Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

'Sup.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 19:00   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Location: That place where, stereotypically, we all drink tea and wear top hats.
Default 'Sup.

Hello all. I recently started a Tau army (will post pictures in the showcase section when my dad can get his macro lensed camera back), which is what lead me to this site. I focus more on the hobby side of things, which is shown in my complete and utter lack of knowledge regarding the rules of WH40k. :P I play video games quite a lot, (half life 2 and unreal tournament mainly), and occasionally do doodles in flash.

Um, I think that's it. How do you turn this thing off?
92% of forum users have signatures which explain how they are part of an 8% minority. If you are part of the 8% that don't, copy and paste this into your signature, and duck when the paradoxial nature of this action causes a rip in the space-time continuum.

Quote:
+++Your avatar is my worst nightmare.+++
Sven the Kaiser of Krieg, On my avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
The Orkoid understanding of Force Field technology is staggering. The Imperium is a long way behind, and the Tau are, by comparisson, jumping up and down screaming "Witch! Witch!".
Askaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2007, 19:01   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: 'Sup.

Welcome to the fourms dude.

Would love to see your army in the showcase section. And to logout click the logout button and you are outta here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2007, 19:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Location: That place where, stereotypically, we all drink tea and wear top hats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis_Vyper

Would love to see your army in the showcase section. And to logout click the logout button and you are outta here.

My army is very small at the moment, consisting of eight firewarriors, one xv8, and one and a half gun drones. (Yes, you did read that right.) Should be good once I've got them all painted though. ;D
92% of forum users have signatures which explain how they are part of an 8% minority. If you are part of the 8% that don't, copy and paste this into your signature, and duck when the paradoxial nature of this action causes a rip in the space-time continuum.

Quote:

Quote:
The Orkoid understanding of Force Field technology is staggering. The Imperium is a long way behind, and the Tau are, by comparisson, jumping up and down screaming "Witch! Witch!".
Old 29 Jul 2007, 19:35   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis_Vyper

My army is very small at the moment, consisting of eight firewarriors, one xv8, and one and a half gun drones. (Yes, you did read that right.) Should be good once I've got them all painted though. ;D
Meh not as small as I once started out. When I started I only have a single fire warrior to play with as he is the only assembled unit at the time. So I bring into my pocket when i first go to the nearest Hooby store that stocked 40k (I bought my battleforce from the same store) and desprately asked someone to play with me.

Nowe I am a proud owner of a 3000 pts point Tau army, one of the largest army in my hobbies.

So remember dude, start small and then expand and make people jealous with your large and above all else, fully painted army.

Eddited already:Crisis_vyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2007, 19:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Aunva Drklite

Why did you just quote something crisis_vyper :P

Anyways. You always have to start somewhere Askaris, dont be ashamed. I personally have a serious money problem probably because i can't be bothered to work for it :shifty: so i dont have much in the way of tau. I only ever get a large batch of models for special occasions, birthdays, christmas etc

My kit at the moment
Aunva Drklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2007, 19:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Mon'ta
Why did you just quote something crisis_vyper :P

Temporal paradoxes. You gotta love 'em.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 31 Jul 2007, 04:59   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Durza

Welcome! Have a donut, complete with brown icing, yes, it is icing. :shifty:

Seeing as how you play Half-life 2 do you know about Garrys mod?
Durza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Aug 2007, 20:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'OMG'WTF'BBQ
Welcome! Have a donut, complete with brown icing, yes, it is icing. :shifty:

Seeing as how you play Half-life 2 do you know about Garrys mod?

Yep, got gmod 10, and have been ranting on the gmod forums about the latest update. (In a polite kind of way, of course.)

*Sniffs suspiciously at proferred doughnut*

Quote:

Quote:
Old 04 Aug 2007, 09:09   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

My question to you before I give you your toy - what the heck is that thingin your avatar?
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2007, 13:47   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

I was wondering how long it would be before someone asked that. In Half Life 2, towards the end of the game, you glimpse strange humanoid creatures, with their lower legs replaced by crutch like devices, most body fat and organs removed, a metal plate capable of firing a cutter beam attached to the head. These are called Stalkers, and are the Combine's (bad guys) way of dealing with political dissidents. Basically, you make any sign of belonging to the resistance, and they haul you off to Nova Prospekt (Prison/converting centre) and turn you into a Stalker. Stalkers are quite depressing to look at, mainly due to their rather sad, blank faces. Therefore, in order to inject some humour into an otherwise grim world, I took a picture of a stalker and added googley eyes and a huge grin. And so, the infamous Happystalker was born. He is completely sane, and has no problems whatsoever with his life. And he doesn't do drugs either.

Trust me on this, worse things appear on a regular basis in the Gmod forums. If you want a better write up on Stalkers and stuff, see this wikipedia article.

Quote:

Quote: