Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Prepare for lots of questions!
Closed Thread
Old 26 Mar 2005, 21:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Prepare for lots of questions!

Hey all. As you can tell from the post count, I'm new to TO, and in fact I'm new to miniature wargaming as well. I used to do scale modeling when I was a kid, and for the last 20 years I've been wanting to get back into it. Finally have a stable career and the money to invest in the hobby, so I figured I'd start out with miniatures to get the hang of painting. Now I'm hooked on the hobby side of things, and haven't even played a game yet.

I chose Tau because the models really struck me as something I wanted to assemble and paint. I painted a few Skaven for practice, and then a random miniature that my friend had lying around. I feel more or less comfortable enough with the painting end of things now to move on to my precious Tau--if I can only decide on a color scheme! I've been spending the slow nights at work looking at every 40k site I can for inspiration and ideas.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), one side effect of looking at all these cool things that the pros have done is wanting to try them myself. So I've refused to do anything except clean and prep my Crisis Suit, for instance, because I intend to do the rare earth magnet swappable weapons thing with it--as soon as my magnets arrive, that is.

So as the title says, be prepared for lots of questions from the newbie as they come up.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 23:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: On the Outskirts of the Kindom of Daley...in other words, in a Chicago Suburb
Send a message via AIM to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via MSN to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via Yahoo to stealth_cat_xv88
Default Re: Prepare for lots of questions!

well welcome to Tau Online! I'll see you around the Tau boards...feel free to ask lots of questions, we'll answer them as best as we can (with my answer being the best, of course ) (jk)
"Strategy is finding an s-o-b whom you rank and telling him to take a place, and relieving him if he doesn't." ~General George Patton
Old 26 Mar 2005, 23:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ahem... What was that?

Well it seems to me that theres been a sudden influx of cats in some way or form here, i wonder where that started from...

Anyway Catsy: 'Welcome to the Tau Online forums, abide by the rules, have fun, get posting'

bark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 26 Mar 2005, 23:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Heh. Mine goes back about 12 years to the handle I was using on a BBS at the time--Catspaw. We all knew each other in person, and because there were two people in our group who had the same real name as me, we all called each other by nicknames based on our handles--mine was quickly whittled down to the diminuitive of "Catsy". It stuck.

And regarding the random miniature I painted, I just put up pictures of it in the Showcase forum. Apologies if that's not the right place, please let me know.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 23:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsy
Heh. Mine goes back about 12 years to the handle I was using on a BBS at the time--Catspaw. We all knew each other in person, and because there were two people in our group who had the same real name as me, we all called each other by nicknames based on our handles--mine was quickly whittled down to the diminuitive of "Catsy". It stuck.

And regarding the random miniature I painted, I just put up pictures of it in the Showcase forum. Apologies if that's not the right place, please let me know.
Interesting...

Regarding your minature, the Showcase board is the place to put images of your models so you can showcase them to any who might want to view them.
Quote:
Quote:
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
Old 26 Mar 2005, 23:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Regarding your minature, the Showcase board is the place to put images of your models so you can showcase them to any who might want to view them.
Okay, cool. Since it was a subset of the 40k forum, I wasn't certain if it was okay to post pics of non-40k stuff in it.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 23:52   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsy
Quote:
Okay, cool. Since it was a subset of the 40k forum, I wasn't certain if it was okay to post pics of non-40k stuff in it.
As long as its vaguely along the modelling line of things then theres not much of a problem, even though it is supposedly meant for 40k stuff only. Any more questions?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 26 Mar 2005, 23:55   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

No thanks, I think I'm good for now. Have to go do some actual work for a few minutes to earn my salary.
Old 27 Mar 2005, 00:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Welcome aboard Casty! Be sure to read the Forum Rules and enjoy your stay!

All your questions via Tau will be answered of course, and all your painting needs can be taken care of in the Painting board and Showcase boards. I actually have a handy website tool for colors that I'll send to you via PM, so keep an eye out for it. It gives you a Firewarrior and lets you put whatever color you want on the various bits of him to give you ideas of how it will look on the battlefield while you paint. Great tool and it helped me a lot for deciding my own scheme.

So stop by the Tau and Painting/Showcase boards and you'll get tons of help! See you there!

--Mal
Old 27 Mar 2005, 00:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Cool, can't wait to check out that site. I think that'll help a lot; for some reason I'm having trouble visualizing my ideas.
Closed Thread