Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New to WH40K, wanting to start with Tau
Closed Thread
Old 27 Oct 2006, 22:14   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default New to WH40K, wanting to start with Tau

Hey All!

I started playing WH40k: DaW - DC the day it was released, and the next thing you know, I'm getting into the lore, and seriously thinking about getting into this mini wargames stuff. So I check out my local hobby shop, and wind up running into 4-5 guys who play 40k there on a regular basis. The next thing I know, some guy lends me his army of Necrons, and I go toe to toe with a Tyranid army...it was way too much fun. So now I'm totally hooked, so I started looking at the lore to see what army I liked the best. I gotta say, none of the other armies appealed to me nearly as much as the Tau do, so I would love to start up a Tau army. So I was searching through some sites, and low and behold I stumble across tauonline.com. Well, I think to myself, "Gee, I wonder if they have anything relating to the Tau over there?" Anyway, I have been reading army lists, tactics, guides and lore on here all day now, and I figured I'd join up and jump in the fray...so hi!

Anyway, I'm in my mid 20's, married with a 10 yr old boy at home (my wife had him really young before she met me), and I live in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.

Hi all!

- Dredd
Old 28 Oct 2006, 00:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: New to WH40K, wanting to start with Tau

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredd0606
Hey All!

I started playing WH40k: DaW - DC the day it was released, and the next thing you know, I'm getting into the lore, and seriously thinking about getting into this mini wargames stuff. So I check out my local hobby shop, and wind up running into 4-5 guys who play 40k there on a regular basis. The next thing I know, some guy lends me his army of Necrons, and I go toe to toe with a Tyranid army...it was way too much fun. So now I'm totally hooked, so I started looking at the lore to see what army I liked the best. I gotta say, none of the other armies appealed to me nearly as much as the Tau do, so I would love to start up a Tau army. So I was searching through some sites, and low and behold I stumble across tauonline.com. Well, I think to myself, "Gee, I wonder if they have anything relating to the Tau over there?" Anyway, I have been reading army lists, tactics, guides and lore on here all day now, and I figured I'd join up and jump in the fray...so hi!

Anyway, I'm in my mid 20's, married with a 10 yr old boy at home (my wife had him really young before she met me), and I live in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.

Hi all!

- Dredd
Hey there,

Welcome aboard!

It's good to see another Canadian, there's not many of us in here.

If you have any questions, just send me a personal message.

See you around.
Closed Thread