Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2500 Ard Boys Inquisition
Old 12 Apr 2011, 11:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to MDRedeemer Send a message via MSN to MDRedeemer
Default 2500 Ard Boys Inquisition

This is using the Grey Knights codex as the parent list and Witch Hunters as Allies.

HQ:
Inquisitor Coteaz - 100

Grey Knight Grand Master w/ Mastercrafted Nemesis Force Sword, Digital Weapons, Stormbolter, Radiation Grenades, x2 Servo Skulls - 210

Elites:
Vindicare Assassin - 145

Paladin w/ Stormbolter, Nemesis Force Halberd
Paladin w/ Stormbolter, Warding Staff
Paladin w/ Stormbolter, Brotherhood Banner
Paladin w/ Stormbolter, Nemesis Daemonhammer
Paladin w/ Psycannon, Nemesis Daemonhammer
Paladin w/ Psycannon, Nemesis Force Halberd - 415

Heavy Support:
Dreadnought w/ Psybolt Ammunition, x2 Twinlinked Autocannons - 135

Nemesis Dreadknight w/ x2 Nemesis Doomfists, Heavy Incinerator, Personal Teleporter - 235

Nemesis Dreadknight w/ x2 Nemesis Doomfists, Heavy Incinerator, Personal Teleporter - 235

Troops:
x6 Death Cult Assassins
Razorback Transport w/ Twinlinked Assault Cannon, Psybolt Ammunition - 175

x6 Death Cult Assassins
Razorback Transport w/ Twinlinked Assault Cannon, Psybolt Ammunition - 175

x8 Arco-Flagellants - 120

x3 Warriors w/ Plasmaguns, Carapace Armor
Chimera Transport - 109

Veteran Superior w/ Combi-Melta, Book of St. Lucius, Bolt Pistol
x2 Sisters w/ Meltaguns
x7 Sisters w/ Bolters
Rhino w/ Extra Armor, Smoke, Searchlights - 223

Veteran Superior w/ Combi-Melta, Book of St. Lucius, Bolt Pistol
x2 Sisters w/ Meltaguns
x7 Sisters w/ Bolters
Rhino w/ Extra Armor, Smoke, Searchlights - 223

Ard Boyz is about bringing the cheese, but I think this could be effective and a helluva lot of fun. I also get to bring out some unused sister's units as henchmen.

General Strategy:
Grand Strategy turns my paladins and/or some of my HS choices into troops, forming my much harder to kill scoring units in the list and allowing the squishier ones to perform their duties, much of which is to race to an objective and play the waiting game. A lot of armies nowadays want to come to you (Exception being Guard, Tau, and overall shooty oriented armies.) Deathcultists can butcher most of a tac squad equivalent in a single round, and Arco's just put out so many damn attacks that typically hit and wound on 3's. Add Coteaz to the squad for a bit of wound soak and a Daemonhammer, and they're set.

The three warriors with plasma in the Chimera is still an iffy choice. Originally they were in the same squad as the Arco's, but splitting them to maximize their rolls is an idea I am still testing. It does make two scoring units, but it also makes two KPs instead of one (Not factoring the Chimera in this, as it is there regardless.

Dreadknights go after lightly armored transports with the Heavy Incinerators using the teleporters, no cover and hitting multiple units armor 10/11 with Str6 will do some damage, not to mention they now have a pair of dreadknights in their face. The Dreadnought is incredibly efficient: 4 Twinlinked str8 shots from across the map. It also insta-gibs T4 multi-wound critters.

Sisters are still, IMO, amazing, and fit the henchmen roll well while being incredibly powerful for their cost in comparison. Nothing in the henchmen slots can perform their role for the same cost, and BS4 goes a long way.

The whole army can advance very well with a few units to bust up the enemy lines early. And once the game starts to get bloody (because at these points, it does) I have excellent strike teams/cleanup crews. The Grandmaster and Paladins together also hit like a Mak Trukk. Assault Cannons/Psycannons maul transports, Vindicare plays it cool and shoots Land Raiders with his average penetration of 17, becoming more effective than a railgun.
Old 25 Aug 2011, 08:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'd drop the Assault Cannons off the Razorbacks and shave off 5 points somewhere (maybe off your Grand Master via his Master-craft or digital weapons) and get the Paladin squad an Apothecary. With so many eggs in that basket, you want them to be as durable as possible. I recommend giving him the Warding Stave.

The average penetration result of the Turbo-Penetrator rounds is actually 14, but that's still slightly better than a railgun.

I'm not sure about the Arco-Flagellants hoofing it, since they don't have any improved speed and aren't that durable.

You could also merge the Death Cultist squads, drop their transports and 35 points elsewhere to try and fit in a Stormraven. Better armour, mobility and firepower than the Razorback, and it's even an Assault Vehicle. Plus, it could carry the Paladins or the Arco-Flagellants instead if the situation called for it. The dreadnought can catch a lift instead of waddling towards battle, if necessary. It could even be outfitted for more anti-tank if you think you need it.

Something else to consider is Coteaz hitching a ride with the Sisters to act as a deterrent to close combat as well as to utilize his amazing I've Been Expecting You rule. Sanctuary would also prove invaluable, possibly halting an enemy charge so that the Sisters can open up with their cleansing fire. Plus, since the Sisters will usually be within 12" of the enemy, Coteaz could just detach from the squad and charge the enemy by himself.

Overall, I think this list is very well-designed.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
O Y Montyr is offline   Reply With Quote