Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau player with poor record, looking forward to using this forum
Old 25 Jun 2007, 20:27   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Tau player with poor record, looking forward to using this forum

Hi all! I joined over the weekend when I sought some feedback on a recent army list I put together (thanks, Xan!). A quick blurb about me:

I began playing 40K at the same time the first Tau codex was released, and I decided to play Tau because it was the newest (I had been told the newer the codex, the juicier the options) and it was a mobile, shooty army type. I value ranged attacks over assault just on the basic principles of the 40K game design, and mobility is a big part of that.
My friends/opponents (whom I have been playing RPGs with for 25+ years now) are long-time players, some going back to rogue-trader days. We do a regular sports-season-like extended tourney with everyone in the area, and we get together once a year in central California for a weekend long tourney (so that those who have moved to less-fortunate areas can join in - it's sort of a gamers reunion, with many casualties).

With my first Tau army attempts, I did not have a lot of luck. First, I was not experienced and built my lists on limited understanding of how the stats were applied. Second, Tau requires a finesse of strategy that did not match well with my playing style (as a beginner) or my experience - if that is not redundant.

After a couple of years, I switched to playing Chaos SM, mainly Slaanesh-oriented forces. I like the versatility, the models' variety, the daemonettes and the sonic weaponry. I was much more successful.

Now I am switching back to Tau for a while. I think markerlight changes, the piranahs, the addition of advanced stabilization systems and more XV8 wargear variety has enticed me. Who can get enough of move-fire-move?

I love the strategy of the game and enjoy spending hours doing "MathHammer" (as I've heard described) and playing with army lists. That is only one part of the game, though. I have little time to play and experience is still my weakness. I am good at the rules in general, but need to play a few Tau lists with the 4th Ed. rules to get on top of my game.

I look forward to writing a few articles on Tau and.or Chaos stratagy and theory. Also, I enjoy sculpting models immensely (painting, not so much...) and like to read conversion stories. I have only done one minor Tau conversion, but it was significant in that it allows me to field my crisis suits with any support system option in a modular fashion - I just pick the weapon combo I want, and add the support system bit on a game-by-game basis. But I'll post on that subject another time.

Thanks for the forum and the opportunity.

nojinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2007, 23:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Tau player with poor record, looking forward to using this forum

Welcome to the forums!

Let me be the first to warn you: Several crazy and deranged members may come and offer you a present, tell you to read the forum rules, or generally be nice to you. Don't listen to them! Don't bow down to the kindness! And, whatever you do, do not give Elfboy a cookie!
Old 26 Jun 2007, 07:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot1kill
Let me be the first to warn you: Several crazy and deranged members may come and offer you a present, Don't listen to them! Don't bow down to the kindness!
Hello nojinx, I am one of those above mentioned "crazy people" (its not my fault if I can't help it).

Oh by the way welcome to the TO (Tau Online) forums, here have some birdseed (its nut free).

Wall 5.
wall 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2007, 15:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to The General

welcome Nojinx! enjoy the forum
in mindless tone "the presents are good...."
Be Evil.
(\_/) this is bunny
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2007, 15:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot1kill
Let me be the first to warn you: Several crazy and deranged members may come and offer you a present, tell you to read the forum rules, or generally be nice to you. Don't listen to them! Don't bow down to the kindness! And, whatever you do, do not give Elfboy a cookie!
Me too is crazy man and me too had bad gaming record when me join but now is good. You be like me and join the eldar!

Welcome.

To celebrate your eldarification have a celebratory vegan cookie.

*force feeds nojinx a celebratory vegan cookie*

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2007, 14:25   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your moments of not being disembowled :shifty:
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote