Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need to get rid of my "zero posts" n00b status
Closed Thread
Old 27 Sep 2006, 16:03   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Need to get rid of my "zero posts" n00b status

there, that should do it. 8)

Eh, might as well actually add something, rather than cheese out with an empty post... Okie-doke:

My name's Mike, I'm a boston-based guy, and I'm just getting back into 40k. I used to play 1st and 2nd edition back in middle/high school (mostly IG), but stopped for a bunch of years. And yes, that means I wandered to my local GW store (in a mall??? who knew?) and immediately tried the whole "back in my day..." holier-than-thou nonsense. I got over that real quick when I realized I had no idea about anything in the game anymore and the 15-year olds were putting me in my place. So now here I am, all humbled and stuff throwing myself upon your virtual doorstep.

This board seems like a good place to ease myself back into things, especially since I've chosen to give Tau a shot. The posters seem to be pretty sharp and tolerant, especially compared to the rest of the 40k forums.

Anyone else from the Boston area? Other n00bs or "just getting back into the game" old-timers preferably?

Catch you around ;D

- Inquisitor Grouchius Marxus
Old 27 Sep 2006, 16:21   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Need to get rid of my "zero posts" n00b status

Quote:
sorry to disappoint you mate... :P

anyways.. hard isn't it? annoying too... i only disappeared for a year and everything seemed to turn upsidedown... stupid inquisitor!
Old 27 Sep 2006, 16:34   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

haha... yeah I noticed. Foiled again... :P

The rule changes are wild. The same general truisms apply to the different races, but the nuts-and-bolts details are all new.

I will say one thing though... I won't miss entire armies of major heroes running around eating everything in their paths. Big fan of the more squad-based setup than the old uber-powered units.

Old 27 Sep 2006, 20:03   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

don't worry, they have just attained a more fleshy form.. we call them power gamers...

welcome back
Old 27 Sep 2006, 20:15   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

haha... Powergamers FTL :-\

Thanx, it's good to be back. At least, I think it is...

I can't be sure of that until my bank statement comes in and I realize that the last time I played I didn't have rent or car payments.

Closed Thread