Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Commander dj: Online
Old 26 Mar 2008, 05:37   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via ICQ to djhg Send a message via AIM to djhg Send a message via MSN to djhg Send a message via Yahoo to djhg
Default Commander dj: Online

Hello hello!

I have wandered over from the warpshadow forums (yes I am a dirty, dirty nid player)

Anyway...
My name is Matthew, though most people know me by my alias DJ nowdays. I am 27 years old.
(Deejay Mercury for those who are about to ask how to say the name)

Currently I work for a stationery company called Officemax as a 'Warehouse assistant' in the Furniture warehouse.
involves a lot of heavy lifting, but I get a massive discount on stationery and furniture (love my $1000 Computer desk that didn't cost me $1000)

I live in Auckland, New Zealand. Which is the country that Lord of the Rings was filmed. Yes, most of the country looks just like it did in the movie, just travel about 30 minutes outside of any major population center.

I started out with GW in the old days of space hulk which was around 1990 or so, from those humble beginnings I eventually moved onto 2nd edition 40k where I started out with an imperial guard army.

Probably the biggest mistake ever since it was 100% metal models then (except for the tanks) and I was still in High School with no job.
Moved into warhammer as well, and I have been playing as various armies ever since.

I've been looking at the Tau army for a while, and since I love my anime I guess it was more or less inevitable that I would end up with a crisis suit or 2 (or 10) in my collection.
Also have a small collection of pathfinders (Markerlights!)

Oh yes, I play most often at the local GW store in St. Lukes shopping center, though I also have a full size 8'x4' games table in my garage and a fairly large collection of terrain built up over the years.

So yes.
Hi my name is DJ and I am available if anyone wants to pick my brain for tips and inspiration on modeling and converting (cos you sure as hell don't want tactica advice from me)
AIM::djHg013
Yahoo::djHg013
djhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2008, 05:43   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: Commander dj: Online

Hey DJ. You're going to be a great contributor to Tau Online especially about Terrains, GW etc

Welcome to Tau Online where proper grammar and spelling is cool 8)
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2008, 09:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

A very nice little intro you've got there, DJ. A refreshing sight, for sure, after reading all of those little one-liners.

Welcome to TO and all of that jazz. Read the rules, post and have a good time.

Can we expect any cool pictures of you armies or your board? Pictures are always fun. And it's too bad you joined now and not a week earlier. You just missed the chance to enter the Vintage Model competition over on the Contest Board. There's a couple cool IG models entered, if you'd like to take a look: an old Cadian sergeant (<3 Old Cadians <3) and a nicely painted Valhallan.

Hope you have a good time here. Any questions you've got, feel free to drop me a PM.

See you around the forums,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2008, 23:48   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via ICQ to djhg Send a message via AIM to djhg Send a message via MSN to djhg Send a message via Yahoo to djhg

I can have multiple images up in short order if desired...

First things first, am I permitted to use [img] tags?
Or should I use [url] tags to direct people straight to the hosted image?

Not much in the way of painted Tau right now unfortunatly.
I've finished my commander with TL Fusion blasters and a sheild generator but I was horrorfied at just how ugly the GW snow flock is, so I need to completely re-do the base.
Since I'm using Hawk Turquoise and Scaly Green as my 2 tone colours I wanted an ice world base theme.
So it looks like I'll be using good old gravel and painting it...

I have lots of Fantasy orcs, so I can post them as pictures to give an impression on how my painting style looks when complete.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 23:53   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Welcome to the forums!

I envy you your country. My sister spent a semester in Wellington. It seemed like about the nicest place I have ever heard of to live. And New Zealand is very interesting to a geophysicist.

Small Tau armies are fun to build. Even a combat patrol force offers quite a bit of options and different sorts of modeling projects. I also use a color scheme for my Tau based on Scaly Green. It used to be easier, since Jade Green and Vile Green provided a nice highlighting progression. I still have some Vile Green left, but I will have to go to Vallejo or start mixing my own if I expand the army more in the future.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2008, 03:42   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I feel your pain on the removal of colours!

My Imperial Fist army relied on Orange ink to get the correct base pigment, and now I have to use red ink, which just isn't the same.

Cest' la vie...

NZ is a nice place to live.
I'm in the biggest city, so it's not terribly fascinating where I am (unless suburbia is your thing) but we have some killer beaches (both east and west coast within 1 hour drive of each other )

As got geophysists... You wouldn't happen to know Gneiss from GP forums would you?
Old 31 Mar 2008, 11:55   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

I was impressed by your first post, djhg, and it seems your quite the forum member already

Welcome to the forums.
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2008, 23:58   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Strange Master (FT)
it seems your quite the forum member already
Working on it anyway.

There are a few corners that are a little too small for me to squeeze into just yet, but I'll get there sooner or later.