Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I guess I should introduce myself...finally...
Old 02 Mar 2008, 00:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default I guess I should introduce myself...finally...

Yeah, so I didn't pop in here first. Sorry guys. My names Steve, though I go by Verjigorm on the 'net. I'm a dedicated geek, who plays alot of GURPS and I used to play Warhammer Fantasy.

My fantasy army was a Khorne beasts/mortals army, so I had no shooting. When I got into 40k, I knew I wanted a shooty army. At first I wanted to do a mechanized Guard army, but I couldn't find a codex anywhere. So I picked up Tau and Space Marines, to get an idea for the game.

The Tau appealed to me right off, what with their whole combined arms, thoroughly modern approach to combat. The shoot-n-scoot is simply awesome, and it gives me a chance to try out AirLand Battle doctrine(the US army's current doctrine). I'm having alot of fun with my tau, and I'm almost done painting all my firewarriors. I need to go in and do the next three colors of camo on the 6 or 8 of them waiting to for that step, and start on the last 6.

Anyhow, here I am.
That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained; And until the ignoble an
VerjigormDeExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2008, 02:02   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: I guess I should introduce myself...finally...

Hey, I didn't get around to posting an introduction for several months, so there's no need to apologize.

Here's hoping you enjoy your many visits, and that you don't encounter any ninja scorpions......
Ashanarubabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2008, 02:59   #3 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

Same thing with me, except I waited 10 days :. You know what to avoid so good luck.

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2008, 03:51   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Well, welcome to Tau Online. Read the rules, visit the Enclave and subscribe to the Strange Gazzet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerjigormDeExile
Yeah, so I didn't pop in here first. Sorry guys. My names Steve, though I go by Verjigorm on the 'net. I'm a dedicated geek, who plays alot of GURPS and I used to play Warhammer Fantasy.

My fantasy army was a Khorne beasts/mortals army, so I had no shooting. When I got into 40k, I knew I wanted a shooty army. At first I wanted to do a mechanized Guard army, but I couldn't find a codex anywhere. So I picked up Tau and Space Marines, to get an idea for the game.

The Tau appealed to me right off, what with their whole combined arms, thoroughly modern approach to combat. The shoot-n-scoot is simply awesome, and it gives me a chance to try out AirLand Battle doctrine(the US army's current doctrine). I'm having alot of fun with my tau, and I'm almost done painting all my firewarriors. I need to go in and do the next three colors of camo on the 6 or 8 of them waiting to for that step, and start on the last 6.

Anyhow, here I am.
Well, people go for Tau for their precision firepower and their mech look. People go for Imperial Guard for their mass firepower and the "Trooper with just a lasgun and flak armor against the horror of The Warp, ork Waaagh and other enemies of Mankind" inspiration.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2008, 08:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah, I have Chaos and Tau at the moment. Tau rule ;D.... So do chaos....

But Hopefully next month (Or maybe this month) I will be starting a guard army, because as Zen Ai said, I'm in love with their massed firepower, especially their tanks ^-^ *drools* Their heavy weapons teams look fun, too ;D

Anyway, enough about me, more about you (No, I'm not hitting on you). Tau are exactly the shooty army you want, they're fun to play with, too. Broadsides are your little angels, too. AP1, so any glancing hit goes straight to penetrating, and S10, so any wartrukk you're playing against (Orks) or any other lightly armoured vehicle, as long as you hit, will always ge a penetrating hit! ;D FunFun for the Tau!!!!!!!
"Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all my base are belong to you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Circus: Yes well Bubgum we've been gradually establishing today that you're wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Anton: I placed the broom between my legs, engaged the engine, applied the gas and away I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjim
I'm working on it, I'll even unclip the crotch flap so it swings
Bubgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2008, 16:01   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

To be specific about me: I'm a 24 year old who works for UPS. I throw boxes for a living, which gives me plenty of time to build 40k army lists at work.

I have 1 son, and a semi-adopted son, both are approximately 1-2years old. I'm a rogue thinker, who holds iconoclast positions.

I'm a fairly skilled painter, but don't ask for any pics because the camera's batteries are dead.

I'm well-read on a wide variety of subjects, but specialize in history, of the ancient variety.
That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned: That until there are no longer first-class and second class citizens of any nation; That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; That until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained; And until the ignoble an
Old 03 Mar 2008, 19:02   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Nice to meet you! Read the Strange Gazzet!

What is 'semi-adopted'?

Real men read The Strange Gazzet! (PM me for more information)

Thanks to Jais for finding the avatar!
Commander Songblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2008, 05:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Songblade
Nice to meet you! Read the Strange Gazzet!

What is 'semi-adopted'?
Semi-adopted is when you go down to see the kid be born, shell out a ridiculous amount of money to move the kid and the girl in with you, quit your job because the girl doens't liek you being out of town, move again, cut your hair, and finally lose the girl and the kid. All while you help raise an infant and become attached.

Old 04 Mar 2008, 21:38   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Welcome to the forums and fear the wrath of El'Snakeo, the Spanish Super Hero Snake!
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2008, 21:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Read the Strange Gazzet!

Real men read The Strange Gazzet! (PM me for more information)

Thanks to Jais for finding the avatar!
Commander Songblade is offline   Reply With Quote