Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hello Everyone
Old 17 Mar 2008, 22:30   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Hello Everyone

I've been a long time fan of Warhammer 40k and of the Tau, but I figured I didn't have the money, time, or patience necessary to take part in the hobby. A while back my sister gave me the Tau Empire Battleforce as a gift, and though I've been off to an extremely slow start, I can't help but get excited about the whole process. Any advice about modeling, painting, and/or gaming would be greatly appreciated, and I will try to contribute whenever and however I can.
Vydofnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2008, 22:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: Hello Everyone

Hello and welcome to the place many of us now call home

Don't worry.. I don't have the time patience or money to fulfil my desires.. it's quite frustrating at times, I keep meaning to get new paints. brushes and models.. but have a lot going on.. too many projects at once..

Oh, feel free to ask any question in the relevant boards, read the rules, all bog standard stuff

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2008, 22:53   #3 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

No Join Nurgle, Timjim. You are dumbing down like Zen...

Anyway welcome to the forums.

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2008, 22:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

I need time..lots of time.. I need to also catch up on the last ten years worth of gaming _
Feel free to browse our forums

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2008, 23:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Dude, welcome!

Have you thought of colors yet, or names?

And don't worry about speed, that just means you like to think things through

"One thing about programming, is to make everything boring... You don't want a 100 tonne turbine to get exiting"
GeorgeCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 00:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hey, welcome to the forums! I am new aswell.

Have you though about how want your army to turn out (ie more suits, tanks, Fire Warriors, etc)? And this also should be thought out because you will save money. The only thing you can't go wrong with is FWs (Fire Warriors) as they are essential. A tip would be to proxy things, if you are into the gaming aspect, to try lists and strategies before you buy things and discover they are useless for your play-style.

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 02:11   #7 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Welcome to Tau Online, Vydofnir. Please read the rules, enter our very interesting contests, visit the hobby section for advice on painting and conversion, and visit the Enclave to vent out your spamming...uhm...thingy :P

To make your welcome more special I got together a 21 Hellstorm Cannon salute ^^
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 06:52   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeCrane
Have you thought of colors yet, or names?
I've got a few ideas lined up. I know it's a bit unoriginal, but right now I'm doing a slight variation on the basic T'au sept pattern. Once/If I get the hang of painting I'd like to do Urban, Snow, and Jungle camouflages as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Solar
Have you though about how want your army to turn out (ie more suits, tanks, Fire Warriors, etc)? And this also should be thought out because you will save money. The only thing you can't go wrong with is FWs (Fire Warriors) as they are essential. A tip would be to proxy things, if you are into the gaming aspect, to try lists and strategies before you buy things and discover they are useless for your play-style.
Acctually I've put a lot of thought into it, and as ridiculous as it sounds, I've more or less planned out my first four armies (all Tau) and made the appropriate shopping/wish lists. As far as personal taste goes, I love Fire Warriors and auxiliaries, and I would like to include them as much as possible. Once I actually start playing I'm sure I'll have to update, but for now I'm more concerned with making the army that I want, rather than the one that will win.

I don't have a lot of experience with forums, hopefully I didn't take things too far off topic.
Vydofnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 20:03   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

No, a variation on whats the "vanilla" colors seems actually to be just as original as a new one (at least in my experience because I have never seen it done). And making several army lists before buying is the best way to go and not ridiculous at all. In fact, my friend wrote up a Chaos list with everything he will ever want before he got anything. That list was like, 13000 pts. And what I meant about trying stuff out was trying to fit things into what you want army to be (as in making one that goes with your theme, as in shooty, stabby, mechanised, etc). Not the best units only.

Does that make sense to you? Just wondering, I feel like that was a little vague on my part. Baisically what I mean is what you're doing is what I meant to say. (my fault)

I got myself confused...

Anyway, this is probably what an intro board should be like. Just look at the earlier ones (no offense to anyone). Getting to know new people is the point!

-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2008, 20:29   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

As said before, welcome to TO. Read the rules ect, ect.

I find it terribly hard to decide on a colour scheme for Tau, so I'm going to finish my vomit brown T'au, and then make another colour scheme, but make it an urban/ jungle/ whatever I chose spec ops team for the T'au, so I can play with a different colour if i chose ;D
"Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all my base are belong to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Circus: Yes well Bubgum we've been gradually establishing today that you're wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Anton: I placed the broom between my legs, engaged the engine, applied the gas and away I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
I'm working on it, I'll even unclip the crotch flap so it swings
Bubgum is offline   Reply With Quote