Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Inquisitor_Malice here to initiate Judgment!!
Closed Thread
Old 28 Oct 2005, 00:17   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Inquisitor_Malice here to initiate Judgment!!

Hello All -

Been playing 40k since '91 with the good old imperial guard and now daemon hunters.

On the side, there is a tourney that needs to be spoken of in a distant city. I would like to know where/how to post without offending the ever so great webmaster gods of internet wisdom and protocal. For their power is far greater than I and their knowledge more so.

Signing off -

Inquisitor_Malice - Daemon Slayer
Old 28 Oct 2005, 02:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Inquisitor_Malice here to initiate Judgment!!

Welcome to the Forums! Be sure to read the rules and sticked topics, and you'll fit in just fine. That should also cover your question about how and where to post.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 11:17   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 11:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kre Mont re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor_Malice
On the side, there is a tourney that needs to be spoken of in a distant city.* I would like to know where/how to post without offending the ever so great webmaster gods of internet wisdom and protocal.* For their power is far greater than I and their knowledge more so.*
You mean the Admins, Mods and Gmods? Yeah, you gotta watch out for them, especially Wargamer . If you don't want to "offend" them, I guess you'd better read the forum rules

EDIT: Link to forum rules.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 17:04   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I read the posting rules and have a question about the following:

Quote:
Posting
Only advertise in your signature. Starting new topics or posts solely to advertise another website, 40K or not, is against the rules. Advertising in posts is only allowed if it's germane to the post.
Ok - the scribes at my disposal plan to post about the tourney with "no name" in the General 40K board. It is a description that would describe the event. Would you consider this to be an advertisement since the description with an appropriate registration weblink is germane to the post? I would prefer to post with this method, but understand if I have to use the signature method based on historical precedense. The Inquisition must follow all protocal set forth by the Adeptus Websitus Administratus. Is a posting in the General 40K section ok?

Old 28 Oct 2005, 17:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Kre Mont re

Gah, it's so difficult to decipher your Inquisitorial babble.... :P I think what you're getting at is, you want to advertise a tourny? If so, then I wouldn't think it's allowed. But if you're making a post with an army you're taking to a tourny, and you need to link to the site so that people know the rules or something, I think that's allowed. And the General 40k board would be the best place for your thread, yes, unless it's specifically themed to one army.

If you're still not sure... PM one of the Gmods or Tau Online himself, they should clear it up for you. Or just post it, and make a note in your post that if it's breaking any rules, could a mod please lock or remove it.