Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My First Game with Tau in AGES . . . . . .
Old 23 Apr 2008, 22:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default My First Game with Tau in AGES . . . . . .

Been a Member for a while, but never posted before.

Its been so long since I played a game with Tau (tbh, I've never played a game under the 4th Edition 4tK rules, let alone the Tau Empire Codex) I'm really REALLY nervous.

We've been having a protracted dalliance with 4tK2e, and after much nagging from me to play with my beloved TAU - this week we are embarking on a 4th Ed game.

Myself and Fil (not a member, he doesn't do the forum thing) are playing the Tau, 1,5k each. Ste and Jon are playing (we think) Eldar, but as Jon has all the Armies anyway and Ste loves his Chaos any guess can be a good one Lol.

My Half of the Army consists of -

Shas'o [XV8 Crisis Battlesuit (Cyclic Ion Blaster) (Missile Pod) (Shield Generator), Bonding Knife, Hard-wired Multi-tracker, Hard-wired Target Lock, Stimulant Injector] + 2 Shas'Vre Bodyguards [each equipped with XV8 Crisis Battlesuit (Burst Cannon) (Missile Pod) (Shield Generator), Hard-wired Multi-tracker, Hard-wired Target Lock)

Ethereal [Symbols of Office, Hard-wired Drone Controller (2 Gun Drones)]

Fire Warrior Team
– 8 Fire Warriors [Shas'Ui (Pulse Rifle), 5 Shas’La(Pulse Rifle)]

Fire Warrior Team
– 8 Fire Warriors [Shas'Ui (EMP Grenades, Photon Grenades, Pulse Carbine, Bonding Knife, Hard-wired Drone Controller + 2 Gun Drones, Hard-wired Target Lock, Markerlight), 5 Shas’La(EMP Grenades, Photon Grenades, Pulse Carbine)]

Crisis Battlesuit Team - Shas'vre [XV8 Crisis Battlesuit (Twin-linked Fusion Blaster) (Shield Generator), Bonding Knife, Hard-wired Target Lock] + 2 Shas'ui [each equipped with XV8 Crisis Battlesuit (Twin-linked Missile Pod) (Shield Generator)]

Piranha Light Skimmer Team – Skimmer #1 [Fusion Blaster, Decoy Launchers, Disruption Pod, 2 Seeker Missiles, Sensor Spines, Targeting Array] + Skimmer #2 [Burst Cannon, Decoy Launchers, Disruption Pod, 2 Seeker Missiles, Sensor Spines, Targeting Array]

Pathfinder Team – 6 Pathfinders [Shas'Ui (Bonding Knife, EMP Grenades, Photon Grenades, Pulse Carbine + Markerlight), 2 Shas’La (EMP Grenades, Photon Grenades, Rail Rifle (Target Lock)), 3 Shas’La (EMP Grenades, Photon Grenades, Pulse Carbine + Markerlight)]

Hammerhead Gunship - [Railgun (Solid Shot) (Submunition), Smart Missile System, Decoy Launchers, Disruption Pod, Landing Gear, Sensor Spines, Targeting Array, Target Lock]

Any ideas thoughts, tweaks . . . . .

All will be gratefully received.

Aun El Vre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2008, 00:28   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: My First Game with Tau in AGES . . . . . .

Hi! Welcome to Tau Online and welcome back to the Tau'va

Things to do:
1. Read the rules
2. Use of proper grammar and spelling; use the spell checker
3. No spamming unless it's here
4. Be polite; don't flame people.
5. Don't resurrect old topics; necromancy is heresy of the highest level here in TO
6. Don't double post; use the 'Modify Message' button to edit your post
7. Use the Search function to find a topic first before putting up a new one.

Well, now you don't have to play under the 4th Edition........THE 5TH EDITION IS COMING OUT REALLY SOON ^^ :P Anyway, you might post up your army list on the Tau Board. You'll get a better response there. Hope that helps and enjoy your stay in TO
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2008, 01:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Don't worry about me and abbreviations, I don't even shorted words in text messages
Old 24 Apr 2008, 01:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Welcome Aun El Vre! We hope to see you around and hear what you have to say! Just out of curiostiy, why purple font?

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Apr 2008, 01:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Its my favourite Colour . . . . . .

If offends, Ill stop -

Old 24 Apr 2008, 01:39   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

No no. It's quite refreshing to see. Plus the Slaneeshi players will like you.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 01:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Its all a cunning plan to throw them off guard

I suppose I should say a bit more 'about me'.

I did the whole working for GW a few years ago, saw the current state of affairs with staff and stores coming so I quit.

I am old (real old, I feel it tonight too - I'm poorly at the moment ), with two Kids (One all grown up and expecting), two Dogs, and enough Cats to take over the World (we rescue them).

A wonderful and patient Mrs, who merely asks where I am going to keep things never how much they cost.

Been Gaming for years, was a Roleplayer before Wargamer - got into 40k with Rogue Trader - the Background to the 40k Universe is awesom in my humble opinion.

I have other 40k Armies (I've played them nearly all over the years), but Tau are my absolute favourite. They are the ONLY real Good Guys in 40k, which makes them extra special to me.

I am (or so I am told) a very good painter, just painfully slow (I like everything perfect). I am currently painting Gandalf the Grey - and THOUROUGHLY enjoying taking my time ;D.

Favourite Films - Hellboy, Starship Troopers, Star Wars (IV, V, VI), and anything Starring Peter Cushing.

Favourite TV - Doctor Who (old and new), British Comedy (Ideal, Gavin & Stacey), Lost, and Desperate Housewives (though I watch it for different reasons to the Mrs).

Role Playing Games - AD&D FIRST Edition, modern D&D isn't D&D anymore IMHO, Runequest, Serenity (the Firefly RPG), Shadowrun (NOT 4th Edition - its naff), I can't put Dark Heresy as I can't get a copy.

Wargames - 40k (of Course), Lord of the Rings (don't knock it till you have tried it), At-43 (Red Blok), Starship Troopers (I am Lieutenant Rasczak over at S.I.C.O.N. Command), Anima Tactics, and I've just gotten into Hell Dorado!

Computer Games - Don't REALLY have the time, plus they leave me cold to be honest. They are my Sons thing.

Thats about it really, if anyone wants a chat just Email me or PM me! I can talk for hours . . .

Old 24 Apr 2008, 02:12   #8 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Ooooo looks like we got another Wargamer :P HEY! I feel old to although Im. 18. When I was walking with my mother, we met this stranger. And she thought I was my mother's HUSBAND! My mom took it as a compliment, I took it the other way :S

Well, there's an RP Board and a Hobby Board if you want to join a RP or show off your hobby skills. Actually, there's tons of things in TO.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 02:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I've been nosing around, theres LOADS on here!

Yea, I'm going to have to buy a new Digital Camera (mine was stolen) and submit some pictures!
Old 24 Apr 2008, 18:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yay, we have another veteren who can really add some help (yay ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aun El Vre
Its my favourite Colour . . . . . .

If offends, Ill stop -

And its not offending, its pretty cool actually, and is different.

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote