Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New to Tau Online, Old to 40k
Old 31 May 2008, 14:32   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default New to Tau Online, Old to 40k

Well, Somewhat recently I started to collect Tau forces to go with my other 40k armies (Since they were one of the only ones I didn't have)

I found the link to this site on someone's forum post on Warseer and decided to come on over and check this place out.

Lets be frank and say that I have way too much 40k stuff, and I am not the most consistent painter out there. While I paint relatively quickly, I also rarely finish a model or squad before a new cool paint scheme comes into my mind and then I start a squad in that scheme. I also usually am painting several different things at a time.

So far, I pretty much could build Apocalypse sized armies for almost any force, except for Orks (only have a little bit of them) and Dark Eldar (which I have some starter set figs from an older version of 40k) I have just started with Chaos Daemons as well so don't have an Apoc sized force for them yet either, but they are getting there. Lately, I have pretty much decided on some schemes for some of my armies, my Cadian, Steel Legion, Space Marines (at least the first chapter) and Tau schemes are decided, Necrons are close, and the rest are still up in the air.

I will be starting a painting log (or logs) on here once I read over the rules for them.

Cadians - Unnamed force using the Cadian models with some Forge World bits and pieces.

Steel Legion - Unnamed using Plasma Storm camo on the tank, will have some DKoK friends mixed in, they already have a Baneblade and Malcador as well.

Space Marines - Angels of Retribution, Steel colored armor with black shoulder pads, white chest eagles, Skull on the helmet, red accents on the backpacks and other pieces.

Tau - Unnamed, 'cold' color scheme on the armor, primary colors are grays and blues for the armor, with the soft armor being a light brown.

Chaos- This is a tricky one, I could go the easy route and do Iron Warriors, but that would be a bit similar to my loyalist marines, I have also tossed around ideas of Alpha legion, Word Bearers, pre heresy Thousand Sons if I thought I could pull it off, as well as just about every other legion out there.

Tyranids well, I've had tons of ideas on what color scheme, nothing has worked out to my ideas, yet.

Necrons, I'm leaning towards Bronze or Brass bodies with color shifting paint on the large flat carapace bits (which I did a squad of destroyers before)
Norsehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2008, 14:48   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: New to Tau Online, Old to 40k

HEY! Welcome to Tau Online. You find Tau Online is just as good as them big forums like Warseer, Librarium Online etc. Ah, for starters, here it is:
10 9 Commandments of God What a newbie of Tau Online should do:
1. Thou must read the rules
2. Thou must use of proper grammar and spelling; use the spell checker
3. Thou shall not spamming unless it's here ;D
4. Thou shall be polite; don't flame people 8)
5. Thou shall not resurrect old topics; necromancy is heresy of the highest level here in TO :-\
6. Thou shall not double post; use the 'Modify Message' button to edit your post ^-^
7. Thou shall use the Search function to find a topic first before putting up a new one :P
8. Thou must read the stickies of the various Boards first
9. Thou shall not create 'X vs Y' thread or anything of that sort; it's a spawn pool for flames

Will look forward to that painting log of yours Hope you stay here long long time
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2008, 15:18   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thank you for the welcome!
Norsehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2008, 16:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hi Nosehawk...your intro title is disturbingly similar to mine.

You seem to be a jack-of-all-armies, so you'll settle right in.

Nice to have you aboard!

Songblade

Real men read The Strange Gazzet! (PM me for more information)

Thanks to Jais for finding the avatar!
Commander Songblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2008, 23:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Welcome Norsehawk, it seems you really know what you are talking about. Just listen to Zen and you'll do great. Hope to see you around on... well... pretty much all the boards! ;D

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2008, 02:32   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

10th Commandment: Give the All-father beer.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote