Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Greetings
Old 14 Jul 2008, 10:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Greetings

Hello everyone.
Great site. Couldn't sign up quick enough.
Ive been out of the loop for about 8 years or so.
What a great time to come back huh?? Its funny when I first got into 40k it was as 3rd ed was starting up.
Ironic I come back right as 5th is starting. lol
Anyway I have a huge collection of models Ive been recruiting over the years. And am finally digging in.
I look forward to ideas, thoughts, and feed back on my future posts.

Thanks for having such a cool site.
“Never break the rules, for They will only make them harder to get passed and the consequences will be the worse for it. Instead, bend the rules, and bend with them. This allows for no sight of the incursion to be noticed, thereby remaining un-acted upon by Them.”
ropya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2008, 18:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Greetings

Welcome, and bring on the posts ^^
What army(ies) do you collect?

"One thing about programming, is to make everything boring... You don't want a 100 tonne turbine to get exiting"
GeorgeCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2008, 19:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Welcome!

George, he(she?) plays Tyranids, Necron, Tau, and Space Marines.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2008, 05:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks for the warm welcome. Ive been reading this site for a few weeks and found it to be one of the best in terms of ideas and community feel.

@ Enderwiggin... He. Just for the record. J

@GeorgeCrane... Im still putting together the individual stories of each army.
And while I have quite a collection of models, its going to be a long, but interesting road till they are complete).
Heres what I have so far (I apologize if this reply should be posted else where, let me know and ill move each section. Thanks)

Space Marines:
A descendent chapter from the Salamanders. Recently appeared as if from nowhere.
Believed to be a lost early Salamander battle force that was blocked off from getting
closer to Terra because of warp storms that blocked the warp for thousands of years.
And settled a planet much like their original. Though the gravity is less and the
salamanders there are more like the flying Dragons of ancient Terra legends.

Still working on particulars but basic differences are: A lava world similar to the
Salamanders, except the world itself does not have the higher gravity, but has larger
open 'lakes' of lava. Inducing and allowing the normal use of landspeeders. This is offset
by their lower numbers of Terminator armor (even the best craftsman can only do so
much. Not to mention the crusted lava tends to not be as thick here).
A border line infatuation for the dragons on their home world (Inquisition crawling
all over them of course to make sure they are not worshiping said dragons).
To get Vet status a Marine must Tame the Dragon, Not kill it. And while they do love
meltas and flamers, they are much bigger on plasma weapons and assault cannons. Them
representing the spitting of fire of the dragons and the simple carnage and dragon roar
respectfully (Anyone ever heard or seen a Dillon Mini?? it roars and breathes fire).

End result is a Vanilla army themed on the Salamanders with extensive conversions:
Bases modeled to resemble lava, scaled armor pads for the marines, custom made
thunder hammers, arty armor, and bionics for all IC and sergs, standards will have small dragons curled on them,
all squads that can carry PC’s except for tank hunter and CC squads, scaled armor for all vehicles, all tanks will
have scratch built side sponsons closer to older Preds or FW’s pre heresy LR (though
moother/ smaller more streamlined), Crusader MM and all StormB will be mounted in
small turrets, Speeders will be extended and enclosed (I like the look of the FW one, but
will be WYSIWYG for tornados), different weapons arrangements on the vehicles:
Crusaders will replace the Hurricanes w/ AC’s. LRaiders will replace side LC w/ PC,
front HB w/ LC. Razors will replace HB/LC w/ AC’s/MM. Tornados will replace HB w/
PC. Destructor will have AC’s in Turret and PC sides. And of course I will be building a
Helios. VDR will be my friend (enemy??). Oh, and im going to attempt a scratch/kit bash
Stormhammer. Ive always wanted one. Or two. I dont ever want anyone to look at my army and say...
"Oh. yet another SM army." Im trying for the, as you look at one detail you notice another, and another....

Necrons:
Customs bases (wont say more just yet, waiting to see if I can pull it off), extensive (but
tasteful) use of color shift paint and blacklight ink. Wont be too many mods, as I feel the
painting and bases will set them apart. I couldn’t help but notice their Terminator Movie
look. Which is why their pair of Supers will be Aerial Hunter Killers from the movies.
The models I have are a little shorter then the FW Thunderhawk. Moded to fit the
Necron theme of course.

Tyranids:
Bases will be done up to represent a very lush forest world. Scheme consists of a purple
pearl for the chitin, a nice deep blue (when you see it, you wont believe its actually clear
blue.) w/ light blue edging for the carapace, dark blue for the flesh/muscles, black to
red blend claws, and a flor red-orange for the veins/weaps/sacs etc. Again, like the
Necrons, not too many mods planned. Other then the Flyrant of course. More dynamic
poses and color here. Supers will be a pair of Trygons and a Hiero. Kit bashed or
purchased I don’t know yet.

Tau:
Desert theme. Very mobile army. Mods: Piranhas will be redone similar to the hot rod
one Ive seen on this site. Pathfinders Dfish will be slightly different from others, using
wings/engine baffles. As will the Ethereal’s Dfish. A lot of magnets as much for the
flexibility fluff as for adjustable armies. Supers will be a hover tank, and a trio of sub
super walkers. Think heavy broadsides around the same dimensions/slightly bigger as a
SM Dread.

Prototypes for the schemes of the Necrons and Nids are done. Just waiting on a
replacement camera so I can get some pics up here to get critiques. The SM’s, Ive chosen
the colors, just trying to choose the style for a good lava look: flor orange to black fade,
standard scheme, or ‘splatter/camo’ style. Tau Im waiting on a incoming airbrush so I can
do the camo correctly.

Anyway, sorry about the long winded post.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I look forward to comments and thoughts.

“Never break the rules, for They will only make them harder to get passed and the consequences will be the worse for it. Instead, bend the rules, and bend with them. This allows for no sight of the incursion to be noticed, thereby remaining un-acted upon by Them.”
ropya is offline   Reply With Quote