Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New to 40k
Old 11 Mar 2008, 17:03   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default New to 40k

Hey folks!

I'm a new 40k player and new to these forums. I had a couple friends of mine who had started picking up miniatures recently, and after seeing a finished Tau Crisis Suit, I decided to take the plunge and try my hand at it. I figures worst case, it could be a good bit of fun.

I'm now getting the finishing touches done on a 500 point army for a tournament this weekend. I've played once so far in a teaching game, so I should fare pretty poorly, but I'm still really excited about it.

So far, my Tau army has a Devilfish, 20 fire warriors, 3 stealth suits, a crisis suit, and a command crisis suit.

Looking forward to playing more.
Ground Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2008, 17:06   #2 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

Default Re: New to 40k

Good to see another Tau player. Just watch out for Zen Ai (our "friendly" Neighbourhood xeno's hater) & the ninja scorpians. Don't ask many questions, or you will feel the wrath of their master, FT!!!!

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2008, 19:13   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Welcome to the forums.

There are many sites out there that offer help and such. I feel the TO has the best to offer. There are many helpful suggestions that members can offer towards your fluff, army tactics or general questions.

Best part is about TO is it is about all races in 40k. I play Tau and Space Marines too, I find it helpful to find answers to questions on just one site.

No Aun'shi, we will not be naming our new Sept the "Masters of Disaster" in honor of the Space Marines!

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
dr.who79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2008, 19:42   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Welcome to the forums Ground Zero. I hope you will have a good time here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2008, 01:07   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

*Zen trips and push the big red button and millions of melta torpedoes is launched at Ground Zero* :shifty: I REGRET NOTHING! *runs*

Welcome to Tau Online. There's no place for sane people :shifty:
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2008, 12:22   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've been quietly lurking for a couple weeks while trying to get my army put together. I'll post some pics soon of what I have for comments and feedback. Might even post my 500 point army (or, as I like to call it, the army of everything I own).

I'm also very much a fan of the models in general. While I really like the Tau, I've been tempted to pick up some Space Marines or maybe some Orks for something a little different to paint.
Ground Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2008, 17:02   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Zero
Thanks for the welcome guys. I've been quietly lurking for a couple weeks while trying to get my army put together. I'll post some pics soon of what I have for comments and feedback. Might even post my 500 point army (or, as I like to call it, the army of everything I own).

I'm also very much a fan of the models in general. While I really like the Tau, I've been tempted to pick up some Space Marines or maybe some Orks for something a little different to paint.
Can't wait to see them.

But I would say just focus on the army that you are collecting for now in terms of modelling and also painting.Don't overwhelm yourself with the work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2008, 11:41   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Welcome to the forums and I see you've too easily influenced... I can use that to my advantage
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote