Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Doombringer
Old 06 Aug 2007, 17:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Doombringer Send a message via MSN to Doombringer Send a message via Yahoo to Doombringer
Default Doombringer

Hey,

Brand new to these forums, so for those of you who don't peruse ATT, my name's Chris and I'm the Aun-appointed resident "Fluff Monkey" over there.

Just a little bio, I'm 20 years old and I'm a Lance Corporal in the United States Marine Corps. I'm a part of VMU-1 (Marine Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Squadron 1) and I fly RQ-2B Pioneer and RQ-7B Shadow UAVs as an Internal and External Pilot. I'm currently stationed at MCAGCC Twentynine Palms, CA, and I have yet to decide which weather is worse; here or Iraq. I'm into digital drawing, sketching, and painting (Doombringer126 on DeviantArt) and I dabble a bit in 3D animation and computer design.

Bought my first Tau in January 2002, but due to an otherwise "hectic" '7-months away/5-months home every year' deployment schedule with the Marines, I've been somewhat hindered in my ability to get an army fully constructed, painted, and operational. Luckily, since I'm in the Remain Behind Element this year, I hope to get some more work done while stateside.

My cadre, the Ghosts of Es'tau, is lead by one Shas'el Vior'la Mont'va - Brightsword's "disciple" and head bodyguard of sorts. He leads the remnants of Brightsword's Cadre after the late Commander's assassination on Es'tau, only surviving thanks to the Tau invasion fleet returning from Sarcassa after Brightsword's flagship failed to meet at the rendesvous point before heading in-system. More to be fleshed out later, but I basically read and re-read Kill Team about a dozen times searching for loopholes, hints, and missing information to make this happen. A fan-fic to follow.

For now, I am encompassed mainly in the fluff of the 40k universe, and have made a few compilations and theories of my own which I hope to eventually unveil here. In the meantime, I'll stick to lending a hand where it's needed and read some of Calmsword's topics to get a feel for the forums. 8)

Cheers!

"The nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors, will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Anonymous

"Doombringer, you are my hero." - Lord-General Thunder

Doombringer

Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2007, 17:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Doombringer

Good to have you aboard! We do seem to have a number of military folks here, I'm in the Canadian Navy Reserves.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2007, 17:55   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2007, 01:54   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Welcome to the forums
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2007, 15:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Aunva Drklite

Welcome to the forums

My kit at the moment
Aunva Drklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2007, 16:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to DakkaDakkaDude

Welcome to the Boards, and I appreciate what you're doing for our country (yes, I'm a United States Citizen). Now get those guys painted up and let us see.

For the Greater Good...I mean, WAAAGH!
DakkaDakkaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2007, 18:38   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Welcome. And sorry for the delay.
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2007, 08:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Doombringer Send a message via MSN to Doombringer Send a message via Yahoo to Doombringer

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I'm really enjoying my time in the Tau forum.

For those of you who don't peruse the Artwork section of the forum (I guess no one, since I'm the first one to post there... :), I just put up some of my stuff.

Come and see!

"The nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors, will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Anonymous

"Doombringer, you are my hero." - Lord-General Thunder

Doombringer

Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2007, 09:18   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Farseer Cold-Beer

Yeah I just saw your stuff, and I must say, I'm impressed.

Welcome aboard! Unfortunately, my views on the Tau empire make you my enemy, but maybe I will just look the other way while you and your kind obliterate my cultures artifacts (Eldar)... STOP STUDYING OUR STUFF!!!

But again, welcome, and as a word of advice, don't flame anyone, as it is looked down upon... DAMN TAU!

Sorry.