Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

NEW Daemon Hunter / Grey Knights thoughts?
Old 10 Mar 2011, 18:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default NEW Daemon Hunter / Grey Knights thoughts?

Well the title says it all. Being only the 2nd full day of the new Daemon Hunter / Grey Knights being released what is your initially thoughts and feelings?
Old 10 Mar 2011, 19:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

well they look good i am going to get one of them Dreadknights even though i don't play grey knight as they're now called so i'm going to convert one of them into something got somerough ideas but nothing set in stone. so that what i think of them and by any chance did you read the post that i put on one of greatshaper's thread? about if he had seen them and if he liked them or not?

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2011, 20:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Sorry if this a repost/thread, I hadn't seen any threads on the new Daemon Hunter / Grey Knights and must have mist it somewhere.

I love the fact that the models are all plastic. I'm sure the majority of people are in total aww of the Dreadknight. It is huge! I question if the base of it is going to be able to fit in tight quarter games but that should be easy to deal with. I seems like GW got the model aspect of this new Codex right yet one can only assume how much points each of those Grey Knight squads will be. Also I read somewhere that you'll be able to take multiple assassins? That is totally killer.
Old 10 Mar 2011, 20:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytiger28 View Post
Sorry if this a repost/thread, I hadn't seen any threads on the new Daemon Hunter / Grey Knights and must have mist it somewhere.

I love the fact that the models are all plastic. I'm sure the majority of people are in total aww of the Dreadknight. It is huge! I question if the base of it is going to be able to fit in tight quarter games but that should be easy to deal with. I seems like GW got the model aspect of this new Codex right yet one can only assume how much points each of those Grey Knight squads will be. Also I read somewhere that you'll be able to take multiple assassins? That is totally killer.
no this isn't technically a repost i just posted a quedtion to greatshaper

i know i love all the models i've already got the stormraven and it's awesome just got too wait till the 2nd of april for it too come out.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Sir winston Churchill

maddosammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2011, 21:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

From an objective point of view it's a good codex alright with a signature UBER unit but i still don't like the idea that the imperium is getting ALL the good codex the GK will indoubtedly become a very popular army so in the near future the top four armie will be imperial guard space wolves blood angel and grey knights.

The Xeno 5th ed codexs have been fairly disappointing in comparison particularly dark eldar

Imperium domination of 40k is getting too extreme pretty soon they will have to change the intro of 40k to

in the 41st millennium there is only the imperium of man.....fighting.....amongst itself.

The next few codex need to be Xeno and they need to be GOOD starting with necrons and they better not repeat form and the follow it up with a badass sisters codex.
Antisocialnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2011, 05:22   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

They're running terminator squads at 200 points base +40 per additional terminator. paladin squads at 55, strike squad marines at 20 per, etc. Overall a high expense army, but one that can get to deployment zones and key strategic locations very quickly. Their fast attack slot is very bare, with the storm raven being the very obvious choice, while their heavy slot has a lot of good choices all competing for each other. Among them is the classic land raider with all its variations, the dreadnoughts, dread knights, perdition (devastator) squads, etc.

The surprising thing I discovered through my study of the book is that storm shields are very rare, and that only 2 unique hq terminators may stake a claim to an invul save greater than a 5+. the only common examples in the grey knights codex belong to inquisitorial forces, and even then its unusual to see them. Translation: invest in plasma.

While the codex has access to alot of awesome vehicles, i don't expect to see alot of mechanization in this list due to the inherently high cost of the terminator squads. Unless someone plans to ditch the terminators and stick to all power armored and inquisition units, there just wont be that many spare points to throw around.
tehlegend is offline   Reply With Quote