Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

HI!
Closed Thread
Old 11 Oct 2006, 00:15   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default HI!

Hi everyone.
I'm a complete gaming novice (I played one game of 12 on 12 over at my mate's house one night), but I had a ball and now I'm pretty sure I'm going to start collecting these babies (that would be the Tau ...cool or what?). My birthday was pretty recent (last month) and I have a ton of cash, well a ton of cash for a fifteen year old, so I'll have to hit the store...
But first I wanted to check on what I should get, and (perhaps more importantly to me) how I should assemble it. See I have a habit of wanting to make things look cool, while disregarding whatever rules might be in place, so I thought if I joined here, talked to some experts ( :P) - I could learn a few things. I've had a look around, and it looks like a great site.

SO, yes, sorry for the life story
Akk
Old 11 Oct 2006, 07:11   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: HI!

it is a decent site isn't it?

Models are easy enough, just make sure you take the same arms from the same bit of sprue, otherwise they don't match up.

And welcome to he board, head over to the tau board and read some stickies!
Old 12 Oct 2006, 02:48   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Okay, thanks.
I'll try not to make myself look too much of an idiot

Akk
Old 14 Oct 2006, 00:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Kansas, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, World, Milky way, universe
Send a message via AIM to valhallen_warrior Send a message via MSN to valhallen_warrior Send a message via Skype™ to valhallen_warrior

i've played tau for a while now and they do look pretty cool.

if you have the time and patience, you should figure out a paint scheme and paint your bits on the sprues. thats what i did with my dwarves and they turned out prtetty good (not to toot my own horn or anything ^-^). Also you should buy a codex first of course, and i would advise reading the whole thing. also if you havnt already, you should buy an overall rulebook or the battle for macragg set, depends how in depth you want the rules to be.

if you just want a quick paint then you should look at the games workshop website. that should help a lot.

also how do you find 24 people to play this game. i only know 7 and most of them only have like two units?

"I have no delusions of divinity. We are men, not gods. Man is his own god, his own devil, his own death--we are created in our own image, yet imprisoned by the face we call our own. I will remake the world as I have remade my face." - The Black Mask
Old 14 Oct 2006, 03:45   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

If you want a decent deal, try and get your hands on the Tau megaforce, it has a pretty decent variety of good stuff!!

Radix malorum est cupiditas.
Closed Thread