Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Army of the Fallen Leaves
Old 26 Jul 2007, 19:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Army of the Fallen Leaves

Hello everyone!

So I've been into 40k for just about two years now, the Tau being my first and most beloved army. I'd call myself a modeller/gamer, as in I'm more into modeling, converting, and painting than actual gaming, partly because I've played a depressingly small number of actual games (like four. Four in two years.) Yeah not many people around here to play, though one of my roommates is starting an Eldar army, so I'm hoping to give him a great many Railgun spankings. If anyone has lots of advice on fighting Eldar please don't hesitate to share, as I'm counting on him being a formidable opponent, as he used to play Eldar under the last edition of the rules but got out of it. He's also in love with the vehicle creation rules and has mentioned long barreled mega bright lances more than once, so if anyone has any good vehicle creation ideas I'd love to hear those too. Seems the Tau are pretty limited when it comes to those (rules I mean, not ideas.)

Okay, enough stream of consciousness.

Fluff-wise, my army is named "The Army of the Fallen Leaves" (as the subject line would suggest) and thematically the idea is that they are likened to autumn leaves that have already fallen from the tree but have yet to reach the ground, the metaphor being that these warriors all should have died long ago but somehow survived against the odds. As such, the army is composed of soldiers orphaned when their original units were destroyed in prior engagements, so they come from different Septs and different mindsets, though they all come together surprisingly well because of their common bond. Their commander is Shas' O Nil' Kemorya, which I like to think means "The Fallen Leaf", though it doesn't translate well. Really as far as I know if means nothing in Tau, but then again I'm thinking that's okay, and it works because it looks and sounds cool. Still working on the particulars of his back story, but him and Aun Sihn, the army's Ethereal, have each saved one another multiple times.

But so yeah, there's a basic introduction, and I'll wrap it up in the interest of keeping the post short(ish.) Looking forward to reaping the benefits of the accumulated knowledge here!

Thanks!
Old 27 Jul 2007, 09:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace
Default Re: Army of the Fallen Leaves

Very nice theme! Do you have much painted up to reflect it?

Welcome to Tau Online btw =)
Old 27 Jul 2007, 14:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Welcome, and make sure you find what you're looking for!

Autarch Uthlanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2007, 19:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by .mace
Very nice theme! Do you have much painted up to reflect it?

Welcome to Tau Online btw =)
Thanks!

Presently I have two units of twelve Fire Warriors completely painted up, four Kroot finished, eight Pathfinders like 90% finished, two crisis suits mostly finished, One Vespid finished and another almost there, like six XV15 suits basecoated, a couple of drones finished, the LE Ethereal from the newer army box partially completled, a Devilfish started and a Piranha about 75% finished, plus a horde of others primed. Yeah I paint really slowly.

I suppose my theme could suggest that that each Fire Warrior could be painted differently to reflect the septs from which they hail, but I though that would be to busy on the battlefield, and part of what attracted me to the Tau in the first place was the vomit brown color scheme, so it's the predominant color through out, and each squad has a "unit color" on the center section of their shoulder pads, the top of their guns, a section of their right shin guards (which varies depending on rank) and on part of each of their antennas. The first squad's color is Ice Blue and the second is Blood Red, and the third one will be Goblin Green and the forth Blazing Orange (though I'm not totally sold on that yet.) Eventually I'd like to do a fifth Codex Grey and give them XV 15 backpacks to reflect the Rappelling Lines Stratagem in Cites of Death games, but I've still got a lot of miniatures to build and paint before then, so that's on the back burner for now. The color scheme actually came out of practicality more than aesthetics, as I wanted to be able to ascertain unit strength and position and such at a glance, as the Red and Orange units are FoF units and the Blue and Green are more of a static firebase (planning on running a hybrid army) but I'm quite pleased with how it looks. I'ma post some pics in the modelling section at some point. And almost by accident, each of those squads could represent a caste of Tau society (Blazing Orange being Air - part of the reason I'm not sold on it - and Codex Grey being Ethereal. I think the others speak for themselves ) The theme continues to my Crisis Suits, albeit with darker colors (Ultramarines Blue and Red Gore thus far) though that's where the theme starts to break down, as the Pathfinders arm circle things are Red Gore and my vehicles secondary color is Red Gore. I'm a fan of the "classic" looking Tau, like from when they first came out. My Stealthsuits will be the traditional black and brownish red of the classic Tau as well, and I'm thinking of doing so veteran bodyguards that way too.

Really long answer, I know. Sorry.

But thanks again!
Old 27 Jul 2007, 19:29   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Guys, we need a very huge leaf blower for Nil Kemorya! :P

Anyway, jokes aside welcome to the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2007, 02:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

welcome to the forums. Here have a cookie.
Old 28 Jul 2007, 03:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis_Vyper
Guys, we need a very huge leaf blower for Nil Kemorya! :P

Anyway, jokes aside welcome to the forums.
Aw Snap! I'd be offended except that that's actually pretty funny and clever, and really, I should have been ready for that one. :-[

Something tells me I'll be hearing it a lot, too
Old 28 Jul 2007, 10:55   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Aunva Drklite

We need a bigger leaf blower :P
(kudos to anyone who can tell were the puns from)

Brill theme i love it, wish i was that insightful :-\

Dont think i need to tell you but follow the rules and such an we'll all get along.................... hopefully

Fear the foam chainaxe !!!!!!!!( The proper ones have been confiscated for excessive smiting)

My kit at the moment
Aunva Drklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2007, 02:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

As you can see Nil, (No clue on your experience with forums) People get a little more open and friendlier, and joke around and aren't that serious. There are serious people here though.

Autarch Uthlanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2007, 02:52   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Welcome to the forums. I think you'll like it here.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote