Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

long time painter, new to forums
Old 21 Apr 2008, 11:02   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default long time painter, new to forums

Hello everyone

I've been painting mini's of various types for many years but this is the first forum on the subject I have joined. I've spent a few days looking at this site and I have to say I like the feel of Tau Online. Its great to see really useful feedback for both beginner and advanced. A few sites I have seen seemed a little too elitist so its great to see everyone getting encouragement here.

I am an Aussie living in Japan and I am a sound designer and composer by trade. I have collected and painted many things over the years but Tau are my main army. I have a sizable sisters of battle army as well as smaller Chaos, Marine and entire unpainted Eldar army which I swapped with a friend for about 3 dozen Termies I wasn't using.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=64208.0

Here's an example of my new scheme that I am working on. I am trying to capture the feel of samurai armor and its a very simple scheme. I am not exactly sure how well it will work on suits and vehicles.

I love converting and I love trying new ideas so hopefully I can take up some of the challenges from your monthly competitions and get some interesting results. I am always happy to pass on information or tips I have acquired from years of painting and playing (yes I am old :) and I hope I can contribute something useful to the site.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 11:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: long time painter, new to forums

Hello ^_^
Designer eh? Awesome, we have a good art thread here as well as boardgames
Enjoy your stay

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2008, 11:12   #3 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

HI! And welcome to Tau Online

Things to do:
1. Read the rules
2. Use of proper grammar and spelling; use the spell checker
3. No spamming unless it's here
4. Be polite; don't flame people.
5. Don't resurrect old topics; necromancy is heresy of the highest level here in TO
6. Don't double post; use the 'Modify Message' button to edit your post

I came here to also because of the friendly people too. Also visit the Hobby Boards since you love converting and painting and such. Hope you enjoy your stay in Tau Online.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2008, 16:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Welcome to TO, Stumphy. I hope you enjoy your stay around here.

Seeing as you love converting stuff, have you ever considered starting an Ork army of some type? An Ork army definitely offers near limitless conversion options since not only does GW not supply us with models for all of our units (Ard Boyz, Battlewagons, Looted Wagons and what-not), but it's the very nature of the Orks to konvert anything possible. Oh, and did I mention they're a blast to play?

Lovely looking paint scheme, by the way. I've always been a fan of making the Tau look much more samurai-ish instead of the whole Japanese 'mecha' thing. Nice color choice and quite a cool conversion. Good work.

I'll see you on the boards,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2008, 20:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Welcome to TO Stumphy! Hmm... I like your scheme and you do good work. Hope to see you around, hear your opinions and see more of your work as this project comes along.

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2008, 14:31   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

I love the banner at the back, and nice paint scheme you have there.

Welcome to the forums.
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote