Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Meet the Staff - Introduction Topic
Closed Thread
Old 25 Sep 2004, 20:37   #1 (permalink)
Default Meet the Staff - Introduction Topic

I'm Tau Online. I live in Wales (a small bit attached to Great Britain ). I've been playing 40K for about 6-7 years now and I have a 2,000 pt Tau army. I also had a 3,000+ point Eldar army, which I sold on E-0bay a year ago :P

I'm the admin here and the founder of Tau Online. I have a website about Tau...but I can't remember the link to it :P ;D My favourite parts of 40K is the tactics and modelling side of things. I like painting individual models, but I can't stand painting large squads.
Old 26 Sep 2004, 16:02   #2 (permalink)
Default Re: Meet the Staff

I used to be known as 'Farseer Restayvien' since before I even migrated here from Eldar Online, but I was reffered to as Rezzy by KJ and the name kinda stuck. I'm currently 22 years old.
I have collected 40k since 1998 and have collected most of the various races at some point. My favorites include Eldar, Khornate Chaos, Imperial Guard and Tyranids.
I am not actively collecting any 40k any more, having completed my Khornate force late last year. I am gradually selling off my 5000pt Ulthwe Eldar army, and considering buying another (far smaller) force to get back into 5th Ed.
I live in the UK, am a college (but not university) graduate, and work full-time for a company that distributes microscopes and imaging software.

Here on Tau Online I am currently a Global Moderator (Ex Mod of the Eldar board). I also run a (relatively quiet) Battlefleet Gothic Forum known as Battlefleet Fury (see my sig).
PM me if you have any troubles with the forum (or it's members ) and I'll try to help!
KJ - Friend, Brother, Ork. Never forget you mate.
Old 26 Sep 2004, 22:31   #3 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del
Default Meet the Staff

Hello. I'm 'Farseer Del', AKA 'Del the Evil 3Mobile Panda', AKA 'not him again!', AKA 'The Doctor,' AKA 'Jack Bauer', AKA 'The C-Team', AKA 'Camo Mage', AKA 'Mr. Spinnytank' AKA 'STOP CHANGING YOUR NAME IT'S GETTING CONFUSING AAAAAARGH!' People simply say 'Del' usually though.

I'm from Scotland, and generally the last on the bandwagon of posts such as this... And either me or Tyross are longest serving Global mods. I don't jump out and scare you. I follow you around all day. I only got about an hour and a half of work around here, and the rest of the time I track you, like an animal.

I've played 40k since about the start of 3rd edition, but collected the mini's for a little longer. I play Eldar, Tau, Chaos, and Space Wolves. I also like to play Final Fantasy games, run around fields with Airsoft guns shooting at people, and also the odd bit of creative writng here and there, be it a Fanfic for Final Fantasy, a Parody of a movie in a 40k context, or yet another lame effort at a codex. I also have a small role for another website as a fanfiction assitant.

Langauges I don't speak include German, French, Japanese, Welsh, Spanish and I can barely manage English.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 02:51   #4 (permalink)

I guess I'll join the Mods posting as well since I've recently been asked to serve and gladly accepted.* I live in Southern California and work at a job that I'm happy with. I'm married with three children.* They are wonderful kids!

For those of you wondering about my age, just think of really REALLY old.* That'll be close enough.

I've been playing 40K for about 3 years now.* When I started I was the world's OLDEST Noob.* Its not so bad now !

Orks are the only army I've collected other then a stray Necron Wraith model, Nid Red Terror, Kroot Hounds and a handful of Tau models that I got when I bought a bunch of Ork models in a big `Grab Bag' going out of business sale.

Its a pleasure to be here on `da board'.* I actually hang out mostly at an Ork Website called `Da Waaagh'.* Its pretty cool here to.

Very Best Regards,

Brunettes and Beer
Old 12 Oct 2004, 06:21   #5 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to mace

I am mace. A uni student from a land down under (re: Sydney, Australia). At that, I basically have the 'night shift' for janitor duty whilst the rest of the world sleeps, and just do my bit as a Global Moderator here and resident Tech-Priest (I'm a computer and electronics enthusiast - I build computers and electronics kits).

I've started 40k back in ~2001 when I spotted the shiny new Tau featured as army of the month, and have pretty much stuck to them since. I've been around on these forums long enough to remember the crazy old times we used to have on proboards ().

Compared to the rest of the staff team, I have a relatively small collection, and until a few months ago, purely played Tau. I have ~3000 Points of Tau, which will bump up to 3000 Points in the next few months (I'm a bit of a Purist Mech player), ~1700 base points of Space Marines (second hand army, need to work on it..), and about ~150 points of Grey Knights (had a 2000point GK w/ Inducted Guard list planned a while back).

In terms of interests, I'm pretty much your run-of-the-mill geek; I run/design/code my own website/blog, am interested in Sci-Fi and anything techy (Battlestar Galactica is a favourite!), and hide from sunlight.

Meanwhile, I play guitar, game a fair bit, both on PC and consoles, and more or less just spend my time listening to music - anything from Rammstein to whatever is on the radio/tv.

Anyhow if anyone is around in Sydney, give me a buzz over TO and we'll see what we can do =)

Mace has since been retired.
// End Inquisitorial Records. =I=
Old 13 Oct 2004, 15:00   #6 (permalink)
Default Re: Meet the Staff - Introduction Topic

My name is Farseer Tyross Your Master, Changling :P. But most call me FT (because my first name was Farseer Tyross). I've been playing since I was about 7 or 8 and I'm 24 now, so about 16 years :sadnshocked:.

I collect:
  • Blood Wind (Khorne) - ~3,000 points
  • Plague Wind (Nurgle) - ~1,500 points
  • Pleasure Wind (Slaanesh) ~ 1,500 points
  • Changing Wind (Tzeentch) ~ 1,500 points
  • Fists of Flame (Space Marines) ~ 2,700 points
  • Cult of the Emerald Talon (Dark Eldar) ~ 1,800 points
  • Order of the Raped Virgin (Sisters of Battle) ~ 1,000 points
  • Danitun Guard (Imperial Guard) ~ 3,500 points
  • Some Tau ~ 500 points
  • Skaven (first and only Fantasy army) ~ 1,000 points

I've had Deathwing, Dark Angels and some Necrons in the past. I'm interested in fluff, house rules and general battling.

I own a dog, a few Corn Snakes, a couple of Emperor Scorpions, a Flat Rock Scorpion, a Black Forest Scorpion and a Cave Claw Scorpion.

I enjoy cycling, basketball, listening to music (rap, nu metal, rock, basically anything other then classical and some garage stuff) and generally messing around with anything that goes boom (that last one is a joke btw).

I'm also the second admin here, so if you have any problems, send me a private message and we'll get you sorted out.

Bribes are also welcome :shifty:. Whatever you have spare. I accept money, jewelry, limbs or organs. No cheques though.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 17:25   #7 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

KJ here. I is da Big Bad Boss of da Ork forum bit, with my right hand Ork Iveatch. Don't ask about wulfen, space marines, plasma cannons, kais,* welsh lessons, 12 year old people who write gibberish all over my forum, pop music, Mrs Cake, harry potter, The Office or Jackass, and we shalt get along fine.* I also like the smell of petrol stations and the taste of Citric froots. and i love everyone. even people i can't stand. which is everyone. erm. um. er. yes. see you.*

Oh yeah...I know Rezzy. Any complaints about anytihng he does, should be given to me and stored up for when I can use them against him. And TO put me above the forum rules, so don't even think about trying to do me for anything :P

No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 30 Oct 2004, 11:25   #8 (permalink)

What's going on....

I'm Phage.

n : a virus that is parasitic in bacteria; it uses the bacterium's machinery and energy to produce more phage until the bacterium is destroyed and phage is released to invade surrounding bacteria [syn: bacteriophage]
One that eats: macrophage

I'm the aptly named (well, I think so anyway :P) moderator of the Tyranids forum. I live in Australia too and know GOD and BloodiedFangs personally. As a result, I have a pet hate for Space Wolves. I love everything Tyraniddy. I have a vast database of Tyranids knowledge, so if you've got yourself a question, swing me a PM and I'll do my best.

I've been here since TauOnline Version 2. As such, I guess that makes me one of the oldest members. In the bad old days, [ maCe ] was one of the lesser-known members (not a Gmod!) and I had a custom title. I also personally knew the mod of the Necrons forum, TheOutsider, who has long since retired. We were such a small forum....

Outside of the forums...I used to be a national level gymnast, but injuries kept me down so that I never made the squad. This led to me quitting gymnastics, frustrated by lack of progress and finally deciding I was in too much pain everyday for it to be worth it. Now, I breakdance. I live in Canberra though and people are a bit weird about it - I once had a chick be so unappreciative of me taking up some of the dancefloor that she poured all of her beer all over me. I frequent the clubbing scene and am addicted to music. I hope to be a DJ someday.

As of 2006, I'm doing a Diploma Of Music Industry (Technical Production).
I have 18 contact hours a week...plus I do a few for extra credit...then add 30. So it's rather crazy. And people wonder why I'm on the dole. Well...actually it's a Full-Time Student Allowance given to me because I took 2 years off after school, earnt enough money to be considered "Financially Independent".... So of course they give me the generous amount of $110 per week. : Better than nothing I guess.

Thus far, my work experience in the industry consists of working for The Tullys as an assistant sound engineer, with whom I had the good fortune to go to America with - at first I went to LA, then onwards to Nashville, Tennessee for the Australian Music Festival. Quite frankly it was that experience which got me into my course. As a kid I played piano, but my family's not too well off and we came upon hard times; meaning my lessons could no longer be afforded. However, I maintained my love of the Music Industry. I also recently volunteered at a local Canberra Music Festival, where I worked till 12:30pm (volunteering where I ran the merchandise desk), then danced the night away. One of my mates was playing at 2:00am, so I stayed mainly for him. I was so very tired! But it was all worth it in the end, the place rocked out as soon as he hit the set. I then kicked it with the owner of the venue, his security guards and my mates until 7:00am. It was freaking awesome. ;D

Catch you all on the boards.
If you're having trouble recognising my accent...it's educated.

..."because music is in everything, it's the richness of the music that enrichens our lives." - Jay-Z

7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

"As soon as there is life there is danger." Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1860
"God created Man in his own image, and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment." - Mark Twain

Old 08 Jan 2005, 01:53   #9 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Well I'm Andy,

I'm 20 and from the North West of the UK [Widnes], Warhammer is probably my second favourite hobby/pastime after sports [particularly combat sports].

Iíve been playing GW games for 10 years, I started around about the time 3rd Ed was released for 40K [Fantasy was in 5th Edition at the time].

The GW games I play are -

I've played or owned pretty much every army for both 40K and Fantasy and I'd like to think I am knowledgable with them all. In terms of both fluff and gaming. I'm not a fan of the hobby aspect as I'm not a very good painter. It just bores me to be honest.

Current 40K Armies -

Eldar: 4500 Points
Orks: 3000 Points
Space Marines [Salamanders]: 2000 Points
Armoured Company: 2000
Chaos [World Eaters]: 2000 Points
Chaos [Death Guard]: 2000 Points
Chaos [Violators]: 2000 Points
Witch Hunters [Arbites]: 2000 Points
Necrons: 1000 Points
Catachan: 1000 Points

21,500 Total

Current Fantasy Armies -

Chaos: Approx 8000 Points [Beasts, Slaanesh, Khorne, Nurgle]
Dogs of War: Approx 4000 Points
Wood Elves: 2500 Points
Orcs and Goblins: 2000 Points
Empire: 1000 Points
Dwarfs: 1000 Points
Lizardmen: 1000 Points

19,500 Total

For Mordheim I use Middenheimers. They have had so many battles now that they could probably take on a Warband of Ogres.

I also use Middenheimer Humans for Bloodbowl.
Brunettes and Beer.
Old 12 Mar 2005, 16:36   #10 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Greetings to everyone!

My name is Martin and I'm a native Floridian who resides in Longueuil, Quebec in Canada Alachua, Florida. I've been walking around and breathing for the past 25 years and will probably be a student near the rest of my life I wager. Anyhow, between studies, I'm a pretty relaxed person who enjoys good food, good drinks and good company. I very much enjoy mass communication technology and am tickled pink when I find hot spots where I can access Wi-Fi for free around Montreal (moved back to Florida!) with my laptop while I'm on the go.

As for the hobby of Wargames, I'm pretty much a straight 40k player, since quite a while but also play a lot of Warmachine and Hordes. The armies I collect and play are the Chaos Space Marines (all cults & legions, but mainly the Lost and the Damned), Daemonhunters (Radicals!), Tau (Mobile Tank Police!) and Witch Hunters. I never run the same list twice usually and I try new ways to use my units generally all the time. In short, I like to keep it fresh, even when it's very old. Aside from playing the game, I also really enjoy the modeling and painting aspect of the hobby. You can probably find some examples of my work in the Showcase and Contest boards if you're interested. For Warmachine I am a Cygnar player. And for Hordes, I play both Trollbloods and Circle.

Here on TauOnline, I am a global moderator, and for the moment, I also moderate the Daemonhunters boards. If you ever have any questions at all, please come on by. However, don't be shy to drop me a line with a question about any the forces of 40k, and I'll try to help you out to best of my abilities.

I have since retired my position on the site and am no longer a general moderator. I'm in medical school and working and most of my spare time is already gone as it is. So to better serve the site, it's best if someone who will be available do the function(s) I performed. I'm still reachable via PM and Email of course, though if I don't respond via PM very quickly, try my Email as that is something I check very often.

Best of luck to the rest of you! Hold her steady!

I also work on the Newsletter, so I read a lot of the things that you guys are doing and may even quote you in the letters, so if you haven't yet, you may want to sign up to receive it each month! -- I have stopped working on the newsletter and made way for new folk. Good luck!

--MalVeauX (Martin)
[table][tr][td][/td][td][table][tr][td] [/td][td]Apocalypse is the only way to forty-kay.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
Closed Thread