Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Just came from portent!
Closed Thread
Old 15 Mar 2005, 19:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef
Default Just came from portent!

Hi, i have been posting it up for the past year in portent.net which is one of the better 40k forums out there. Well over the past few weeks, portent is no longer in service. So here I am, as a Tyranid and Tau player on Tauonline.org. Looks like a pretty cool site.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 19:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Just came from portent!

Welcome to the Tau Online Forums!
This is by far the best run Warhammer forum site on the net! Have fun sharing your wisdom, experiences and loses around the boards...and if you feel creative, feel free to come and chat about models in the Conversion/Painting/Terrain Boards for it gets very lonley down there!
Have Fun Posting!

Your Friendly Neighborhood Conversion Guy: Shas'el Au'nat
Old 15 Mar 2005, 19:57   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

So it was true what Mr Wargamer said. Welcome,, Battle Brother, smell the roasted space marine, and remember, GREEN IZ BEST!!

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 15 Mar 2005, 20:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Welcome aboard Freaky_Beef:

It's too bad Portent fell, but like all civilizations, they eventually crumble. An extra Tau member is always good as well as a Tyranid player too If you ever feel like repenting, the Inquisitorial boards are welcoming

Be sure to read the Forum Rules and happy posting

--Mal
Old 15 Mar 2005, 20:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: On the Outskirts of the Kindom of Daley...in other words, in a Chicago Suburb
Send a message via AIM to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via MSN to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via Yahoo to stealth_cat_xv88

hey. tauonline is awesome. welcome. nothing else to say...
"Strategy is finding an s-o-b whom you rank and telling him to take a place, and relieving him if he doesn't." ~General George Patton
Old 15 Mar 2005, 21:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hey, I recognise someone! Greetings Beef.

It seems I am another Portent refugee trekking through the wilderness of the internet. Mind if I set up a tent here, for a bit?

So, anyway. I suppose introductions are in order.
I'm 20, and have been playing 40k for about 3 years, though only seriously in the last 6 months.
I am an avid tau player (which explains why i decided to come to this place). As well, I am building up a 13th COmpany warband, and am planning on resurrecting my Space Wolves, and some time in the future making a veteran light infantry IG force.

Though I m new here, the last 2 forums i was at: criticalhit, and portent i ammassed over 2500 posts between them, so I am not a complete newb to the ways of posting. I was quietly respected on one, and seemed to be getting the occasional nod of apporval on the other, so, I am not one to make trouble for anyone, and I even make the odd post that makes sense!

OK, as a tau player, I am a huge fan of the mechanised tau approach, and less of a fan of the footslogging approach.

Sp, greetings to all, and I hope this place turns out to be as good as the last few places I posted on.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 15 Mar 2005, 21:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnight
Hey, I recognise someone! Greetings Beef.

It seems I am another Portent refugee trekking through the wilderness of the internet. Mind* if I set up a tent here, for a bit?

So, anyway. I suppose introductions are in order.
I'm 20, and have been playing 40k for about 3 years, though only seriously in the last 6 months.
I am an avid tau player (which explains why i decided to come to this place). As well, I am building up a 13th COmpany warband, and am planning on resurrecting my Space Wolves, and some time in the future making a veteran light infantry IG force.

Though I m new here, the last 2 forums i was at: criticalhit, and portent i ammassed over 2500 posts between them, so I am not a complete newb to the ways of posting. I was quietly respected on one, and seemed to be getting the occasional nod of apporval on the other, so, I am not one to make trouble for anyone, and I even make the odd post that makes sense!

OK, as a tau player, I am a huge fan of the mechanised tau approach, and less of a fan of the footslogging approach.

Sp, greetings to all, and I hope this place turns out to be as good as the last few places I posted on.
Welcome to Tau Online to you too Deadnight! Wow! That's quite the impressive resume! I'm sure that we will inherit wisdom from your experience! And this place is the best forum site on the web! Be sure to come to the Hobby Boards (it's lonely down there)! We are always looking for new ideas!

Your Friendly Neighborhood Conversion Guy: Shas'el Au'nat
Old 15 Mar 2005, 21:23   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

Welcome abaord, Portent Refugees. Sad to see it go but also happy to see you here.

I'm a good product of that site to an extent: They quite rightly banned me when I was 14.

Hopefully you'll find us about as relaxed as portent, but that depends on the cubic volume Last True Feegle had for bedtime drinkies on some days and how much sugar I've not had on others.

All our sections have an obviously smaller reserve of players posting there, but hopefully you'll find a pretty similar level of usefulness from our users.

Any questions you may have, feel free to PM me or any other member of staff.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 21:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Welcome to TO and all that stuff yadyadaydayda Rjay will do the full welcoming.
Old 16 Mar 2005, 03:48   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to pAnDa. Send a message via MSN to pAnDa.

Uhh I came from portent too ;D It was ok, but this is much better In my opinion. Portent was just too big, and evertime u relogged in, you would have to read for hours to catch up to what everyone is talking about ??? Anyways... welcome to the Tau Online Forums, enjoy your stay.

Want some bamboo?
Closed Thread