Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Meet the Staff - Introduction Topic
Closed Thread
Old 29 Jan 2007, 04:02   #21 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae
Default Re: Meet the Staff - Introduction Topic

Howdy y'all. I'm the All-father. Also known as Antonio, or Tony, or most other variations you can think of. My current online moniker is a different one from what I started off with on these forums... and... you don't need to know the other one. I changed it for a reason

I live in New Hampshire, USA, just about the middle of nowhere. How middle of nowhere, you ask? Well, I regularly have all manner of beasties and wildlife wandering through my yard. Like the flock of 30+ turkeys that passed through a couple weeks ago, and the pair of foxes I saw just the other day. To most people this would seem like hell, having to drive 40 minutes to get to a movie theater, or mall. Fifteen minute drive just to get to a market... but I like it here. What can I say, I appreciate nature (more than a lot of people I know).

Let's see, I want to learn German, and Italian sometime before I die. Maybe even Polish if I feel up to it.

I've been playing 40K on and off (mostly off) for... about seven years now, I think. Seven or eight... I've lost count. Though I haven't played a game since 3rd edition. I started with Dark Eldar (yes I am that crazy) did a bit of army hopping to Catachans, and then Tau when they first came out. Since then I've toned down a bit, traded my Tau for more Dark Eldar, and am currently concentrating on my Imperial armies. My DIY Space Marines: the Einherjar, my Adepta Sororitas-heavy Witch Hunters, and Catachans.

If you couldn't tell already, I love Mythology. Norse especially so. I don't know why, I just always have. I'm also a bit of an amateur photographer.

Currently I am out of school, and going into the US Coast Guard. I turn 20 in 8 days.

A Piccy of me.

That would be the Moose antler that I found (nearly knocked myself out on) at 9PM while backpacking in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. It was stuck in a tree. I carried it up the mountain, and then back down.

Seeya round the Forums...
Old 05 Jun 2007, 06:03   #22 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Gada Mazaha Send a message via MSN to Gada Mazaha

Greetings to all! I am Gada Mazaha, Wood Elven Spellweaver from the Glades of the Wanderer, and current moderator of the Tyranid Board. (What!?! A Wood Elf working with the Tyranids? What treachery is this!?)

Okay, I'm currently 20 and my real name is John(No I'm not giving away my last name, you creepy stalkers like FT :shifty. I live in the south, northern Georgia to be exact. I used to live in the middle of no where, but within the last ten years, we've grown to be part of the suburbs of Atlanta. I've lived here all my life, kinda wanting to live somewhere else just to experience it, but I'm pretty content with where I am.

I received a full ride scholarship from the National Guard for college, and at the beginning of October in 2007 I shipped to basic training . I toured lovely Missouri for 9 weeks, then trekked to Arizona for 30ish weeks for my AIT(Advanced Individual Training), where I'll be trained in the intelligence field. So now you can't say you don't know where I was. :P I have always wanted to be a part of the military since I was little, and this opportunity I simply couldn't pass up. I'm currently in my first year of college, and considering majoring in either mathematics or geology and continuing my Army MOS within the civilian sector once I have more experience underneath my belt. I would be more than happy to field any questions regarding the Army or the military as whole; I know recruiters can conveniently 'forget' to tell potential recruits facts or sugarcoat other aspects.

I'm currently collaborating engaged with a beautiful young woman who I hope to introduce into the hobby, since she seems to be my evil twin counterpart in woman form. We're getting married in June, and have a positive outlook on the rest of life together.

My hobbies include Warhammer, WoW, recreational gaming, scouting, playing paintball, some photography, and hanging out with my friends. I was introduced to 40k almost 9(!) years ago, after the start of third edition. I originally started Space Marines, the Salamanders chapter, along with everyone else who began playing at the same time I did. Unfortunately, I have a problem when I do the same thing as everyone else, so I dropped my Marines and picked up Tyranids. They have been, and still are, my favorite 40k army. From there, I started various other armies, including Eldar, Armored Company, normal Imperial Guard, Mech Tau, Thousand Sons Chaos, and Necrons. I have taken up Fantasy as well, with Wood Elves leading the way there, followed by some Tomb Kings. I am fairly well versed in these armies and others, so I can help with any questions you might have.

I am here to be a part of this community and help those who need it. If you ever find yourself in need, whether it be advice about 40k, the military, relationships, or life in general shoot a PM at me! I will always be glad to help.

Best Wishes,

- John

Lucky you, here's a picture of me I actually like. :P

Old 28 Jul 2007, 23:41   #23 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hey there,

My name is AfterCresent, I'm 16 years old and my real name is Aaron. I've been in the Warhammer hobby for quite a long time, starting with a High Elf force. I live in Markham, Ontario - in Canada.

I've been on Tau Online for over 4 years now, and I currently moderate the Imperial Guard and Competition boards. I have a 1000 point Imperial Guard army and a 1000 point Salamander Space Marine army. If you have any question concerning either armies, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

I currently work as an Ice Hockey referee for my local organization. I've always enjoyed playing hockey, so there's no better place for me to work right now!

The main sports I participate in are Sailing, Skiing, Track and Field, Soccer and Hockey. I'm also interested in Warhammer 40,000, history, reading and spending time with my friends.

That's all for now, don't hesitate to say hello if you see me around,

Aaron
(Krez)
Old 25 Sep 2007, 04:31   #24 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hello,

I'm Cadaver. My real name is Cody and I live in Austin, Texas.

I used play Death Guard as my main army. I sold it last year and got out of the hobby for a bit. I tend to jump in and out every so often, but I have been playing/collecting 40k stuff since 1996. Over the years I've played Eldar, Tau, Imperial Guard, Witch Hunters(SoB) and Space Marines, Chaos(Death Guard) and a little dabbling in Daemons and Orks.

I really enjoy the painting and modeling aspect of the hobby. I'm always trying to improve and really challenge myself when working on new projects. I'm also really into tactics and list building, and while I enjoy a challenging game, building fluffy armies and just having a good time with it is far more important than solely trying to win.

I'm a huge horror movie fan. I watch a ton of movies in general but horror is my favorite genre. I also enjoy football(American football to any of you who like to refer to soccer as football :P ), drinking with friends, cooking some good Texas BBQ, all things paranomral and mashing buttons playing xbox 360.

I don't Mod here anymore, but I may pop in every once and awhile to cleanse the unwashed masses with my divine brilliance. :P
Old 08 Apr 2008, 15:00   #25 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Hello, I'm Rafe. I've been here three years now, found this place looking for a tau centred forum, and have been imprisoned ever since.

Been playing for over 10 years now, started with Dark Eldar, before moving onto Eldar, and then my current main Tau army (in its 2nd generation). I also play fantasy, with my 3rd gen Vampire Counts, and my Wood Elves.

I wish I was a more dedicated painter, but it usually gets ignored as I love computer games, FPS and RTS mostly, and have a PC and Elite.

I've a slight vampire obsession - I love the movies from the cheesy original Dracula to the more modern take such as Moonlight, although I hate the Buffy take. I'm also a massive sci-fi fan, and love shows like Heroes, Lost, BSG and Firefly.

I really like music from bands like Nightwish (who is taking control of the enclave) and Lacuna Coil etc.

I currently mod the Enclave, in an attempt to bring order to Chaos, and I try to wander the other boards as well. My PM box is always open, so drop us one if you've got a problem or a question.

I'll try and find a pic later on as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 08 Apr 2008, 15:14   #26 (permalink)
Ethereal

I guess I should introduce myself...

[hr]

Im Silk and Iv'e been here knocking on two years now. I first started 40k around the age of 10 and eventually bumped into Orks. And it's safe to say that they are my first love - I just love the matter of factness and their philosphy of being bigger is better. When I get round to it I will have around 2,500 points of regualr orks and I'm in the process of building an Apoc army out of random bits of scrap.

I just can't ignore slaanesh and the daemons codex is something that has me giddy on an almost permament basis.

Anyways - enough about 40k. You will have to learn most of it yourself

Im an avid Nightwish fan, which would be obvious if you stay here for any length of time. And no matter what you here I am not a girl. Oh, and I'm a mod of the enclave until TO finds someone more suitable for the job, but if you need any help with anything just drop me a little PM and I'll do my best.

Old 08 Apr 2008, 15:29   #27 (permalink)
Ethereal

*Clears throat*

[hr]

Good day everyone, I am Vincent Chen, otherwise known to the forums here as Crisis_Vyper. I am 20 (by the time December 31st 2008) and I am from Petaling Jaya, Malaysia and I believe this marks me out very fast among the mods as I am perhaps the first Southeast Asian Mod here in Tau Online. Now contrary to what you guys believe, my username came about when I am making my first ever Email account, and as I wonder what to put I am in a crisis as I needed to hand in the computer to my elder sister within 5 minutes, and then the first part of my name clicked on. But then I needed something else to accompany the name, and then my stepdad's Viper car alarm went loose. So with that the username that you knew me by is born.

I am currently in college, majoring in Psychology (I know I can read your mind as I know that most of you would say "Shtlk! He's gonna read my mind!") and is currently preparing myself to study abroad to the United States of America. So All those in the United States, I am coming to you guys soon enough (for better or worse :P ).

My hobbies are listening to songs and collecting songs, reading (from comics to Militatry treatise), watching (movies to anime), writing, playing around (40k, Designer board games,Console, etc), eating good food, playing the saxophone, daydreaming (I do that a lot), and hanging out with friends and loved ones.I am also interested in learning more languages. (and as of now I am able to converse in English, Malay, Cantonese, Japanese, and a little German added into the mix.) But I guess that most of you knew me by my obssession with Anime and Manga, and it is perhaps among all the other hobbies I have , is closest to my heart alongside 40k as I was first introduced to anime and manga from an early age of 5 years old.

About Games Workshop in general, I am into this hobby for at least 2 years now, and while I am in this hobby I have managed to make three very large 40k armies and their fluff which are;

Baro Hunter Cadre : Approx 3500 pts of Mech Tau
Baldr Force: Approx 3500 pts of Mechanized Death Guard
Order of the Dreaming Hearts: Approx 2000 pts of Mechanized Sisters of Battle

As you can see, I love Mechanized forces with close-range firefights mixed in into the mix. I just can not stand the idea of staying there and taking the hit, instead I prefer that I set the pace of the battle where and when I want it. I have learned a lot about using my armies from the Tau Online boards, and I thank all of you for making me the player I am today. And as for Fantasy, I am starting very slowly with my Mounted Khorne army.

I am currently modding the Tau Boards, alongside my seniors Ravager Zero and Vash113, but even though I am a mod, but I am still learning about my armies and I hoped that you, members of Tau Online are able to help me.

And to debunk the myth that I am a sexy french maid in the forums, here's a few picture of myself that will shatter their dreams. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 08 Apr 2008, 16:03   #28 (permalink)
Shas'O

Admiral on the bridge!

Heyo all. I go by the name Fish Ead around these parts, but in the real world the name's Tom Neal. This post is coming to you from my basement lair in Brampton Ontario. For those who don't know, that's in the land of hockey, polar bears and maple syrup also known as Canada . It looks like I'll be part of a team running the General 40k board. And yes, I am a Star Wars fan.

Been playing 40k for the better part of a decade now. I'm a bit of a mad converter, although I really should post more stuff up in the showcase board. I currently have *takes a few seconds to count* about 6 different 40k armies in varying condition.

It probably won't surprise you that I play tau, this being Tau Online and all. My cadre, hailing from N'dras, has become one of my most successful armies. They've actually earned the nickname of the "Go Leafs Go!" tau due to their colour scheme (which is very close to blue and white)

I also have a chaos force I put together years ago as an Iron Warrior army. However my painting technique has improved since then and the new codex has given me some things to think about, so they're slated for a bit of re-working.

Next up, we have my Marines. I took the Stonecutters (yes, a Simpson joke) to Astronomi-con last year and even though my Terminators insisted on getting drunk aboard the strike cruiser instead of fighting, I managed a decent placing. All credit for the idea goes to a buddy of mine.

Ahhh, my Greenskins, how can I forget them? Warlord Gashbad's horde of assorted pirates, mercenaries and cut throat klan exiles has been a major force on my model shelf for years. I particularly delight in coming up with weird and wonderful vehicle conversions for them.

Now we come to the Tyranids of Hive Fleet Ghidorah. Lethally dangerous, but perpetually Work in Progress.

Finally, there is my latest secret project. No I'm not revealing it now, but let's just say it's downright insane.

In addition I have a Fantasy Skaven army, a few Battletech mechs and a desire to purchase a top hat at some point in the near future. But enough of my babbling! Look out for me in the General 40k board. Happy posting all! ;D
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 08 Apr 2008, 16:45   #29 (permalink)
Shas'O

Howdy y'all, I'm Falstead, Mod of the Space Marine boards. I live in Toronto, ON, so if you're anywhere in the GTA and feeling like losing a game of 40k let me know!

I've been playing for about a decade now, my first ever army was Skaven, for Fantasy, and I've since moved on and play mainly 40k now (so hard to paint all those fantasy models!)

I've got a few armies in various conditions and states of repair, but they are, in no particular order

Tau
Dark Angels - Ravenwing
Space Wolves
Eldar
Skaven
Empire

In addition I do actually play a little bit of Warmachine, it's a great game, I just don't have time for everything! I love board games, and pretty much anything involving dice you see...
I love the rules, I love debating the rules, and I love writing lists. I know most all the codexes of the top of my head, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 08 Apr 2009, 19:49   #30 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

Hey,

I'm boneguard and I'm one of the new kid on staff, I'm in charge of the Minor Races.

I'm from Gatineau (Québec) Canada -just outside Ottawa(Ontario)- I'm a single dad in my thirties who work as a public servant with the fun job of teaching French (second language) to other public servant.

I'm been playing 40K for a couple years now. I currently play Tau, have a small kroot mercenary force, working on my mix-Eldar Faction and will probably branch off in Imperial Guard at one point.

I love to convert: got some Dragor, tarrelian, and some greenstuff done. And thaks to my job, I was able to get vintage Striking Scorpion, some squat, some imperial Beastmen and vintage Sentinel (circa 2nd ed.).

Aside from 40K, my hobbies involve a lot of RPGs and Munchkin card games.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Closed Thread