Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New ork here.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 15:59   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default New ork here.

Hi everybody!
Started playing 2 months ago, found these forums the most helpful.

Played IG and Orks so far.

Favorite Units: Techpriest Enginseer and the Weirdboy.

Old 19 Mar 2008, 16:04   #2 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

Default Re: New ork here.

Welcome to the Forums ;D

Just check out the Forum Rules first. Also, the Ork & the Imperial Guard Boards for info on your armies.

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2008, 16:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Personally, I'd check the Ork and Ig boards for your armies, not the Tau board, but hey, the Tau board (as well as all the other army boards) have useful info on how to krump your enemies, so you can always look at them as well.
BrownKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2008, 16:32   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Welcome!

What attracted you to playing Orks? Was it the new codex release(If I had a quid everytime I've been dosed with "new army syndrome" I could, well, start a new army ) or a liking of them?

From what I have heard, the weird boyz can be quite powerful now, as well.

If you head over to the ork board, there's some very helpful people there such as SILK and Thor who can help you with anything you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2008, 16:40   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
helpful people there such as SILK
awww shucks - he thinks that I do actual work over there. :

Anways - enjoy your stay here on TO!!

And if you have anyquestions as to regarding orks never be afraid to ask - post a thread up or PM me. Im always here to help.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2008, 16:41   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks guys.

Ive played DnD for a long time and WoW since it came out. I always stayed away from warhammer due to it being such a money sink. I moved a few months ago and one of my friends here plays. He had some IG and Orks he doesnt use and lets me use them.
After reading the new ork codex's fluff i decided on playing them. None of the other codexs make me laugh.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 16:43   #7 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Welcome to Tau Online. Remember to the read the rules, no spamming, make use of proper spelling and grammar and et cetera.

Here's your welcoming party:

*21 Imperator Titans fires their Hellstorm Cannon towards the sky, welcoming XBUSTER*

I see you have a liking for horde armies. Well, there's a Tyranid Board if you need advice and learn more about the Devouring Swarm of the Tyranids.

And after I discovered Warhammer 40000 Tabletop, I quit WoW and decided to sell my account for cash to buy more models :P And yes Orks are very funny. You should get the graphic novel 'Deff Skwadron'. That's the funniest shit I seen about Orks.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2008, 17:20   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBUSTER
Ive played DnD for a long time and WoW since it came out. I always stayed away from warhammer due to it being such a money sink. I moved a few months ago and one of my friends here plays. He had some IG and Orks he doesnt use and lets me use them.
After reading the new ork codex's fluff i decided on playing them. None of the other codexs make me laugh.
The money is definitely the major issue. Sometimes it helps to consider how much time it actually takes to put together an army. In a sense, you are paying for quite a lot of entertainment if you find painting entertaining. Doesn't help much when you are just starting out, though.

It is a good time to be starting Orks, though. I think their new book is more competitive than the last, and I really like where they are going with the new models. I am considering starting a small Evil Sunz mob. Apparently I have a weakness for bikes.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2008, 18:57   #9 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

Sorry about the links :-[. But maybe I want to you to look at Tau :shifty:

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2008, 23:49   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hey, welcome!

Wow, two months and two armies... Thats dedication!

I play IG too. I run a drop troop list and the Armoured Company list. How do you run yours? And my friend has an Ork army based on the Huns, mainly bikes. Although that is just started and not much. (he is Clip_II here, don't know if he has mentioned 'Da Hunz at all)

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote