time. And before anyone asks no i dont have the rogue trader anymore, my parents managed to lose it in a house move along with a complete company of Dark Angels and two boxes of Necromunda scenery... And Yes I didnt talk to my parents for months after that.

I stopped playing and collecting for a few years, and have just restarted, and thrown myself into the deep end (for fun) by starting out developing a project to combine both building up a Tau army and a full set of game boards and Tau scenery/terrain for them too. Planning to build the lot up a bit at a time, starting of by designing a sept world and its background.

The Idea being to get myself back into the hobby, refresh the painting skills, learn some new skills, like sculpting and actually put into practise all the little bits and pieces of knowledge iv stored away.

Mana-Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2008, 19:09   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: From Rogue Trader to 5th Ed...

Welcome to Tau Online .

Shame about the Rogue Trader, Necromunda scenery and a complete company of Dark Angels .

Your project sounds quite challenging but fun at the same time, there's quite a number of people on this forum who create their Septs, Craftworlds, Chapters etc. in this community so I'm sure you'll receive a lot of advice .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
That may just be helped by massive boobs though, i'm female. I don't know how that shiz works...
arandomshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2008, 19:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanks Broken well i was narked, took me about 5 years to put the full company togethor, i was on limited pocket money.

Well fortunately for me i am pretty good at putting a project on the side for a bit and coming back and picking up where i left off, especially as with this one i am putting a set of notes togethor as i do things, so if i lose myself all i have to do is step back and go through them.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 04:17   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to brandonofogc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana-Valkyrie
Thanks Broken well i was narked, took me about 5 years to put the full company togethor, i was on limited pocket money.

Well fortunately for me i am pretty good at putting a project on the side for a bit and coming back and picking up where i left off, especially as with this one i am putting a set of notes togethor as i do things, so if i lose myself all i have to do is step back and go through them.
fair play. I'm not sure if I would ever recover if my Chaos army vanished!
brandonofogc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2008, 10:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well brandonofogc at the end of the day, when i look back now was probably a good thing, most of those models were my first 40k models, some repainted from the crimson fists i played first, and being honest a lot of the paint jobs were horrendous.
When i started again, it gave me a lot more chance to improve my painting, much like this time. I haven't touched a model in a couple of years, until last week, and already know i am going to have to relearn some of the stuff, and get that 'right touch' back for painting but that's part of the fun for me.