Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

hey tau online
Old 18 Mar 2008, 05:46   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default hey tau online

im a new player to 40,000k(ive only played a starter game) but i have read the rule book and I am working on starting a Tau army (i already have a hammerhead and and a commander). hopefully ill meet some new people here, and learn a lot more about warhammer.
Elitehunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 05:54   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: hey tau online

Hello and welcome to Tau Online where Tau players (and other army players) meet and discuss Tau (and other army)'s...uhm...stuff and...uhm....thingy!

Read the rules and visit the Tau board.

And to make your welcome extra special here's a 21 Hellstorm Cannon salute:

*21 Imperator Titans shoots their Hellstorm Cannon into sky, welcoming Elitehunter117 to the forums*

Ignore the dead burned bird carcasses that fell :P
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 05:55   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Welcome to the forums!

Tau aren't the easiest 40k army to pick up, since they can't fall back on armor, close-combat skills, and Leadership in the same manner as the Space Marines. But the Tau have a vast array of tricks for dealing with all manner of opponents, and learning them will ultimately make you a stronger player. They can also be one of the more visually impressive armies in the game, with vast opportunities for conversion and customization in the battlesuits you field.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 05:59   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Welcome to the forums!

Tau aren't the easiest 40k army to pick up, since they can't fall back on armor, close-combat skills, and Leadership in the same manner as the Space Marines. But the Tau have a vast array of tricks for dealing with all manner of opponents, and learning them will ultimately make you a stronger player.
yeah, but the tau appealed most to me because of their technology and i wanted a really shooty army. luckily i have a few friends at school that play warhammer and they give me advice.

[hr]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Hello and welcome to Tau Online where Tau players (and other army players) meet and discuss Tau (and other army)'s...uhm...stuff and...uhm....thingy!

Read the rules and visit the Tau board.

And to make your welcome extra special here's a 21 Hellstorm Cannon salute:

*21 Imperator Titans shoots their Hellstorm Cannon into sky, welcoming Elitehunter117 to the forums*

Ignore the dead burned bird carcasses that fell :P
can it be 21 emperor class titans instead?

the question thing that you have to answer before you post asked me if this site is based on warhammer or chess. I DON'T KNOW?!!!?!?! WHAT DO I CHOOSE?!!?1/!1/2
Old 18 Mar 2008, 06:07   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Uhm no double posting and this is the first time i seen a triple posting. Just remember next time double (or even triple) posting is frowned upon here as weel as 1337 speak. Here in TO, we advocate for proper use of spelling and grammar.

Anyway, Emperor Class Titans are subdivied into 2 categories:
1. Imperator: The general titan with hellstorm cannon etc
2. Warmonger: A Titan with long range weaponry. They're like Titan Artillery.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 06:08   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Just use "modify" and the Spell Check. They are there for your protection.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 06:10   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
Uhm no double posting and this is the first time i seen a triple posting. Just remember next time double (or even triple) posting is frowned upon here as weel as 1337 speak. Here in TO, we advocate for proper use of spelling and grammar.

Anyway, Emperor Class Titans are subdivied into 2 categories:
1. Imperator: The general titan with hellstorm cannon etc
2. Warmonger: A Titan with long range weaponry. They're like Titan Artillery.
sorry, my computer was lagging like crazy and i thought that my first post didn't submit.

thanks, i only thought there was only one kind of emperor class titan.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 07:50   #8 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

No, I made that mistake when I first started 40K. Also, visit The Enclave if you ever want to talk about non-Warhammer things.

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 11:26   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Welcome aboard. Feel free to look around, ask questions and generally integrate yourself into this sprawling mass of often-unwashed gamers.

Just remember to read the Forum Rules, as was as any Sticky threads that might be in the boards you visit. These often contain useful threads, such as links to FAQs. Quite often, if your question is a simple rule-based one, it will be covered in a FAQ.

Lastly, remember that if you have any problems, our Moderators and Staff are happy to help out. If in doubt, just bother someone with a Custom Title; they have to earn those things, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 19:30   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Welcome to TO!

This may seem like a recuring question from every intro, but, what do you want your army to be like (tanks, suits, auxiliaries)? I am genuinly interested. My philosiphy is: TANKS!!! NEED MORE TANKS!!! ;D Hence the Armoured Company (I only play that against people when I tell them and they say they can handle it, so not cheesy and say, "Yeah, 6 tanks in 1500 pts...").

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote