Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

They have it all?!
Closed Thread
Old 26 Aug 2005, 17:36   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default They have it all?!

My friend is a daemonhunters player and i don't think he is using them quite right.
he only uses grey knights and an assassin and 2, 5 man storm trooper squads. why 2, 5 man squads of storm troopers? to fill up the mandatory 2 troop choices so he can put his grey knights in his fast attack choice and deep strike. however this is not what I'm here to complain about i have a few questions about the daemonhunters.

1. Do all greyknights get access to the armoury? my friend says they do because nowhere does it say they can't and it doesn't say they can so I've let him give his guys wargear. but I'm tired of losing!!!! my friend is a do whatever it takes to win kinda guy, which pisses me off!!! he doesn't have the rule book so he doesn't know the most important rule have fun!! and says under that rule that nobody likes someone who tries to win at all costs

any way if greyknights do have access or don't to the armoury, where does it say?

Thank you

P.S. I'm not bagging on how cheap daemonhunters are
and the god we once believed in,
the butcher and his crown
raped the land we used to sleep in,
and tomorrow chimes the ghostly crimes
that haunt tobacco island."
~Flogging Molly, Tobacco Island

www.floggingmolly.com
Old 26 Aug 2005, 17:47   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Xygenic
Default Re: They have it all?!

Only the Justicar in the GK squad can purcahse wargear...not the whole sqaud!
Old 26 Aug 2005, 18:04   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Do you know where in the codex it says that?
and the god we once believed in,
the butcher and his crown
raped the land we used to sleep in,
and tomorrow chimes the ghostly crimes
that haunt tobacco island."
~Flogging Molly, Tobacco Island

www.floggingmolly.com
Old 26 Aug 2005, 18:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It doesn't say that.. the point is it ONLY says the Justicar can.. its a given that the others can't.. oi.. powergamer cheaters...

Look, page 29. Under Grey Knights, Character:

"The Justicar may be given any equipment allowd from the Daemonhunters Armoury."

Hail Olianus Pious! Patron Saint of the Imperial Guard! Savior of the Emperor!
Old 26 Aug 2005, 22:23   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Ah... he's using the old "It doesn't say I can't" routine...

okay then, next time he does that, give all your men Starcannons. After all, nowhere does it say you can't give every model a Starcannon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 26 Aug 2005, 22:29   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

on the DH codex armoury page, i believe page 16. in astrieks it speifically stats that grey knights in power armor (refering to justicars) can only take equipment from the daemonhunter armory from the "wargear" section, this means the justicars cannot take any weapons out of the armory.
Old 27 Aug 2005, 16:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14th cadre
My friend is a daemonhunters player and i don't think he is using them quite right.
he only uses grey knights and an assassin and 2, 5 man storm trooper squads. why 2, 5 man squads of storm troopers? to fill up the mandatory 2 troop choices so he can put his grey knights in his fast attack choice and deep strike. however this is not what I'm here to complain about i have a few questions about the daemonhunters.

1. Do all greyknights get access to the armoury? my friend says they do because nowhere does it say they can't and it doesn't say they can so I've let him give his guys wargear. but I'm tired of losing!!!! my friend is a do whatever it takes to win kinda guy, which pisses me off!!! he doesn't have the rule book so he doesn't know the most important rule have fun!! and says under that rule that nobody likes someone who tries to win at all costs

any way if greyknights do have access or don't to the armoury, where does it say?

Thank you

P.S. I'm not bagging on how cheap daemonhunters are
A sad day... When someone cheats to make the Daemonhunters win, they don't deserve to even be known that they play the Ordo Malleus. Shame on him.

First of all, in WH, only a character will have access to the armory. Characters are defined in the codex entry of the unit. For Grey Knights, the Justicar is the character and he is mandatory. In the profile on the unit, it states that he can access the Amory. It's not that the codex doesn't say it, it's that the Rule Book says it and the codex doesn't need to restate it. And as mentioned, Justicars (the character) have limited access to the armory due to the grey knights in power armor rule on page 16 of the codex.

Now, what army are you playing?

It really pays to stay up to date on your 4th edition rules, because he may be doing all kinds of strange things that are not possible. The force you described is a decent one, but by not means something that should stomp you every game, unless your army or tactics just allow him too.

And if he doesn't have a rule-book, then probably 80% of what he's doing isn't actually legal I would suggest. If you have the rules, make notes of everything he does. Double check it later and let him know.

Otherwise, feel free to post situations and questions here and we can help you on them.

Cheers!