Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

bukargh!
Old 08 Jun 2008, 07:59   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to franz.ferdinand
Default bukargh!

that was a chicken, i know, not very convincing but i don't have much time to practice my farm animal noises. Anyway, anyway, anyway, I got into 40k when i saw the massed ranks of my cousin's SM army, and i mean MASSED (he stopped counting at 8000 points), and he showed me the rulebook, he flicked past tau and i stopped him and made him go back to that page, i bought the rulebook the same day and read it through on the 3 hour train home, when i got home i went to the newsagents and bought my 1st WD, i looked for stockists in the area and found one about 4 blocks away, i got there and bought my first box of fire warriors, a codex, and the paints on the box. After i masacred them in true newbie style, i gave up. Now, at the release of 5th edition, i rise again! this time with my cousin coaching my painting and helping me build my army.

Which is so far: one of each vehicle, 12 fire warriors, 12 kroot, an xv8, 3 xv25s, 4 vespid, and 8 drones

Pre-emptive thanks, franz
Originally Posted by I can haz not Tak?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valar
Why are female tau supposed to fight wearing sexy panties while males have a full armor?
Yeah, no fair, we want to wear sexy panties too!
We know you do...:shifty:
I hope this conversation doesn't lead to a series of disturbing pictures of male tau
franz.ferdinand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2008, 08:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: bukargh!

Hey Franz.Ferdinand! Don't worry about painting it will come to you some day(My painting skills haven't :P )

Hope you enjoy your stay ;D
Old 08 Jun 2008, 08:20   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

welcome franz ferdinand, dont worry bout your painting too much unless you have experience i bought a job lot of random stuff off ebay and practised painting them btw nice money, hehe i would have one like it but my funds are questionable :'( hehe
exclusiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2008, 12:26   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

cheersHhenderson, and you too exclusiva, the last forum i joined only got me "p*** off lame***" at least here you get a welcome and some encouragement eh?
Quote:
Quote:
Why are female tau supposed to fight wearing sexy panties while males have a full armor?
I hope this conversation doesn't lead to a series of disturbing pictures of male tau
Old 08 Jun 2008, 16:12   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Hey! Welcome to Tau Online. To get you started:
The 10 9 Commandments of God What a newbie of Tau Online should do and the Temporary 10th Commandment:
1. Thou must read the rules
2. Thou must use of proper grammar and spelling; use the spell checker
3. Thou shall not spamming unless it's here ;D
4. Thou shall be polite; don't flame people 8)
5. Thou shall not resurrect old topics; necromancy is heresy of the highest level here in TO :-\

6. Thou shall not double post; use the 'Modify Message' button to edit your post ^-^
7. Thou shall use the Search function to find a topic first before putting up a new one :P
8. Thou must read the stickies of the various Boards first
9. Thou shall not create 'X vs Y' thread or anything of that sort; it's a spawn pool for flames
10. Thou shall offer alcohol to The All-father

You will get better at painting, no worries. Take your time, enjoy it. Improve on it. And you will find Tau Online to be as good as those big ass sites like Librarium Online or Warseer Hope to see you around :P
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2008, 17:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

one easy way of getting better at anything...
practise. and another way of painting better is to try new stuff. try dry brush, try wash, try inks. when you've tried a load of things, try a load more.

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
messyart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2008, 19:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by franz.ferdinand
cheersHhenderson, and you too exclusiva, the last forum i joined only got me "p*** off lame***" at least here you get a welcome and some encouragement eh?
Yes, well TO thankfully isn't one of them :shifty:. Wonder what forum that was...was it a 40k one? If so, must avoid that one...

Anyway, TO's one of the nicer forums out there, and we're always pleased to have new members, no matter what their experience level is (as long as they're not spamming trolls, which I'm sure you're not ). Be sure to check out the rules, and all our various boards, and I hope your stay here is a long and happy one.

And BTW, chickens rule!

My Space Marine project log
Commissar_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2008, 00:07   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I can't remember the name i'm afraid so trial and error would be the only way to find it, but to a nicer topic, i bought myself some new white spray and i'm going to do exactly what you all suggested, practice! I also ordered some new Fire Warriors in case these ones end up as lumpy paint-rocks, oh plus I joined a painting tutorial at the local store and it should be really helpful too.

Thanks for the comments, Franz
Quote:
Quote: