Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2000 'Pure SoB'
Old 23 May 2010, 21:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default 2000 'Pure SoB'

Everything not a Sister in this army will be a sister, so i'll have a sister repentia on the front of my Pentient engines Etc.
HQ
Cannoness, Blessed Weapon, Cloak of St. Aspira, Inferno Pistol, Frag Grenades - 131
Priest - 40
Elites
Daemonhunter Inquisitor, 2 Mystics - 32
--- Land Raider - 250
9 Sisters Repentia including Mistress - 190
Troops
10 Sisters, 2 Meltaguns, VSS, Book of St. Lucius - 150
Rhino APC - 50
10 Sisters, 2 Meltaguns, VSS - 145
Rhino APC - 50
10 Sisters, Heavy Flamer, Flamer, VSS - 143
Rhino APC - 50
10 Sisters, Heavy Flamer, Flamer, VSS, Book of St. Lucius - 148
Rhino APC - 50
Fast Attack
6 Seraphim, 2 Hand Flamers, VSS - 156
Heavy Support
Immolator - 65
Exorcist - 125
3 Penitent Engines - 240
Total: 2000, 7 Faith Points, 50 Infantry Models, 10 Vehicles
Priest and Repentia in LR, Inquisitor in Immolator, everything rushes forward, Blasts Deepstrikers, Sisters stay in pairs w/ Books, Cannoness and Seraphim use Rhinos for cover and harrass small units. I'm going to try and convince my Gaming Group to let me use the IA:2 update Rhino, in which case I'll drop the VSS and use the spare points to get 3 more Seraphim.
ultimatedragonlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2010, 17:49   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: 2000 'Pure SoB'

First and foremost, I want to say that this looks like it will be a fun list to play. However, I do have questions about your motivations/expected uses for come units in your list. Without further ado, here we go:

1)How are you moving your Cannoness around? You don't have her listed as having a jump pack, and I don't have my codex handy so I can't check if you've accounted for it her points or no, but what were you planning? Or did you want her in the Land Raider?

2)What purpose is the DH Inquisitor doing for your list that it couldn't do without him? Yes, he brings a Land Raider to the field and he has the Mystics for DS protection, but do you need it?
2A)With the Inquisitor in the Immolator you're not going to be able to drop a lot of fire into the target unit very easily. in fact, I have heard debates on whether an Inquisitor can even make use of this ability while embarked because the rules, unless I am completely mistaken, make specific reference to using the Inquisitor model as the point of origin for the power; if the Inquisitor is embarked, then he is no longer the point of origin, etc. I don't agree with this interpretation, but be aware of it.
2B)Do you really need the Land Raider? Yes, it's an armor 14 brick, and it has a couple Las cannons to help with Anti-tank, but Sisters are the King of Melta; you can take more melta weapons than any other army out there. Really, the only reason to take the Land Raider is to transport the Sisters Repentia, which leads me to my next point.

3) Do you really need the Repentia? They are a very specifically tasked unit that is only effective against a few targets, primarily heavy vehicles or the odd Carnifex. A single (or two, if you get the charge) st 6 attack at Initiative 1 per model attack is nothing to brag about. The only time it gets scary is when the opponent is a vehicle so you get the extra penetration dice. But what are they doing that something else could do equally as well and perhaps for less cost?

4)I don't have my codex handy (I'm on campus) so I can't confirm this, but don't you have the Exorcist under-costed by 10 points?

5)At 2000 points 7 faith points is not that much. At 1500 I rock 12 points, with two easily sacrificable Cannonesses to get even more. Faith is what really sets the Sisters apart and allows them to perform, I would take as much advantage of that as possible.

If I might offer a suggestion on unit choices, I would drop the Inquisitor, land raider, and Repentia, saving you almost 500 points. Instead run two Cannonesses with Power Weapon, Brazier of Holy Fire, and Litanies of Faith. My favorite way to field these is to attach them to a Dominion squad of 2 flamers and 2 melta guns, with a VSS with power weapon and Brazier in an Immolator. This lets you jump out of the Immolator and drop 4 flamers on a target, which will score enough hits to hammer even terminators, and also has two melta guns to deal with walkers, tanks, etc. Add in whatever flavor of Immolator suits you for added pain. The Litanies makes sure that whatever critical Act of Faith you need goes off without a hitch.

Anyways, while this is what I would do, I don't know what restrictions you have, whether in terms of model count, theme, etc. Do whatever you want to and best of luck!
Papa_Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 19:21   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Overall this seems like a solid army. I agree with Papa_Wheely about dropping the DH Inquisitor. Also, I think dropping the 143 pt Sister's squad in favor of another Cannoness or a Celestian retinue would be a good idea.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 09:59   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

You cannot put repentia in a vehicle, it says plainly that they may never be transported in a vehicle.

Kaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2010, 19:05   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

If this were my army I would probably lose the Repentia, the Priest, and the Penitent Engines. There is an art to using the Penitent Engines which I haven't masterd yet myself. as they can be led around the board by a unit of jump infantry by an experienced opponent. Also needing the Priest to unlock them nerfs one of your other units since they have such a limited fire window of 12" to ~6". Since all Witch Hunter units with guns have rapid fire just about they may nto fire if they are within 6" or less of an oppoenents as they must assault if able with a Preist attached. That and they are always considered to be moving.

One more thing is that Exorcists are 135 points not 125 points. I dont' know if that messes up your point scale or not.

Repentia cost too much for the little you will see in return, although I suppose they can surprise an opponent once or twice if he never sees them and I know most people will wonder what they do since many do not use them. Of the 4 Sisters players in my area none of them use them but all own a single full squad of them becuase they are gorgeous models.

My 2000 point list looks something like this if I'm not using Imperial Armour.

Canoness: inferno pistol, blessed weapon, BoSL, Cloak of St Aspira, Mantle of Ophelia, Rosarius, frag grenades, melta bombs
+ 9 Celestian retinue with flamer, heavy flamer, sacred standard, simulacrum imperialis, frag grenades, vet with eviscerator, and plasma pistol
Rhino with extra armor

4 Battle Sister squads with heavy flamer, meltagun, vet with bolte & BoSL
Rhino with extra armor

10 Seraphim, 2 hand flamers, vet with botl pisto, power weapon

3 Exorcists

I have about 50 points to play with on that list and make some modifications depending on what it is I am planning to do. I'm netting 8 faith points from that list.

Normally I don't do organized play and use IA with Repressors and I use St Celestine also riding high with my Seraphim for 10 faith points and only 3 squads of Sisters. St Celestine and the Seraphim can be beastly with a god round of Divine Guidance backed shooting from 3 flamers and 8 bolt pistols (7 of which are twin linked). Recently I killed Abbadon and squad of Terminators with them and shooting assitance from 2 squads of Battle Sisters. St Celestine wiped the floor with Abbadon in the assualt phase. Most oppoenent sdon't let that happen twice though. She has her down moments too though like being killed instantly by the stray assault cannon round and losing 5 faith points.

andrewm9 is offline   Reply With Quote