Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Mystic Question!
Old 25 May 2010, 00:16   #41 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Mystic Question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan
I am slightly bewildered that you guys had to get RAW on the troops in vehicles scoring though. That was one of the big changes from 5th everyone talked about. That's not saying much though since I forgot about it in this context as well. ;D
I understand how it works. But since you were using it as an example, I wanted the exact wording. It tells you to measure from the hull outright. There would still be no need for page 66.

Quote:
I don't feel entirely unjustified in asking for a bit more concrete RAW.
That is fair. But if anything, it is just an example of GW not pointing out changes very clearly.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 00:30   #42 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Mystic Question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
Quote:
I am slightly bewildered that you guys had to get RAW on the troops in vehicles scoring though. That was one of the big changes from 5th everyone talked about. That's not saying much though since I forgot about it in this context as well. ;D
I understand how it works. But since you were using it as an example, I wanted the exact wording. It tells you to measure from the hull outright. There would still be no need for page 66.

Quote:
I don't feel entirely unjustified in asking for a bit more concrete RAW.
That is fair. But if anything, it is just an example of GW not pointing out changes very clearly.
I was actually talking to Chico, I truly don't understand most of that post of his. :P
[hr]

As for your first point, it's still a point that I was able to find that was more current than something connected to 4th. I'd imagine it's just said again to stress that a vehicle could contest as well and how to measure for that (any point on the hull) etc. In any case, I think it's not quite as clear as everyone makes it seem to be. Then again, this may just be a rule that will go the way of the aforementioned pinning weapons (everyone truly does ignore it because it doesn't make sense by RAI), which I'm okay with as well if it ends up like that.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote