Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Long lost Harlequin
Closed Thread
Old 06 Aug 2006, 04:46   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Long lost Harlequin

Greetings. I had first contact with the Imperium back in...oh I don't remember, but let's just say I bought the first Rogue Trader (Warhammer 40,000) before it had to trade names because of another game I played called Rogue Trooper (now a Video Game??)

I have been reading about 40K for years, played lots of Blood Bowl, various CCGs, but only coming across the video games the last few years.

I got a job at a Dept. Store in a mall and found a GW next to the store, managed by a fella I played Blood Bowl with (who managed a GW near my parents home) almost 20 years ago! Sheesh.

So seeing the enthusiasm for 40K at the store decided to dust off these Harlequin models I have been for no good reason moving from one apt, to my studio, back to my parents' home, finally to my home where I live now.

Much to my chagrin, there still are no "official" rules for these crazy, beautiful, riDICulously elite figures that I've been lugging around for so long. I pray they give them a real list in the new Eldar book, as they really should be fielded in an official capacity, although I hope they stay VERY rare.

I am an odd fellow, AND an actor, so these guys call to me. Nevermind that I don't know that I can keep up with the current prices for figs (gotta pay my mortgage first!) I also REALLY like the Elite legendary status of them. They are also the most challenging to paint of anything I've ever looked at, and perhaps that's the reason I never really got to it.

We'll see on all accounts, but I hope I have found a community I can share my excitement and/or dissappointment with here.

Thank you.

The Shaking Spear
Guardians of the Rose
Old 06 Aug 2006, 08:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin
Default Re: Long lost Harlequin

Welcome, nice to see more Harle Players getting into the mix, the Minor Races is where you'll most likely be...

Howling Moon,

Troupe Of The Cheshire Shadows.
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Old 06 Aug 2006, 09:07   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Long lost Harlequin

Greetings and thank you for the reply.

I look forward to complaining that I don't get to field an all Harlequin army once that codex hits. Until then, I think I'll be able to convince the boys at the shop to let me use that experimental list, but we'll see. Thought about getting some Thousand Sons, but I have yet to find enough time to get a Death Jester painted, let alone play a game.